You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest davelfc

It's just buying an old rusty bucket when we need to fix the leak. We get more like everton every week, the old everton not the one that finishes above us recently.

(Would be my knee jerk reaction if it happens)

Don't have a major problem with this if a) it's cheap, which you would assume it will be. It won't be like Cole as others have mentioned, obviously b) he's not our only CB signing this summer and is just experienced back-up c) it means Williams is off the radar

The signing can't really be judged in isolation though.

I remember in 2000 when we signed this washed up 35 year old on a bosman, to paper over our cracks in midfield. Didn't get any money when he moved on either.

So, the exception proves the rule?

McAllister was playing regularly, Toure isn't and looks shaky as hell and fat to boot when he isn't getting regular games. Do you want him as a first choice CB?

If everything in that Echo article pans out, Skrtel and Coates out with Papadopoulos, Llori and Toure in I don't think too many complaints could be made about that, along with Agger that appears on paper, from what I've read about the incoming players (I've only seen Toure play no idea about the other 2 but they seem to be highly rated especially Papadopoulos) to be a decently balanced 4 in central defence.

2 young Players one of which has a lot of experience already to start alongside Agger one younger as 4th choice and Toure as the experienced head.

Makes sense. Can't remember last time we did something that made sense in the summer window. Also if the prices being quoted are true we could replace our centre backs with the incomings just from Skrtel and Coates which would hopefully raise upto £15m hopefully largely leaving the rest of the transfer budget, whatever it is, intact.

i dont know what the fuck is going on. Kolo Toure?

yaya? yeah cheers laterz. Kolo? nono.

Im not overjoyed, but can you explain who else we can bring in who (a) is free and (b) experienced playing at the top level for title winning teams?

If Coates, Skrtel and Carra have left, we need at least two replacements. They'll bring in around £15m. 1 top quality CB will cost £15m. We're going to have to bring in somebody like Toure.

Im not overjoyed, but can you explain who else we can bring in who (a) is free and (b) experienced playing at the top level for title winning teams?

If Coates, Skrtel and Carra have left, we need at least two replacements. They'll bring in around £15m. 1 top quality CB will cost £15m. We're going to have to bring in somebody like Toure.

carra is on a free.

no seriously, if we signed papadapaolopopodopodlopopadapapadopalous and toure i'll be happy. Not because of Toure. But because of papadopoloapadiplodocus

hear me roar.

I'm wondering if the scouts we brought in from city have got anything to do with this Toure move ? they'll have been told what to look for and what were looking to spend i'd imagine, as a free with experience at Arsenal and city (as captain) he ticks a few boxes,if hes on a short term contract ( 1 year) and a decent wage (£50k-£60k) or better still less with a bonus for playing then I haven't got a problem and he's better than Williams.

This kolo story is a smoke screen for other targets to commit

Why have all the newspapers suddenly got the story?

I think we have made a false enquiry, and allowed the papers to run the story in order to force the hand of other players we are chasing.

It makes no sense, we have a youth policy but we would rip that up for a 32 year old centre back on high wages?

I think we are trying to force agents and top priority targets to commit sooner rather than later.