You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

agreed but there is no point in being hysterical bitches when anything can happen between now and the deadline

Mate it's been the same all summer, we've been in for players (supposedly) and they haven't delivered them for whatever reasons, it's no surprise this close to the window closing and we are trying to push through 4 deals (god only knows why this late) that people are hysterical

You've never seen either of them play. Be quiet.

Yes, yes I have seen Yarmelenko play.

The 2nd, this Sakho one I didnt even pass comment on his ability or suitability so not quite sure its relevant. I mentioned that we wont be able to get him, not sure why I need to see him play to determin that.

Since we wont be signing either none of it is relevant.

I have enjoyed you wanking over this player and that all summer I'd get as many wanks in as you can before the window closes, as theres gonna be a lot of contemplating to be doing with your limp cock in your hand when it does.

Then perhaps we can revisit some of your bolder statements about FSG when the window opened and see if anything is amiss, not long left now, hope you are covered for lube.

Mate it's been the same all summer, we've been in for players (supposedly) and they haven't delivered them for whatever reasons, it's no surprise this close to the window closing and we are trying to push through 4 deals (god only knows why this late) that people are hysterical

That's true but I don't understand why most of these histrionics started when it was reported Shay Given was set for a medical. I think people are just completely jumping the gun and assuming he'll be our only signing. "Good god we're so shit we've been linked to all these players and all we've got to show for it is Shay Given".

even if he has, nothing to stop Chelsea signing him!

they could probably do with an attacking midfielder too

I think Lamela is more of a striker/2nd striker. Which would be funny, because that's what Chelsea needs. Either way, if they tried to nick Lamela to wind up Spurs, it would make more sense than Willian.

That's true but I don't understand why most of these histrionics started when it was reported Shay Given was set for a medical. I think people are just completely jumping the gun and assuming he'll be our only signing. "Good god we're so shit we've been linked to all these players and all we've got to show for it is Shay Given".

I think it's understandable. We don't seem to waste any time signing these loan players and so on, but as soon as there's real money involved it's all "Liverpool are poised to negotiate and the player is warm to the idea" but we never get anywhere. Why?

I can understand people being concerned as it stands but we could pull anything out of the hat in the next couple of days, if the deadline passes and its deemed a shit window, fair enough moan all you like, I know I was a year ago

I'm taking comfort in the fact that despite spending fuck all we have improved so who knows what'll happen if we actually do spend something?!

Anyway put yourself in the shoes of an Arsenal fan, they thought they were getting Suarez and instead are keeping Bendtner!

Thought we were done with the squad. Shay given and illori more squad fodder. Value for money my arse how to spend millions and not improve one bit by FSG. They're fucking genius. Why leave it until the last fucking minute when they themselves stated the importance of getting it down early.

Seems to me we have chased Ilori the entire summer and it's only now we have agreed a deal. Given for Jones makes sense to me. So im not sure why people are throwing a fit over this?

It will most certainly be disappointing if we dont sign one or two more players intended to go straight into the first 11, but the window is open still and it's not until now clubs are really forced to show their hands.

The need for a defender or two is pretty obvious and have no doubt we'll strengthen in that area. The problem is the winger/forward we're looking for. The Moses talk seems to have died down with us being linked more and more with the Ukranian Yarmolenko, whatever. But Milan are our new Spurs there. If we can out- bid them as well as offer the player a more lucrative package, we might beat the Italians. This is where Rodgers has got to show Fsg his mettle if they keep dithering us out of the running again. I'm starting to lose trust in these owners. We've got an opening to compete in a long while and they've got to support the manager.

I think it's understandable. We don't seem to waste any time signing these loan players and so on, but as soon as there's real money involved it's all "Liverpool are poised to negotiate and the player is warm to the idea" but we never get anywhere. Why?

Maybe because there's the issue of competition from other clubs, wage demands, haggling, agents trying to get the price up etc.

There isn't massive interest in Shay Given, that's why it's getting done so quick.

Maybe because there's the issue of competition from other clubs, wage demands, haggling, agents trying to get the price up etc.

There isn't massive interest in Shay Given, that's why it's getting done so quick.

It all seems a bit too convenient. Other clubs have signed players despite these hurdles.

Hi fellas,

Long time lurker but posting for the first time, be gentle.

I've had a bad feeling about these guys for a while now. Everything to me points to the near horizon and a sale of the club and a quick profit. I think these guys have got in and realised there's too much to do and that the FFP is a farce and they cant compete.

You look at the way the club has been run in the last year or so, all the streamlining of the squad, the wage cutting, the lack of transfer spend and more recently coming at the close of the window, turning to more loans rather than buys and it says to me these guys are ready to pull the plug at some point in the next year and a half.

There's been no movement on stadium really, and the option they've taken would buy them the time they needed to make a sale.

Then you look at their recruitment policy. There's lack of leadership at the club, there's no DOF, there's no CEO, there's no one with the nous to run this club, and you ask yourself why? If these guys are smart where's the common sense from a football perspective? As we all know success makes you money in this sport, standing still doesn't.

You look at Rodgers, and to be fair i think the guy has come in and done fantastically with the hand that's been dealt, but even then you ask yourself why him last summer? And the answers clear, he fits in with what FSG are doing, he wont complain at lack of funds, he'll make do with his big opportunity, he'll manage his minor resources well and he'll target youth which is a cheap alternative to buying quality.

A top tier manager just simply wouldn't put up with it. You look at this summer and could you imagine Pellegrini, rafa or anyone else sitting quiet during these last few months whilst we've done nothing but dawdle?

These people are clever from the point of view that they feel they can extract maximum revenue and make a profit on name and brand alone without needing top 4.

Ive got a horrible feeling they may sell Suarez too at the last minute, but that might be born out of fear, we've been burnt so many times in the past.

All i want is a well run club, owners with a passion for taking us places and giving us enough funds to build and compete. I don't see any of this. All i see is owners who are distant and who have become more distant as time as passed, owners that get accused by both sox fans and us as not caring for their respective clubs whilst seemingly sitting on their hands.

To me they are a milder, more savvy Hicks & Gillete operating smoothly to extract as much as they can from the club.

Interesting post mate.

BarryWom and perhaps one or two others have been saying this sort of thing too. They look at the situation and conclude the owners are getting the house in order to make us ready for a sale.

Streamlining a business is not just a good thing to do when you are looking to sell. It's just an effective way to run a business. I think we obviously need two or three first team signings - so Sakho and Yarmolenko, or even Moses - to have made this a good summer. I think if we clinch those deals our squad will look far stronger than 12 or 24 months ago.

Those people questioning why we are leaving it so late - look at most other clubs, they still have a lot of remaining business to do because all the clubs play brinkmanship with each other on price.

Streamlining a business is not just a good thing to do when you are looking to sell. It's just an effective way to run a business. I think we obviously need two or three first team signings - so Sakho and Yarmolenko, or even Moses - to have made this a good summer. I think if we clinch those deals our squad will look far stronger than 12 or 24 months ago.

Those people questioning why we are leaving it so late - look at most other clubs, they still have a lot of remaining business to do because all the clubs play brinkmanship with each other on price.

looking at the top end of the table from recent years

City- have strengthened really well to an already very good squad, still could do with better depth in defence

Chelsea- strengthened but all seems to be in same positions, Eto'o might finally give them a striker to compliment rest of the side

Man U- fuck all

Arsenal- fuck all

Spurs- signed some good on paper attacking players but selling the man who carried them last year, also sold a lot of their strength in depth and have glaring weaknesses at the back

Liverpool- improved our squad without doubt, first XI improved with Mignolet for Reina imo but outfield pretty much the same as last year

Everton- signed a bunch of Wigan players

not really been an inspiring window for anyone imo