You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Just looking around, our war-chest seems to be 25 million plus whatever we can generate from players being sold.

Just selling Carroll for 15 million, will give us 40 million to spend on a few players.

I reckon we could buy some great players for our starting positions.

The focus must be on a defender, a center forward, a winger (should Downing go) and a goalkeeper should Reina go.

I would be happy if we kept the current squad and just signed one absolute top notch beast of a centre back. I mean a dominant commanding leader not someone with potential.

We have goals in the side now, Lucas should be better next year, Kelly back and the young guns with a year's maturity, the missing ingredient is our inability to defend set pieces and grind out 1-0's.

Number one priority is a top centre back, not fucking Ashley Williams either

I would be happy if we kept the current squad and just signed one absolute top notch beast of a centre back. I mean a dominant commanding leader not someone with potential.

We have goals in the side now, Lucas should be better next year, Kelly back and the young guns with a year's maturity, the missing ingredient is our inability to defend set pieces and grind out 1-0's.

Number one priority is a top centre back, not fucking Ashley Williams either

This is my take as well.

I think £20-25m is a fair starting point, Carroll and Spearing would bring that up to £40m without even touching this seasons squad. I would prefer to spend £40m on the best 2 defenders we can get rather than trying to make make it spread to 4 or 5 players.

I agree with the philosophy here, quality not quantity. Other than some kids for the academy, every player we bring in should be a starter.

Get the best central defender ( keep Skrtel ) , defensive mids & right mids we can.

If there is enough kitty left to buy an extra forward or full back then fine.

Diame at 3,5m is a no-brainer... If Newcastle want Carroll a swap for Ben Arfa should be on the cards... Mertens from PSV is the type of player we really could benefit from getting! My ideal playmaker would be Isco, but given the ridiculous prices being quoted I'd be very happy if we get Eriksen... In terms of CB's a young one in addition to alderweireld would go a long way! If there is truth to the Digne rumors I'd be happy for him to give Erique a run for the LB spot... Clasie at Feyenoord would be a great buy to give Lucas some much needed competition... In terms of goals we could get Remy at a decent price, or maybe Heung-min at HSV could be worth pursuing...

I'd keep Reina and Skrtel, but sell;

Downing

Carroll

Assaidi

Spearing

Flanagan

Coates

Pacheco

Uncertain about Shelvey, Borini and Allen, but especially Shelvey would benefit from another loan...

The amount of money given to Rodgers from FSG will have a big say in how this all connects....

Sorry, but I'd give Carroll another crack, (unless we have someone of Suarez level on standby) Assaidi, Flanagan, Coates and Pacheco. None have been given a fair crack of the whip.

I'm truly staggered by the people wanting to give Andy Carroll another crack. Have you actually been watching us the last couple of months, with all that pace, movement, cunning and guile in the final third? How on earth would he fit into that? He would look even more out of place than he did before.

He has seemed off the pace last seasonbut i imagine that was due to lack of games.

He is definitely worth a punt on a free.

Off the pace?

If that means fat and slow ( his shorts were bigger than mine) I agree

In the home game he was terrified of any pace and had to defend deep

I don't want him or his slimming pills

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't particularly want him, but I guess it depends on who is going out and who else is coming in. Still, don't really want him.

I think Toure could be a really useful stop-gap for 12-18 months until we sort this defence out long-term.

He needs to play, you cant rotate Toure, he'd be shit. But playing every week, I think he'd be handy.

If we do sign Toure, then that suggests we'll buy a couple of 19/20 year olds like Llori, and allow them time to settle. Agger, Toure and Kelly would be the rotating three centre backs I would imagine, with occasional games from the young lads, which could increase depending on how they do in training etc.

Toure good car salesman though.

Married Premier League star Kolo Toure had a lengthy affair with a young model – after tricking her into believing he was a car salesman.

The Manchester City defender told pretty Kessel Kasuisyo his name was Francois and showered her with *expensive gifts he claimed he bought with cash he made selling motors, she claims.

And in a desperate bid to keep his real identity secret, she says, the £90,000-a -week star would sneak into her council flat wearing sunglasses with a baseball cap pulled over his face.

Smitten Toure, 31, kept up the astonishing facade for two years.

He married the mother of his two children during the alleged affair and even carried out a *bizarre pretend proposal to *Kessel, 22 – getting down one one knee to give her a £1,000 diamond ring.

But the game was up for the Ivory Coast *international – who portrays himself as a devoted family man – when one of his mistress’s pals recognised him.

She told Kessel to Google her car salesman boyfriend’s real name – and the shocked beauty found Toure’s wedding pictures online.