You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I think it's understandable. We don't seem to waste any time signing these loan players and so on' date=' but as soon as there's real money involved it's all "Liverpool are poised to negotiate and the player is warm to the idea" but we never get anywhere. Why?[/quote']

I think it's more to do with the players and agents than us tbf. It's in their best (and the clubs') interest to start a bidding war if they are "hot property", as they'll have a better range of clubs to choose from as well as good cards when negotiating contracts. Less sought after players will probably jump at the chance to play for us, making the process a lot quicker.

Yarmelenko is shite and worth half the money he is being touted for, Sahko is valued at £13m by his club, who dont need to sell and we have bid £6m. While other clubs such as AC Milan lurk. Its OK however as the player seems willing to come to us, hold on this is beginning to sound familiar.

Thats probably why?

Surprised you say that. I haven't seen him enough, but a lot of people who have think very highly of him.

Neither Jones or Wisdom are first team players.

We look to be replacing back up players with slightly better back up players. Not even sure that's really the case with Wisdom and Ilori. The first team team remains the same, not good enough.

Bringing in Alberto, and then loaning out Suso was another similarly pointless bit of business.

We should be improving the strength of our squad by signing first team players, therefore relegating marginal current first team players to squad players.

We've seen all this shit before, infact a lot of people predicted this would happen this window. Over promise, under deliver.

There aren't any players that we could attract that would improve us. Everyone else in the league has just bought rubbish players. There is no value this window. We don't want to overspend by three quid on a player. The same tedious, clueless, short termist, head in the sand, mongy excuses not only spunked out by John TS Henry Eliot, but now loads of our own fans as well.

I feel sorry for Rodgers. I think he's starting to realise just how much bullshit he's been fed.