You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

You see, problem with that point is, they dont need to know too much about it, since they have deep pockets or have been largely competent. OUr owners have neither been competent nor have deep pockets.

Their model is fine if they are prepared to sit and learn about the game and the club, day after day without getting bored. To compensate for their financial shortcomings they should be humbly learning not acting arrogant

I think they became bored a long time ago and any such notion that they were going down that road has long since dissipated.

So how exactly are they going to bridge the gap?

Sturridge and Coutinho? But theres no value in the January window John, we should sell these fast as their value will only depreciate.

Yeah- the sooner they get on with "humbly learning day after day without getting bored" the sooner we'll win the league and this will be a happy place.

If we could forward them this post I reckon John will just throw his hands in the air and wail "Ive been such a fool!"

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There is a carrier pigeon en route as we speak!

Just use the elaborate network of routers we all have on the roof of our houses.

Aparently Ilori is costing us £8m. If we've chosen him over Sakho, we're mental.

I started to suspect something wasnt right when we tried to get Martinezz as manager (Or as the yanks call it, the transfer commission in situ delegate principle head lead after match speech emitter. ) and HE TURNED US DOWN.

I think he then promptly had Wigan relegated so we nerver bothered him again.

Impossible job.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I started to suspect something wasnt right when we tried to get Martinezz as manager (Or as the yanks call it' date=' the transfer commission in situ delegate principle head lead after match speech emitter. ) and HE TURNED US DOWN.

I think he then promptly had Wigan relegated so we nerver bothered him again.

Impossible job.[/quote']

Babble babble. Of course he didn't turn us down. Turn us down, then take over Everton. You're a very silly boy.

Neither Jones or Wisdom are first team players.

We look to be replacing back up players with slightly better back up players. Not even sure that's really the case with Wisdom and Ilori. The first team team remains the same, not good enough.

Bringing in Alberto, and then loaning out Suso was another similarly pointless bit of business.

We should be improving the strength of our squad by signing first team players, therefore relegating marginal current first team players to squad players.

We've seen all this shit before, infact a lot of people predicted this would happen this window. Over promise, under deliver.

There aren't any players that we could attract that would improve us. Everyone else in the league has just bought rubbish players. There is no value this window. We don't want to overspend by three quid on a player. The same tedious, clueless, short termist, head in the sand, mongy excuses not only spunked out by John TS Henry Eliot, but now loads of our own fans as well.

I feel sorry for Rodgers. I think he's starting to realise just how much bullshit he's been fed.

I agree, the best way to improve is to target players who'll relegate current first team fringe players to the bench. The problem for us is that we had a wage bill that needed trimming and we were losing money.

I would've loved to see someone like Wanyama come in and challenge Lucas, but it's clear we're unwilling to have two player on high-ish wages for the same position. We seem to be betting on youth to reach the level of - and surpass - any underperformers rather than going for outright quality for an immediate boost.

As for Rodgers, i feel for him to some degree, but i can't help thinking a certain amount of his current position is of his own making. Publically nixing the DoF position was a ballsy move which impressed me, he clearly percieved it as a way to curtail his influence, but in doing so it looks like he's ended up with a worse alternative.

I'd imagine it's harder to get a committee to all agree on a target, and then hand negotiation over to Hogan/Ayre than if there was a seasoned football figure looking over his shoulder with whom he had to discuss things.

Aparently Ilori is costing us £8m. If we've chosen him over Sakho, we're mental.

£8m for a 20 year old doesnt mean he's automatically a bench warmer and shit like Coates. Nastasic was young and went on to be immense for City within half a season.

I'd love Sakho like, but I think there's some question marks there and also a club who don't really want to sell him, it's going to be tough to pull it off this week.

Bit kneejerk your comment.

Yeah- the sooner they get on with "humbly learning day after day without getting bored" the sooner we'll win the league and this will be a happy place.

If we could forward them this post I reckon John will just throw his hands in the air and wail "Ive been such a fool!"

Nar he wont though will he? He will probably just walk around a boston park with a cup of starbucks to sip and an ipad. Perhaps he will book a visit on it to Liverpool in a few months time, perhaps he wont or perhaps he's putting the finishing touches to his latest thrilling letter.

Some things man warnt mean to know.

Perhaps we could get his last letter and fold it into a left wing goal menace to power us into the champions league, or perhaps the ball will just flatten it into the mud and roll to Van Persie on the edge of our box with a half knackered Wisdom closing him down?

Wont even bother with the letter this year I reckon, probably just a sheet of toilet paper with the wordz 'soz lolz' smeared on in excrement.

Whose excrement I hear you ask?

Well that is yet to be confirmed, some say it will be a vintage Stallone stool but critics suspect it was scraped from the shoe of Lebron James, we all love a good stupid publicity stunt.

Wont that be a bit dry I hear you ask?

Well no we apparently stored samples from when they were here as its been long suspected we've been shit in the transfer market and they are as fresh as a daisy.

There are other candidates of course, it is thought however that the bragging rights to Stallone's excrement is too tempting as we can once again claim to have gotten one over on our blueshite brothers. Factor in the consistency of a stallone olly and we've got ourselves an ace implement with which to smear our letter of apology upon, wave your poo at goodison.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

£8m for a 20 year old doesnt mean he's automatically a bench warmer and shit like Coates. Nastasic was young and went on to be immense for City within half a season.

I'd love Sakho like' date=' but I think there's some question marks there and also a club who don't really want to sell him, it's going to be tough to pull it off this week.

Bit kneejerk your comment.[/quote']

There's nothing kneejark about it at all. If we've chosen one over the other, we've chosen the wrong one. Why? Sakho is vastly superior ans still young.

As for Ilori, he hardly played for his current side. Coming to this league as a starter? Come off it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The cost is completely different' date=' the wages of Ilori and sakho won't be even remotely close, it's not just about fee, it's the total cost of the deal.[/quote']

I didn't say it was the same. I'm saying we are mad if we've chosen him over Sakho.

Why make things up? You have no idea what went on.

Just shut it, dennis.

We do know what went on Martinez and Whelan made it pretty clear what happend. But let us never ever discuss that time, Brendan was the chosen one, we've watched him develop since he was born right up until now and he didnt land the job cos someone else turned it down. Soz touched a nerve there with some of the Rodgers worshippers. And the FSG worshippers. And people who like to belittle the blues, or Whelan.

Nar he wont though will he? He will probably just walk around a boston park with a cup of starbucks to sip and an ipad. Perhaps he will book a visit on it to Liverpool in a few months time, perhaps he wont or perhaps he's putting the finishing touches to his latest thrilling letter.

Some things man warnt mean to know.

Perhaps we could get his last letter and fold it into a left wing goal menace to power us into the champions league, or perhaps the ball will just flatten it into the mud and roll to Van Persie on the edge of our box with a half knackered Wisdom closing him down?

Wont even bother with the letter this year I reckon, probably just a sheet of toilet paper with the wordz 'soz lolz' smeared on in excrement.

Whose excrement I hear you ask?

Well that is yet to be confirmed, some say it will be a vintage Stallone stool but critics suspect it was scraped from the shoe of Lebron James, we all love a good stupid publicity stunt.

Wont that be a bit dry I hear you ask?

Well no we apparently stored samples from when they were here as its been long suspected we've been shit in the transfer market and they are as fresh as a daisy.

There are other candidates of course, it is thought however that the bragging rights to Stallone's excrement is too tempting as we can once again claim to have gotten one over on our blueshite brothers. Factor in the consistency of a stallone olly and we've got ourselves an ace implement with which to smear our letter of apology upon, wave your poo at goodison.

Yeah- but.....um-........I just dont know what to say in relation to the above.

I need a lye down

I understand the concerns fans have about signings but some seem to have forgotten that we spent £20m in January. I was always doubtful that we would net spend this window. What concerns me is that we might not net spend at the same time as losing Reina and Assaidi on loans. Surely we could take into account the transfer fees we'll likely get next year?

Why is everyone going crazy about Shay Given possibly signing? How many clubs have a top class back up? He's probably still better than Jones, who may want to leave for all we know? I really like what I've seen of Ilori, which I'll admit isn't much. The one rumour that bothers me is Lescott. Can't see why he'd be better than Skrtel. And what about wages?