You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

How will people feel if we sign Sakho, Ilori, Yarmolenko and Moses (on loan)? I'd be pretty happy with that.

happy with Sakho, encouraged on Ilori and Yarmolenko from what I've heard but not seen (not seen Ilori at all, Yarmolenko seen a few times but not particularly watched out for him or anything and nothing stands out in memory), Moses depends on if Yarmolenko comes in and does the business, if so I'd be happy with Moses as an extra option

I dont think Yarmolenko is the match winner we have after all summer but apart from that it does show ambition.

Yeah, I think Konoplyanka looks better than Yarmolenko but I guess either he's not a viable option or "the committee" don't rate him as highly.

I don't really see the point in signing Moses if we do get Yarmolenko. Moses isn't going to get in the team ahead of Suarez and he is hardly much better than Aspas or Sterling.

Someone who I think would be an excellent signing and maybe we could get is kaboul.Pace,power,height and is good on the ball.Hes playing right now for spurs but with the amount of CBS they have I think they'd be open to selling one.

He could also cover the dm position and for me is one of most underrated players in prem, he had dodgy decision making when he came to prem but seems to have matured and got better in that area.

Someone who I think would be an excellent signing and maybe we could get is kaboul.Pace,power,height and is good on the ball.Hes playing right now for spurs but with the amount of CBS they have I think they'd be open to selling one.

He could also cover the dm position and for me is one of most underrated players in prem, he had dodgy decision making when he came to prem but seems to have matured and got better in that area.

It's not going to happen. He is going to first choice for them as he was before he got injured

I think with Toure, Agger, Sakho, Ilori and Kelly we will be covered at centre half. I'm assuming that Skrtel will be sold to Napoli and Wisdom loaned to Wigan.

On balance I think I'd rather give Sterling and Ibe a chance than sign Moses. The latter is a bit better than those two at the moment but they are only going to be 3rd or 4th choice anyway. If we have Yarmolenko, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez, Aspas, Borini, Sterling and Ibe as options for the front three positions we will be fine.

The owners speak:

roger bennett ‏@rogbennett 13m

Tom Werner on transfer window “We haven’t shut the window. We will all know more shortly,” points to iPhone, "I’m waiting for this to ring”

roger bennett ‏@rogbennett 13m

My Liverpool piece will run tomorrow. Includes this from John Henry: “We believe we will fight for a Champions League spot this year"

https://twitter.com/rogbennett