You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

am I right in thinking Alderweireld can play defensive midfield as well as centre back and full back? If so I think there would be fair merit in making him our top defensive target

Its a bit late in the day to be making "targets"

We should be be talking medicals and press conferences by now.

Spurs are going to be making life hard for Chelsea, United and City let alone us and Arsenal.

We cant grumble, its not like we didnt have our chance- the Hicks and Gillet reign did hamper things, but its the money we spent from the point of Torres sale to now- one or two gems but a collasal amount of very very expensive mid table players.

Oscar Cardoza available?

Why not? He is ten times the player the whole Ukrainian squad is.

Meanwhile........BBC Sport - Vlad Chiriches: Tottenham to sign Steaua Bucharest defender

Just keep repeating to yourselves 'They're only spending the Bale money, they're only spending the bale money, bale won many matches on his own last season, bale won many matches on his own last season'....etc

Its a bit late in the day to be making "targets"

We should be be talking medicals and press conferences by now.

Spurs are going to be making life hard for Chelsea' date=' United and City let alone us and Arsenal.

[/quote']

The same spurs who have also recently been "making targets".

Oscar Cardoza available?

Why not? He is ten times the player the whole Ukrainian squad is.

Meanwhile........BBC Sport - Vlad Chiriches: Tottenham to sign Steaua Bucharest defender

Just keep repeating to yourselves 'They're only spending the Bale money' date=' they're only spending the bale money, bale won many matches on his own last season, bale won many matches on his own last season'....etc[/quote']

I thought accepted law on here was it's not who you sign but what the net spend is.

The same spurs who have also recently been "making targets".

I would consider the point at which you "target" a player as the very beggining, a suggestion, an idea, a possiblilty to discuss around the board table.

Spurs arent making "targets" The are "signing" players

Chelsea signing Etoo is a massive signing. That's their Van Persie sorted, he's still a machine and will rattle them in for fun.

But who else could have signed him? He's on about a quarter of a million per week I bet.

I dont think it;s even realistic to try to compete with Chelsea anymore, or City. It's just like watching your fellow competitor take steroids and nobody cares theyre doing it. You either join them or you get comfortable with the fact that they're on another planet and are allowed to do so.

I wish the fabled European League would happen so that we can get shot of City and Chelsea, and Spain can get shot of Barca and Real, let them play football on space stations or beneath the ocean, whatever it is they plan to do with the incredible wealth they have access to.

Di Marzio is very reliable. Sakho it is then. Im very happy with that.

Now get someone for left wing and its been OK

Actually, it could turn out to be a pretty good summer overall if that happened.

Depending on the attacking signing, of course, but even if it's someone who isn't a world-beater (Yarmolenko, say) hanging onto Suarez was the big coup. Combine that with Toure, Mignolet, and the Spaniards up front for depth and if you add another good CB I would put it down as a decent transfer window.

I would consider the point at which you "target" a player as the very beggining' date=' a suggestion, an idea, a possiblilty to discuss around the board table.

Spurs arent making "targets" The are "signing" players[/quote']

How long have they been 'signing' erikkson or Lamela?

Can't believe that Marca went with the Torres/Suarez story, but also revealed where they'd found the info at the start of their article : the transfer rumours section of the Sports Direct site! Madness. Mike Ashley will probably have a laugh to himself if he finds that out.

How long have they been 'signing' erikkson or Lamela?

Would you merely class the two of them "targets" for Spurs. I believe Roma have announced the Lamela deal on their website and De'boer has been briefing the media at his dissapointment in losing Erikkson today. Based on the that I wouldnt refer to them as players that Spurs are "targeting". They are way beyond that stage.

In the same way we "targeted" Costa

Chelsea signing Etoo is a massive signing.

Indeed

That's their Van Persie sorted,.

Eto'o is better than Van Persie.

I thought accepted law on here was it's not who you sign but what the net spend is.
Yes and so far we are making a profit of £5m from transfers.

Suprs have spent £69m so far this season, without considering Lamela or Eriksen.

Tottenham Hotspur - Player changes, player transfers 2013/2014 - transfermarkt.co.uk

As for Bale, the money they will get is 86m euros not pounds.

Would you merely class the two of them "targets" for Spurs. I believe Roma have announced the Lamela deal on their website and De'boer has been briefing the media at his dissapointment in losing Erikkson today. Based on the that I wouldnt refer to them as players that Spurs are "targeting". They are way beyond that stage.

In the same way we "targeted" Costa

I would class them as targets as little as last week, arguably early this. Of course if you wanted to be really picky until they've actually signed it would be unwise to consider them signings full stop, as Spurs know only too well.