You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Pace and power pfffffff, he needs to be clean and fresh, good looking, first class, cool, aspirational, stylish,...... Global.

Beckham at CB?

Boss: Scouts have started working - Liverpool FC

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers believes the work of the club's scouting department has provided the ideal platform to strengthen the Reds' playing squad during the summer.

Rodgers' January transfer activity paid rich dividends with both Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge making instant and impressive impacts since arriving at Anfield.

Although the boss insisted that no bids have been launched for new recruits as yet, the Northern Irishman has confidence that the ongoing behind-the-scenes work can bear fruit in the off-season.

"The scouts are doing a terrific job in their diligence and their work," Rodgers said at his pre-match press conference on Friday afternoon.

"They're leaving no stone unturned in terms of the work they are carrying out in order to get us the players we need to improve.

"That process started just after the window - once we got the staff in we needed, they got to work straight away and we saw the benefits of that over the course of January. Hopefully we can have a similar window, a real positive one, in the summer.

"It's a different club - there's a lot more cohesion within all departments of the club. There was a big change going on across the board here last season in terms of managerial changes, coaching changes, administration and recruitment.

"There was a lot going on - lots of players going out, some coming in. The word stability is key for us now - it really sets us up for the summer to hopefully have a good window.

"We really have to make sure we're getting the right types of players in and if we can do that, I believe that we can kick on again. As a start point, it's much better.

"There are no bids in for anyone yet. There's a lot of work going on off the field, our staff and people at the club are doing a brilliant job in identifying the types of profile that we want to bring in.

"There'll be a natural transition in the summer because we need to improve our depth. The squad was very shallow throughout the season and we know we need to improve that. That will happen.

"Like any club, you want to do your business as early as you possibly can. We'll look to reinforce over the summer months - come the beginning of the season, we would hope we have a squad ready to challenge."

"For the supporters, considering the history of this club and what they've had to celebrate over many years, this will have been a disappointing season for them in terms of trophies. Come the summer, we'll be in a much better place to put in a sustainable challenge at the top of the table."

Brendan Rodgers

As his maiden season with the Reds draws to a conclusion and his anniversary of being appointed the manager nears, Rodgers was quizzed about the growth of the team during the last 12 months.

"Ultimately we want to be challenging for trophies and being consistent at the top of the league," the 40-year-old added.

"This season was always going to be the season for building our base in order to achieve those objectives. As the season has gone on, we've become better.

"We've looked to change the culture and mentality within the group and our results have demonstrated that. The players have given their all - we've become better and I expect us to continue to get better.

"This has been great learning for me this season. I've been in football a long time and I came here because of the challenge - to get Liverpool back into the top four of this great league. It was the reason I came - the history of this great club.

"I knew it was a big ask but it's not really until you come in that you understand the total task. I wouldn't change it for anything, the support I have been given by the players has been top-class.

"My staff have been brilliant, both on the field and off the field. For the supporters, considering the history of this club and what they've had to celebrate over many years, this will have been a disappointing season for them in terms of trophies.

"But there has also been delight along the way and they'll have seen progress. Come the summer, we'll be in a much better place to put in a sustainable challenge at the top of the table."

Been away working all week, can't be arsed to trawl through all these pages to find gossip.

Have we signed Ace van Brilliant yet?

Not yet Banjo, it was on twitter last night that a deal is close but this morning the papers are saying that Spurs are now interested!

Who the fuck is Yaya Sanogo?

"Yaya-Sanogo knows the gate. Yaya-Sanogo is the gate. Yaya-Sanogo is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yaya-Sanogo. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread."

- H.P. Lovecraft