You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Eto scored 2 from 29 chances. In Russia. Against Russian teams. Not entirely arsed. Sooner they had Eto than Soldado or Benzema.

Tottenham have lost 40 goals from their first team.

Dempsey got 7 for them, Bale got 21 for them and Defoe who won't start now got 11.

Be interesting to see if Chadli, Eriksen and Soldado get that many. The only really big upgrades that I can see they've made is Lamela is better than Lennon (3 goals) and Paulinho is better than Sigurdsson (3 goals)

They don't have a player better than Suarez

Edited by CWD82

Eto'o is quality but have 2 years at anzhi taken the fire out of him and he has won everything he didn't look arsed when we played Anzhi. If he can recapture the hunger then it is a quality signing he took a huge pay-cut to go there so it seems he means business.

As for Spurs I recall people saying we would finish ahead of them last summer when they sold Modric and van der Vaart and that worked out well. I think they have a good mix with their signings and it just depends what the demands of the Europa cup is on their season but I can see them getting 80 points.

Edited by TheHitman

Eto'o is quality but have 2 years at anzhi taken the fire out of him and he has won everything he didn't look arsed when we played Anzhi. If he can recapture the hunger then it is a quality signing he took a huge pay-cut to go there so it seems he means business.

As for Spurs I recall people saying we would finish ahead of them last summer when they sold Modric and van der Vaart and that worked out well. I think they have a good mix with their signings and it just depends what the demands of the Europa cup is on their season but I can see them getting 80 points.

80 points? Not a chance.

They'll do well to match what they got last season which was 72. People seem to be forgetting that they've sold the best player in the league.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Further than that someone on the MF has mentioned that a deal between Liverpool and PSG exists and that the hold up is getting Sakho to agree to sign a new contract with PSG as he has 12 months left.

*scratches head*

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Ooh, right. That makes more sense. I couldn't quite work out what was going on there. Yeah, a loan deal wouldn't make any sort of sense at all. There are two options, 1) He signs a new contract, we loan him, and then pay loads of money for the transfer in 12 months. 2) Sign him now for the cheapest fee we're going to get.

*scratches head*

I think PSG has mishandled this one. It now has a player who will leave for zilch next season unless he can be persuaded to sign an extension with a clause to let him go on loan. Or he leaves permanently for a ridiculously low fee this term.