You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Seen this? You watch his eye when he's told he's doing the arm-wrestle wrong. Tell me that's not a winner. His eyes say 'yeah, fucking funny, fatty, I'm going to snap your arm off at the neck'. Not the first time he wins, with his shoulder, but after that when the guy taps him. He just stops laughing and stares right through his face. As if he's not descended from a long line of Spartan warrior kings.

That arm wrestle is superb, crazy fucker and a quality player.

Player Name Kyriakos Papadopoulos

Birth Date 1992/02/23

Height 183cm

Weight 85kg

Preferred Foot Right

DEFENDING

Marking 76

Standing Tackle 77

Sliding Tackle 80

SKILL

Dribbling 57

Curve 41

Free Kick Accuracy 53

Long Passing 56

Ball Control 62

MOVEMENT

Acceleration 68

Sprint Speed 69

Agility 55

Reactions 71

Balance 63

GOALKEEPING

GK Diving 10

GK Handling 9

GK Kicking 11

GK Positioning 8

GK Reflexes 9

OTHER

Potential 85

Attacking Work Rate Low

Defensive Work Rate High

ATTACKING

Crossing 54

Finishing 22

Heading Accuracy 82

Short Passing 65

Volleys 44

POWER

Shot Power 82

Jumping 85

Stamina 68

Strength 90

Long Shots 58

MENTALITY

Aggression 91

Interceptions 72

Positioning 34

Vision 58

Penalties 45

Are you chatting me up? At least take me out for a slap up meal before giving me wood.

Yeah' date=' I'm a Bender fan.

Wait... I mean...[/quote']

I keep him hoping we also sign his brother Sven as well.

It would never cease to amuse me to be able to say we have a pair of benders in midfield.

On the basis of that video I'm in. He looks like a red card one in every five games type. I look forward to seeing him go through the back of Van Persie with both feet and his head.

He's a winner. He's like Carragher (much more pace though!) in the way that he puts himself about, and he also has a streak of madness.

Quality wise he could very well be another Vidic.

I dont know, i think you might have a bias there.

Yeah, your probably right. I wont even recognise his 7 goals & 10 assists as i hate him that much. He has improved but to say he's been playing well? Is that how much our expectations have fallen? Compare him with the 20 year old Brazillian waif, making his debut in English football, thats what id class has as being good, that cunt is taking us all for a ride.

Don't know why people seem obsessed with pace for a centre back. It is probably the least important attribute and our best centre back the last 10 years in Hyypia had little.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Don't know why people seem obsessed with pace for a centre back. It is probably the least important attribute and our best centre back the last 10 years in Hyypia had little.

It's not the least important attribute when your back line is a distance from your midfield. In fact, it's quite important. If we want to push the back four up the pitch, we're going to need pace to cover. When you push the fullbacks on and ask the CB to cover, they need pace. All in all, it's fairly important. It's not the only attribute, but it is an important one.

It's not the least important attribute when your back line is a distance from your midfield. In fact, it's quite important. If we want to push the back four up the pitch, we're going to need pace to cover. When you push the fullbacks on and ask the CB to cover, they need pace. All in all, it's fairly important. It's not the only attribute, but it is an important one.

Yep. Pretty much nails it.

Do you really think Rodgers is going to have centre backs high up the pitch?

He didn't at Swansea, he hasn't this season. We don't play the offside trap and our centre backs are very deep.

Pace is a bonus at centre back and as I say the least important attribute. We need someone who is dominant in the air more than anything.

Would you not sign a young Hyypia clone this summer because he lacked pace?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Do you really think Rodgers is going to have centre backs high up the pitch?

He didn't at Swansea, he hasn't this season. We don't play the offside trap.

Who mentioned an offside trap? I mentioned closing the space between defence and midfield. I mentioned coving the fullbacks. I mentioned pushing the defence up the pitch and needing cover. I didn't mention the offside trap. But yeah, I think it's important that we have somebody with enough pace to support the midfield when it's needed, close the gap when it's needed, and recover his position when it's needed.

Pace is a bonus at centre back and as I say the least important attribute. We need someone who is dominant in the air more than anything.

We need somebody with both. Actually we need a number of people all over the pitch with those attributes. I totally reject this 'least important attribute' thing, though. It seems silly.

Would you not sign a young Hyypia clone this summer because he lacked pace?

This is a bizarre question. There is plenty of quality defenders with pace, going for somebody slow just because he might develop other skills to make him cope with the lack of pace seems a bit daft.

I'd be looking for somebody with height, strength, pace, good reading of the game, brave, and with a good mentality.

Who mentioned an offside trap? I mentioned closing the space between defence and midfield. I mentioned coving the fullbacks. I mentioned pushing the defence up the pitch and needing cover. I didn't mention the offside trap. But yeah, I think it's important that we have somebody with enough pace to support the midfield when it's needed, close the gap when it's needed, and recover his position when it's needed.

We need somebody with both. Actually we need a number of people all over the pitch with those attributes. I totally reject this 'least important attribute' thing, though. It seems silly.

This is a bizarre question. There is plenty of quality defenders with pace, going for somebody slow just because he might develop other skills to make him cope with the lack of pace seems a bit daft.

I'd be looking for somebody with height, strength, pace, good reading of the game, brave, and with a good mentality.

The offside is relevant because you said "If we want to push the back four up the pitch, we're going to need pace to cover." We don't push the centre backs up the pitch and I don't think it is likely we will given what we have seen from Rodgers.

You are looking for a complete centre back, we'd all love to have one of those, but they are rare and extremely expensive.

If we can get a centre back with all the attribute you say, I'd be delighted. However for me height, strength, good reading of the game, brave, and with a good mentality are all qualities more important for a centre back over pace. Pace is a bonus.

OK, well, I disagree. That was easy.

Fair enough. Which one attribute would you have as the least important for a centre back out of the ones you said?