You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Not really. We're very good at it.

Touche, we are good at buying them. They haven't been good at playing for us recently. Just worried that we're after another guy coming off knee surgery.

Lots of rumors that Begovic agreed to join us, which would been Pepe is going to Barca.

Haven't seen a price quoted though.

Maybe having Carra on the coaching staff giving him some 1 to 1 may do the trick?

If you lot think every defender needs to be blindingly quick or excellent readers of the game just don't know the game.

Was Stephane Henchoz quick or an excellent reader of the game?

Not really.

Did he form an excellent partnership with Sami?

Yes he did.

Was Coates given a chance to form a partnership with any other defender?

No

Why?

No idea.

I agree with you about Coates. When we signed him, people were raving about him, he'd come off the back of a successful Copa America, and looked a promising player.

I don't think he's been given a proper run in the team. You need that to really show what you are made of. I'm sure that at the back end of last season, there were a lot of people that wanted to see Coates being given a chance by Kenny, but it didn't happen. I know he's made a few mistakes, but haven't all players?

I think a season loan would do him the world of good and then we could all see if he has the potential.

Could this proposed Begovic transfer be a possible reason for Pulis leaving Stoke?

No.

They signed Jack Butland in the knowledge that Begovic would be off.

The reason he's left Stoke is because even the mutants of Stoke now recognise that he's spent 100m, with no progress, still playing atrocious football despite signing actual footballers like Adam and Owen, and apparently he breaks out in hives and sticks pencils up his nose whenever someone mentions the concept of 'promoting youth'.

The question is, is Begovic who we should be getting in? I never watch Stoke, but aren't they completely set up for defense and clean sheets?

So you want to sign Pulis now he's available on a free?

Shrewd.

Oh, I see you're American.

Are you John W Henry?

Yea

Consistently played shit when given the chance

I seem to remember skrtel stinking out the gaff on his debut (Burnley?) it took him a while but he found his feet. He was given the chance to find his feet. not the case with Coates. Seems like you only get 2 kinds of South Americans. Those that hit the ground running and those that need a hand up. Coates fits into the latter in my opinion.

Edited by The Acolyte

Translation of the article:

"Asmir Begovic, bh representative of the next season, will defend for Liverpool! Avaz Sport learns that everything has been arranged and is waiting for a signature. In fact, waiting for sales Rejna Pepe, who was with 120 weekly salary 000 pounds is too expensive and not cost Liverpool, so they opted for a younger and better Begovic. Our past like the Arsenal, but Liverpool was the fastest and the most concrete.

"Sport" writes that Asmir gave consent, with one condition.

- I want to start preparing 10th July, when all the players of Liverpool - said Begovic leaders Liverpool.

Apparently, they are at Arsenal realize that "there is still hope for negotiations." However, as things stand Asmir will defend next season at Liverpool. As with the human and sporting brand what Begovic and deserves!"

Translation of the article:

"Asmir Begovic' date=' bh representative of the next season, will defend for Liverpool! Avaz Sport learns that everything has been arranged and is waiting for a signature. In fact, waiting for sales Rejna Pepe, who was with 120 weekly salary 000 pounds is too expensive and not cost Liverpool, so they opted for a younger and better Begovic. Our past like the Arsenal, but Liverpool was the fastest and the most concrete.

"Sport" writes that Asmir gave consent, with one condition.

- I want to start preparing 10th July, when all the players of Liverpool - said Begovic leaders Liverpool.

Apparently, they are at Arsenal realize that "there is still hope for negotiations." However, as things stand Asmir will defend next season at Liverpool. As with the human and sporting brand what Begovic and deserves!"[/quote']

Makes more sense in Bosnian...

The question is, is Begovic who we should be getting in? I never watch Stoke, but aren't they completely set up for defense and clean sheets?

You dont want to sign a keeper who can keep clean sheets?

Doesnt matter how a team is set up, a goal keepers job is to stop shots on goal......that never changes

Off topic, but I hark back to the days of Chelsea's front three of Robben, Drogba and Duff, who tore into teams, and I fear that Mourinho's first trick will be to recreate that and go Robben/Mata - Benteke/Lukaku - Hazard/Marin

433 works when the front three are World Class bastards. Robben is still patently World Class and I reckon he'll bring him back and sign Benteke as the new Drogba.

I don't know anything about this greek fella but by trusting you lot and assuming he is ace

--------------Begovic------------

Johnson----Papa----Agger----Enrique

-----------Stevie--Lucas------------

Suarez*---------Eriksen*--------Coutinho*

----------------Sturridge--------------

*interchangeable

would be a little bit ace, yes?

The recent rumblings and this has come from the Liverpool Echo is that Liverpools targets are Kolo Toure, Diego Capel, Kyriagkos Papadopoulos and Tiago Llori.

That's just the beginning.

That's a good group, I'd be happy with just that for now. There's nothing 'wrong' with Johnson and Enrique, though we could do with some cover on either side. That said, Brad Smith and Ryan McLaughlin need to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't know anything about this greek fella but by trusting you lot and assuming he is ace

--------------Begovic------------

Johnson----Papa----Agger----Enrique

-----------Stevie--Lucas------------

Suarez*---------Eriksen*--------Coutinho*

----------------Sturridge--------------

*interchangeable

would be a little bit ace, yes?

Need someone better than Lucas

What do you guys think of Diego Capel?

He has a lot of pace, but was only good for about 1 season until everyone worked him out.

Very left footed only.

I dont rate him that much, he might be good in the prem but i was hoping for someone better.