You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You've had a beat or two on the Arda drum' date=' is he worth £25m or so?[/quote']

That's a tough question. I find it hard to ever say yrs to that question. If we're basing the value on Coutinho and Sturridge, probably not. If we are judging it on Downing, then absolutely.

The truth, as I see it, is that we missed the boat. We needed to buy him instead of Downing. We could have had him for 12m. I wanted either Mata, if we could have had him, or Turan if we couldn't.

I'd now move on to somebody like Konoplyanka. I've only watched two full matches with him, that I downloaded just to see him, and five or six 'every touch' compilations, but he looks properly ready to explode.

That said, if there's a choice between getting Turan for 25m (or fifty for that matter) or nobody, I'd get the owners to pay the fuck up. I guess that'd my way of saying no, not for 25m, but we are getting desperate.

Sorry about this, but there's no point in statring a new thread.

The other day, someone posted an utterly Ronaldo-esque pic of Bale in stupid pink shorts. Can't find it anywhere. Anyone have it handy, or know where it is*?

* - Will not be used in any sexual way.

P.S. Lukaku + Mata = Suarez please.

Pete O'Rourke þ@SkySportsPeteO 12m

Reports in Portugal claiming Liverpool are closing in on signing Sporting Lisbon defender Tiago Llori. #LFC

This is like Groundhog Day.

I'll see a tweet saying that Joe Fagan is looking at 17 year old Ruud Gullit and we're poised to make a bid of £120,000.

Sorry about this, but there's no point in statring a new thread.

The other day, someone posted an utterly Ronaldo-esque pic of Bale in stupid pink shorts. Can't find it anywhere. Anyone have it handy, or know where it is*?

* - Will not be used in any sexual way.

P.S. Lukaku + Mata = Suarez please.

You tried the internet?

If we're after a centre back from Sporting, Eric Dier sounds like the better player to me. Younger and played more first team games.

Telegraph saying Spurs have agreed a 9 million pound fee for Eriksen.

Fuck me. I hope thats bollox

Rodgers might not rate him or whatever I don't know. But if he was available for that much surely it'd be worth a punt.

I'm fucking shocked at how this window is panning out.

I wonder why no other top clubs are in for him at that price if he's that good?

Either way it seems like he'd be happier on their bench than staying at Ajax at for another year. I wonder if this frees up Holtby to go to Everton on loan or something because I struggle to see how he's going to get into the team as well. Tom Carroll looks a talented player too.

No money?

Not the money to be able to take a punt on him working out which it seems spurs are doing (rightly as they can afford too).

If it works out for them you can hail levy as a genius and castigate us if it doesn't people will probably say very little.

Ignoring the fact i don't know where we'd play him you have to wonder why so many clubs passed on him. You can only imagine they weren't sold on his ability.

Not the money to be able to take a punt on him working out which it seems spurs are doing (rightly as they can afford too).

If it works out for them you can hail levy as a genius and castigate us if it doesn't people will probably say very little.

Ignoring the fact i don't know where we'd play him you have to wonder why so many clubs passed on him. You can only imagine they weren't sold on his ability.

The worst that can happen is them getting their money back.

A very low risk transfer, it seems to me.