You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I just hate all the negativity this forum has drowned in

IMO we had a very successful summer, Toure and mignolet were two shrewd pieces of business, and yes reina was shit, goalkeeping was not a secondary concern, it was a primary concern. We've got Aspas who looks very good and alberto who is obviously a player for the near future.

We had a major signing which is keeping luis suarez who could've easily gone anywhere. Keeping him was not an easy task and he will not be here if it was not for the strong and firm position the management took.

We have won almost every game in the preseason, 6 out of 6 pts. in the league, won first round in cup and we r playing the best football I've seen in ages

So I fucking wonder where all this negativity comes from?

It was a good summer and if we signed one or two more players it will be an excellent summer.

There was a "positive" summer transfer thread around but I cannot find it anymore, I guess negativity rules these days

Do you have to be a fully paid up member to neg??

It's not 'negativity' it's reality.

It sure as hell is negativity.

We have won our opening two games and progressed in the cup. That is the bottom line, the transfer window is still open. Fair enough if we end the window on this note, with no more signings. Then yeah things are looking bleak, but fucking hell we should at least wait and see what happens before all this doom mongering.

Negativity rules because the fucking owners (who still know fuck all about football - after 3 years) have failed to improve a first team which was only good enough to finish 7th last season.

I doubt any of the owners in league positions above us know that much more about football than FSG. Abramovich? Sheikh Mansour? Kroenke? The Glazers? These people know about football?

They're either obscenely rich clowns who treat their clubs as toys or astute enough to put competent people in charge and bankroll them enough to accomplish something. FSG out Kenny and Comolli in that position, listened to their judgment, and lost a lot of money.

Now they're exercising closer control. Rodgers has been hit and miss - 25 million on Allen and Borini is not inspiring. I think FSG are trying to objectify transfers as much as possible, now knowing that the sabremetrics approach is not really applicable to football.

Negativity rules because the fucking owners (who still know fuck all about football - after 3 years) have failed to improve a first team which was only good enough to finish 7th last season.

I doubt any of the owners in league positions above us know that much more about football than FSG. Abramovich? Sheikh Mansour? Kroenke? The Glazers? These people know about football?

They're either obscenely rich clowns who treat their clubs as toys or astute enough to put competent people in charge and bankroll them enough to accomplish something. FSG out Kenny and Comolli in that position, listened to their judgment, and lost a lot of money.

Now they're exercising closer control. Rodgers has been hit and miss - 25 million on Allen and Borini is not inspiring. I think FSG are trying to objectify transfers as much as possible, now knowing that the sabremetrics approach is not really applicable to football.

I just hate all the negativity this forum has drowned in

IMO we had a very successful summer, Toure and mignolet were two shrewd pieces of business, and yes reina was shit, goalkeeping was not a secondary concern, it was a primary concern. We've got Aspas who looks very good and alberto who is obviously a player for the near future.

We had a major signing which is keeping luis suarez who could've easily gone anywhere. Keeping him was not an easy task and he will not be here if it was not for the strong and firm position the management took.

We have won almost every game in the preseason, 6 out of 6 pts. in the league, won first round in cup and we r playing the best football I've seen in ages

So I fucking wonder where all this negativity comes from?

It was a good summer and if we signed one or two more players it will be an excellent summer.

There was a "positive" summer transfer thread around but I cannot find it anymore, I guess negativity rules these days

Dont let them grind you down mate. Theres some career moaners on here, I imagine most them have this going on the laptop while watching their Jeremy Kyle boxsets.

They're mentioning Kaka as the latest rumour to Liverpool on the guardian site. That's Kaka the footballer, not Kaka the name for poo.

Transfer news latest (Bale, Fellaini, Baines) – live! | Football | theguardian.com

I think Kakas' weekly wages are about what FSG would pay as a transfer fee.

No chance

You look at the list of 100 players who shook the Kop, it's comedy. On the list of the 100 best players we've had, we've got the likes of...

34. Luis Garcia

36. Lucas

43. Riise

51. Glen Johnson

55. Berger

58. Smicer

59. Skrtel

61. Cisse

72. Baros

73. Crouch

79. Maxi

Of ALL TIME. Don't forget that, of ALL TIME.

Just not good enough, just smacks of stupid people making stupid decisions at critical times.

Most of the voters for this are 15 year olds or wombats who just don't know of any players who played more than a few years ago. Some right shite in that list.

Given feels like better back up than Jones in all honesty.

Ilori is probably for the future. Sakho and a good attacking midfielder and we are in a much better position. Im hoping we can do better than Yarmolenko though, not that i've seen an awful lot of him, but there really should be better options available.

I'm just reminded of Arsenal more as the window draws to a close, apart from the fact that we can't get the top 4 place like they can.

We clearly have the foundation of younger players that if added to properly, could make the squad one of the best few in the league. But Arsenal have a manager who seems clueless about this while they have loads of cash, and we have a manager who seems to understand this well and tries, but we don't have the cash. (because the owners keep blocking what Rodgers wants to do.) There's the chance Wenger has the same issue but he protects the Arsenal board and takes the flak instead, wouldn't be so surprised if true. Maybe that's why he looks so sick of things a lot of the time?

We could've looked good for top 4 by now, but the owners have stopped that up to this point. Any talk about them expecting it will just prove how deluded they are. If they sack Rodgers at the end of the season because we don't get that position and they still haven't backed him enough, they can truly fuck off.

We can still turn things around but you'd have to guess we should be starting to do that within the next 36 hours or so, before making the final signing(s) as the window is about to close. At least we signed several at the start so it's not an absolute failure like it could've been. When you add injuries though and the players we've moved on, maybe it still more or less is.

Edited by Red Phoenix

You see, problem with that point is, they dont need to know too much about it, since they have deep pockets or have been largely competent. OUr owners have neither been competent nor have deep pockets.

Their model is fine if they are prepared to sit and learn about the game and the club, day after day without getting bored. To compensate for their financial shortcomings they should be humbly learning not acting arrogant

I think they became bored a long time ago and any such notion that they were going down that road has long since dissipated.

So how exactly are they going to bridge the gap?

Sturridge and Coutinho? But theres no value in the January window John, we should sell these fast as their value will only depreciate.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Why the fuck are people moaning? We're signing a much better keeper than Brad Jones and a promising young centre back. We're also supposed to be going after Sakho and Yarmolenko. In my eyes that's pretty good and it's a damn sight better than getting no-one.

If we get the former pair and nit the latter, we've not done enough.

Yarmelenko is shite and worth half the money he is being touted for, Sahko is valued at £13m by his club, who dont need to sell and we have bid £6m. While other clubs such as AC Milan lurk. Its OK however as the player seems willing to come to us, hold on this is beginning to sound familiar.

Thats probably why?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yarmelenko is shite and worth half the money he is being touted for' date=' Sahko is valued at £13m by his club, who dont need to sell and we have bid £6m. While other clubs such as AC Milan lurk. Its OK however as the player seems willing to come to us, hold on this is beginning to sound familiar.

Thats probably why?[/quote']

You've never seen either of them play. Be quiet.

Why the fuck are people moaning? We're signing a much better keeper than Brad Jones and a promising young centre back. We're also supposed to be going after Sakho and Yarmolenko. In my eyes that's pretty good and it's a damn sight better than getting no-one.

Has a single one of those signed? Thought not, that's why people are still unhappy. If we are prioritising any of those 4 deals you mentioned it should be the latter