You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That Gianluca Di Marzio fella, Sky Italia, saying we've bid £23m for Yarmolenko.

Hopefully he just misspelled Konoplyanka.

I love Eriksen, and I do worry about what happens if Coutinho gets injured. However, would Eriksen be happy to play second fiddle to Coutinho, or vice versa? Be very happy to keep them two happy in their preferred central position. We do need wide options to allow Coutinho inside, and I get the feeling that Rodgers sees Allen as a potential 'hole' player if Coutinho is out. Maybe we also think that Suso is developing well and we'll have him back as cover in January?

Mind you, maybe we're just shit. Maybe our scouting team sit in a garden shed playing darts and then they see Rodgers coming and they turn the dartboard around so it becomes a notice board with some blag spreadsheet on it from Champ Manager 08, and they put the grummer mags in a draw and get out some copies of 442 and then they turn the telly from Babestation to Eurosport, and one of them pretends he;s on the phone to a scout in Holland.

"all ok lads"

"Yes Brendan, it's all coming together"

(wink, tee hee hee!)

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I said we should go after Yarmolenko at the start of the window however no way is he worth that kind of money.

He since confirmed it's 23m Euros, not pounds. So around 19m.

Depends if you think we never put any bids forward for Mkhitaryan' date=' Costa or Willian.

At this late stage, i'd say opinions are already pretty well entrenched either way.[/quote']

We didn't put bids in for Costa or Willian. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't for Mkhitaryan as well. We did speak to Willian though.

We didn't put bids in for Costa or Willian. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't for Mkhitaryan as well. We did speak to Willian though.

That's your view, and i respect it, but some tend to believe otherwise.

As i said, at this point opinions are pretty much entrenched. Leaks, targets, bids and updates won't calm anyone; signings are all that count now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Strange how Costa signed a new deal, isn't it? It's almost like 'official bids' only go in after a fee has been agreed or after they've given informal indications. This whole 'no bids' thing is only to make it look like we weren't really interested or prepared to buy the players. Which seems nonsense to me.

Depends if you think we never put any bids forward for Mkhitaryan' date=' Costa or Willian.

At this late stage, i'd say opinions are already pretty well entrenched either way.[/quote']

Shaktar and Atletico denied that we made bids. We were miles off with Willian, assuming we made a bid. Hopeless bids aren't much better than no bids...