You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Whichever way you look at it, Spurs have thoroughly shown us up in this window. We could do with a Baldini type at our club.

Anybody would think that Spurs were a bigger club than us the way they've shafted us over the past couple of years. Fucking bizarre.

Mostly true but we beat them to Suarez which is still the only transfer that has counted.

Spurs have bought very well, but I still don't think they have a match winner in the class of Bale. He won them loads of points by himself last season. Their overall squad is now stronger but it remains to be seen if that will convert into as many points. Soldado can score spawny penalties, but lets see if he can make more of an impact in open play over the course of the season.

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. Three games three wins this season so far.

Spurs have bought very well, but I still don't think they have a match winner in the class of Bale. He won them loads of points by himself last season. Their overall squad is now stronger but it remains to be seen if that will convert into as many points. Soldado can score spawny penalties, but lets see if he can make more of an impact in open play over the course of the season.

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. Three games three wins this season so far.

Vertonghen and Lloris are class but aside from those 2 the defenders in the squad are average at best

Im wondering what FSG are hoping for from this squad this coming season. Are we happy with 5th?? coz we're not getting 4th 3rd 2nd or fuck all.

My hope was that we'd challenge Spurs and Arse for 4th but the way Spurs are spending there's not a chance we'll get anywhere near 4th. Unless we pull some sorta rabbitt out of the hat in the last couple of days but with what has happened with our supposedly marquee signings doesn't fill me with any sorta confidence we can.

This is a purely negative post but this looks like another season of shit and lost hope before it has even begun. Im completely underwhelmed with our transfer dealings.

I think it's blindingly obvious they're content with 6-8th as long as its a profitable year.

All that Tottenham are doing is spending the money that they're getting for Gareth Bale. The cynic in me thinks that if we'd have sold Suarez for £60 million plus FSG would have ''loosened'' the purse strings and we'd have signed one/two first 11 players by now. Where the Tottenham board must be given credit though is that they're not using the "one in one out" strategy we have adopted. Being financially prudent is how FSG are determined to run the club. That's fine, but with Chelsea and Man City spending money like drunken sailors, and Tottenham and Man Utd with much stronger squads than ours, something has to change or we'll continue to be challenging for a place in the Europa league year in year out.

I think it's blindingly obvious they're content with 6-8th as long as its a profitable year.

So all the talk of the need for CL football is just to pull the wool over our eyes?

Cunning.

I don't think they are happy with 6th to 8th or they wouldn't have sacked Kenny. I am not sure they are up to the task of backing this manager, though. They are falling in between stools.

Yep, I've all summer tried to believe different but the new TV deal makes up for loss of CL football, when Southampton Norwich Cardiff and Swansea outspend you then no amount of bullshit can cover it, they hired Rodgers as they wanted him to perform miracles on small budget, if he didn't then no worries they don't be around to take any flak. It's Evertonesque this bidding for players you know you've no chance of getting.

Sakho and Moses would be pretty disappointing. We need more than that.

you think we are going to sign Sakho? We wish...

It's going to be just Moses, if Chelsea agree to pay part of his astronomic for the FSG valuations 55,000 per week salary. If Chelsea don't agree, then our summer shopping has finished.

In any case, Rodgers has made them a handy £5m profit just from transfers this summer, not including the further reduction to the wage bill and the additional doubled income from the new TV rights deal.

FSG wins!

Edited by Nightcat

Football matches ruining magic of transfer market

28-08-13

FOOTBALL fans are furious that matches are diverting attention away from the transfer market.

They want games in the Premier League to be put on hold so they can focus on their true passion, the pure thrills of the player marketplace.

Chelsea fan Donna Sheridan said: “A goal, three points, top of the league, who gives a shit? All I want to know is who’s triggering whose contractual buyout clause.

“How am I expected to pay attention to the game when I know the incredible spectacle of who owns Roberto Soldado’s image rights is being played out behind the scenes?”

Football agents, their paid shills in the media, and players all agree that who’s employing who is more exciting than wasting time kicking a ball.

A leading Chelsea manager, speaking anonymously, said: “The most elegant approach would be to total every club’s wage bill and the money they’ve spent on transfers, and the highest gross wins the title.

“If football wants to be taken seriously, then it needs to take the cameras from the grass to the boardroom.”

Spurs fan Wayne Hayes said: “The last day of August is enthralling – last-minute swoops, botched medicals, helicopters to eleventh-hour signings. Then unfortunately the fun’s over until January 1st.”

Spurs have done very well with Bale money Soldado,Lamela,Paulinho and possible inclution of Erikkson is outstanding buisness im sorry to say it does any one seriously think we will finish above them please give me a reason and some hope WHY? i know bale scored important goals but if they click AND they finished well above us i just cant see without FSG pulling rabbitts out of transfer hat us finishing above them I REALLY HOPE IM WRONG

How far this club is falling, resorting to loan signings to get a competitive squad for the coming season, pathetic!!!

I've no problem with loan signings to be honest, were not exactly rolling in Money at the moment ( so were lead to believe anyway) so if a club in the champions league is willing to let one of its fringe players leave then as long as he's an improvement on what we've got then get him in no risk really Mata (although it wont happen ) would be a massive coup and anyone who says it wouldn't must have shit in there eye's.

Moses I think anyway would be an improvement on Downing who has gone and not been replaced and if we made top 4 and better becomes available we just send him back to Chelsea with a pat on the back. We wont attract the type of players we all want whilst were not in the champions league so we need to get to grips with this and get the best of the next group of players available.

Just because Spurs are buying all these players doesn't mean they're all going to hit the ground running and become world beaters overnight. They're also not the strongest in defence.

They will always be Tottenham, players will sign for them, but they will also move on. They will always be a stepping stone for players and nothing more.

Just because Spurs are buying all these players doesn't mean they're all going to hit the ground running and become world beaters overnight. They're also not the strongest in defence.

They will always be Tottenham, players will sign for them, but they will also move on. They will always be a stepping stone for players and nothing more.

keep telling yourself that, it will make it better.

So all the talk of the need for CL football is just to pull the wool over our eyes?

Cunning.

I don't think they are happy with 6th to 8th or they wouldn't have sacked Kenny. I am not sure they are up to the task of backing this manager' date=' though. They are falling in between stools.[/quote']

Kenny didn't want to settle for 6-8th and would have not been as shy about criticising the owners. Having Kenny or any high profile manager was not what FSG wanted, hence they appointed a manager who was just happy to be there. After the 1st year the owners shit the bed and went for plan b, the exit plan. They saw how easy it is to waste money, they saw FFP was a pipe dream, so decided to play safe with their investment and get us in good shape for a sale.

does any one seriously think we will finish above them please give me a reason and some hope WHY?

One reason is that they have a lot of new players to bed in, that alone takes a bit of time. The margin of error for 4th place is going to be very slight this year, so there will be less games to afford transition time - great things will be expected immediately from Spurs, and none of the players they've added have really proven they can cope with that. Last year, everything Bale threw at the goal went in, the same way it did for Sisse and Ba the year before. They have a lot of goals to replace, by players not used to the high tempo of the PL.

I really think we can be good for 15 more points this season, we can certainly pressure them.

keep telling yourself that, it will make it better.

I'm not denying the fact they're ahead of us or that they'll finish above us, but people are going on as if they're going to challenge for the title or suddenly become a super power in world football.

I think some people don't realise how important Bale was last season either. They wouldn't have done as well as they did without him. They are building a good team, but Paulinho and Soldado will be the only guaranteed successes for me this season. The rest will take some time to settle.

I've no problem with loan signings to be honest, were not exactly rolling in Money at the moment ( so were lead to believe anyway) so if a club in the champions league is willing to let one of its fringe players leave then as long as he's an improvement on what we've got then get him in no risk really Mata (although it wont happen ) would be a massive coup and anyone who says it wouldn't must have shit in there eye's.

Moses I think anyway would be an improvement on Downing who has gone and not been replaced and if we made top 4 and better becomes available we just send him back to Chelsea with a pat on the back. We wont attract the type of players we all want whilst were not in the champions league so we need to get to grips with this and get the best of the next group of players available.

If we're looking at signing the like of Costa (20m) Willian (25-30m) & Mkhitaryan (20-25m) then we've got money to spend, but then again is this FSG appearing to be ambitious and trying to show the fans they are trying to sign marquee players. Miss out on 3 marquee signings fuckin REALLY? or are we that bad at concluding a transfer.

We've made money in the window this summer, we've recouped what we've spent and then some. Why are Spurs getting in quality signings and we're resorting to loan signings?? Are Spurs a bigger club then us, Europa Lge? London? paying better wages? I know they have the Bale Money but you've got to ask yourself why are we going for marquee signings if are finances are in question?

Somethings not right and we've been burned before. As far as i can see they've made a profit out of this window

Considering what Spurs have done this window mate, this has been hugely underwhelming!!