You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Eriksen, I like him and think he'd probably improve us but the endless papping on about him over all others is bizarre.

Ajax in europe: 30 appearances 3 goals

Denmark: 36 appearances 4 goals

According to opta he created 138 chances in the Eredivisie last season more than any player in the top 5 European leagues. He may turn out shit or may go the same way as Cou. At £9million it was a risk worth taking and supposedly The FSG Way according to many on here.

Shaktar and Atletico denied that we made bids. We were miles off with Willian, assuming we made a bid. Hopeless bids aren't much better than no bids...

There was so much bullshit flying around all three that i think any chance to find the truth is well and truly lost. I no more believe Shakhtar or Atletico than i do us when we say we haven't received a bid for Suarez. There are routes open that are explored before a bid is formalised, and i tend to think we were just ridiculously naive on all counts.

You're right about hopeless bids though, which is why i don't think bidding will calm anyone. We've left it late and we've indicated we're going to be strict on demanding value - that combination rarely succeeds.

Strange how Costa signed a new deal, isn't it? It's almost like 'official bids' only go in after a fee has been agreed or after they've given informal indications. This whole 'no bids' thing is only to make it look like we weren't really interested or prepared to buy the players. Which seems nonsense to me.

"Interested in", "prepared to buy"; "readying a bid", "poised to buy"... None of this amounts to money on the fucking table, which is what it takes to have any real chance of buying a player.

Strange how Costa signed a new deal, isn't it? It's almost like 'official bids' only go in after a fee has been agreed or after they've given informal indications. This whole 'no bids' thing is only to make it look like we weren't really interested or prepared to buy the players. Which seems nonsense to me.

Atletico said he had not bid for Costa so I doubt they were trying to save our embarrassment. In regard to Willian we talked to the player yet never bid or agreed anything with Anji apparently. The whole we weren't allowed to speak to Miki despite sticking a bid in didn't make sense either. As others have suggested sounds like Ayre the cunt or whomever is just briefing the press keeping the fans placated.

There was so much bullshit flying around all three that i think any chance to find the truth is well and truly lost. I no more believe Shakhtar or Atletico than i do us when we say we haven't received a bid for Suarez. There are routes open that are explored before a bid is formalised' date=' and i tend to think we were just ridiculously naive on all counts.[/quote']

We didn't deny receiving bids for Suarez.

"Interested in"' date=' "prepared to buy"; "readying a bid", "poised to buy"... None of this amounts to money on the fucking table, which is what it takes to have any real chance of buying a player.[/quote']

None of it is money on the table until the very last minute though. It's all, largely, discussions and what if we offered this on these terms.

Tor-Kristian Karlsen ‏@karlsentk 12m

Find it hard to believe Liverpool have bid for Yarmolenko. Was heavily touted around earlier in the summer, Dinamo clearly wants to sell. I know several Premier League (even mid-table ones) and continental sides (French, German and Italian) who said "thanks, but no thanks"

hmmm...

No idea who the tweeter is, mind.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Athletico said he had not bid for Costa so I doubt they were trying to save our embarrassment. In regard to Willian we talked to the player yet never bid or agreed anything with Anji apparently.

It just seems strange to me that we're reported - out of nowhere - to have put a bid in and then, totally out of the blue, he signs an extension to his contract for more money and higher buyout fee.

Doesn't really matter. Looks like we're in for Yarmolenko. I'm personally very skeptical of the player. I hope he's good.

According to opta he created 138 chances in the Eredivisie last season more than any player in the top 5 European leagues. He may turn out shit or may go the same way as Cou. At £9million it was a risk worth taking and supposedly The FSG Way according to many on here.

Maybe that's a good stat maybe it isn't, Afonso Alves sure scored a lot of goals there. Does the player want to come here would be the first question I'd ask.

It just seems strange to me that we're reported - out of nowhere - to have put a bid in and then, totally out of the blue, he signs an extension to his contract for more money and higher buyout fee.

Doesn't really matter. Looks like we're in for Yarmolenko. I'm personally very skeptical of the player. I hope he's good.

It doesn't matter at this point. We need quality players one way or the other.

As for Yarmolenko, I like the little I've seen. And his goalscoring record (1 in 3 for club and country) is impressive. Far more impressive than Konoplianka's (about 1 in 5), for example.

hmmm...

He's a well respected European scout. Doesn't do exclusives just offers his opinion on players he's heard clubs have bid for. This summer he's talked about how good Willian and Mickyh were and how particularly Micky had been at or near the top of many clubs lists for a couple of years but none had gone for him.

TwitterTor-Kristian Karlsen @karlsentk

Finally on Yarmolenko: seems odd that Liverpool would sign players from Ukraine, hardly a "value market" - rather the absolute contrary

Especially since Liverpool have recently done well in identifying "undervalued" players in the market (Sturridge, Coutinho, Aspas)

Maybe that's a good stat maybe it isn't, Afonso Alves sure scored a lot of goals there. Does the player want to come here would be the first question I'd ask.

He said he would in the past plus we have Agger here. It's just a case of us not wanting him.

hmmm...

As I said not worth the money being talked about. Desperation buy springs to mind if we pay the money mentioned.

Guillem mentioned the other day that Galatasary are looking at resigning Turan.

I would honestly much rather we didn't spunk this money up the wall on a desperation buy and hold it back till Jan or in my fantasy world sign the cream of young players out there to build a team for 2-3 years time - in the UK players like Shaw, Hughes and Barkley and in Europe players like Victor Fischer and Muniain (haven't seen them much in the last year though - they're just examples).