You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly my 3-1 opening post prediction was spot on.

Only just got in so can't be arsed reading through because its probably all be said before.

Ill keep it simple. We can over analyse everything, tactical decisions, substitutions, whatever. The simple fact is if we defend correctly and don't gift the opposition a goal on an almost weekly basis by thoroughly avoidable errors then we'd have easily qualified from this tie and probably been atleast 10points better off in the league.

Scoring goals isn't our problem. Defending against them is.

Can't fault effort and commitment tonight, we gave it the best we had with the fairly limited options we had. But we are our own worst enemy and until that changes we need to get used to being at the level we are now.

Oh, and Luis Suarez is fucking unbelievable and it's going to take some almighty persuasion to keep the lad here another season. If he goes we can kiss goodbye to any hopes of progression in the coming seasons. Truly world class player.

I don't care what offers come in the summer, the answer is 'fuck off!'

And after they've finished fucking off, they can piss off.

Luis stays and I can't see him forcing a move after his reactions, firstly on his second goal and then at the final whistle.

He really gets it.

Really, really gets it.

Love him.

Nonsense, credit's where it's fucking due. We were excellent today.

Thought we were great tonight, buzzed, quick passing for the majority. Can’t for the life of me understand that substitution, said the same to my wife at the time. Thought it was unnecessary at the time and the impetus, although we could have won it, was lost there, it backfired.

Overall thought we played great, another thing, I don’t like Shelvey one bit, neither does my wife, and seldom do we agree on anything.

In hindsight it was a mis-judged double change by Rogers, especially taking Henderson off for the lamentable Shelvey. But then again if we had gone through he would have been hailed a genius - thats football.

True enough I suppose but I can't help feeling we missed a chance tonight.

People have said that Rodgers is still learning and I reckon tonight will be a big lesson for him.

The substitutions came at the wrong time as everyone was on their game and would've been flying after 3-1 so he should have left the subs for another 10 mins.

Shelvey was a passenger who could not get into the pace of the game at all.

Assaidi for Allen maybe but he should have left Henderson on the pitch. I'm far from his biggest fan but he was doing OK in the game.

Great effort but opportunity missed. Good times ahead.

I thought downing did alright tonight. He showed guts, and he was involved in plenty of our attacking play.

For me the onus was on him to try and commit a couple of defenders and get that link up going with Suarez. He never imposed himself enough on a defence that was there to be got at.

Might be harsh as I don't know his instructions from the manager and Rodgers may well be pleased with the job Downing did for the team tonight.

Still cant get over that substitution bringing Shelvey and Henderson going off. Killer.

Great performance.

With Sturridge and Coutinho cup tied and Borini injured, we wouldn't have won the cup anyway.

In that sense, better to go out now and conserve our energies into making up the gap on 4th.

Yep in reality that's probably true. I can't say I'm too bothered to be honest, I know I'm not supposed to say that. I thought it was a great performance against decent opposition.

Now lets go on a real unbeaten run thumping a few sides in the process and see where that gets us.

Baffling subs by BR, not sure why he made those changes at that time. I think we would've gone on to get the 4th goal had we kept the team the same.

Great effort from the team, a big shame that sloppy mistakes by Carra and the manager had to cost us.

Thought those subs were baffling myself.

I simply dont rate Shelvey at the moment and Downing has perfected the art of just doing enough to get by.

Assaidi did well for me and Lucas was brilliant in the second half after a dodgy start.

Sad for Carra but he's not really suited to Rodgers style of play in the long run.

He will be very tough to replace though.

In hindsight it was a mis-judged double change by Rogers' date=' especially taking Henderson off for the lamentable Shelvey. But then again if we had gone through he would have been hailed a genius - thats football.[/quote']

Not the First time! He needs to learn fast, great managers do changes that tip the game in their favor....

Team gave it a good go tonight, if we can keep our players and have a good summer next year is looking good!

Can't fault the performance or effort. We were the better team for most of the tie and they really didn't look anything special but we went out because we missed good chances in the first leg and gifted them a goal in both games. Real shame for Carragher for that to happen in his final European game for the club after contributing so much to so many great European nights in his career. I think the Rodgers bashing on here has been way over the top but I've got to agree that the 2 substitutions right after the third goal were very badly timed. Zenit were absolutely all over the place at the time and there was plenty of time left to get the fourth goal so he could have at least left it another ten minutes to see what happened.

Not really much left to play for now this season but I hope the players don't just give up on the league like they did towards the end of last season. Get as many points on the board as possible and try to finish in a respectable position and give us something to build on for next season.

The usual dubious tactics from BR and baffling substitutions. Players we hardly ever saw earlier in the season look good.

I loved this club before BR arrived, and i'll continue to love it after he's gone. I just hope Suarez doesn't follow him out of the door.