You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

When we signed Berger it was a choice between him and Poborsky.

Poborsky had a great Euros in 96. but we bought the better player in Berger.

We approached both players but Poborsky wanted to go to United instead and that left us with Berger.

Poborsky never really got a chance with United and his game time was limited with them. Beckham was just hitting the start of his form which eventually lead him to Madrid.

I loved Berger who had one of the sweetest left foots I have seen.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We're signing 9 CBs before Monday

Great news, that is. Apparently that fella is reliable. He's 6ft 2, strong as two oxen, played almost 200 times for PSG, 14 international for France. Given he's 23, that'll be a great move. Might take a minute to settle, but has the attributes.

Very much a Sturridge signing in a way.

Great news, that is. Apparently that fella is reliable. He's 6ft 2, strong as two oxen, played almost 200 times for PSG, 14 international for France. Given he's 23, that'll be a great move. Might take a minute to settle, but has the attributes.

A lot of experience for his age, that's for sure.

The big question would be could he play with Agger but apparently despite being left footed he also played right sided centre back for PSG when he was partnered with Armand who is also a left footer a few years ago, I have however read one person say he was very good there and another say he was shite so who knows

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'm not for one second worried that Sakho can't play as the right sided centre half. He'll be just fine. Not that I think we'll sign him or anyone.

Sakho and Toure as centerbacks. Just saying.

From what little I've seen of Sakho he looks very comfortable on the ball as well. He would increase our physical presence and is a footballer too.

IF we get him though, that is one major concern addressed. Ben Smith seems to think we're going to have a busy few days. I disagree. I think we're going to do nothing. I hope I am extremely wrong.

I would just hope its a case of us not putting all our eggs in one basket so we've got a few deals in the pipeline.

I'd rather just one CB though and a top attacking talent.

one centre back and two attacking players (one who would go straight into the team and another as a good option) would be my ideal scenario

Gourcuff! That's a blast from the recent past. He was being touted as the new Zidane a while back. How has he fared since Milan? Has he been playing for France?

Had some awful injuries, but maybe there's more to it, maybe didnt take the recovery serious enough.

Honestly, look at his youtube stuff, he was Zidane incarnate for a while. I did notice that he's back playing now though.

Clement Grenier is the new kid on the block though, but the problem with the French talents now is that Monaco and PSG are in like a shot with million pound notes and gold plated plates.