You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I hate to say it but it's looking more and more like Sakho and Moses only. I hope to God we get another classy one though.

I think Moses and Sakho would be two good additions.

It would be great to get another classy one, but not essential if we can't find the right player. Rather save our funds for when we do find that right player for the right price (maybe in January when we need a boost).

Still hope we bring a DM though to compete with Lucas.

Not sure what type of transport Baldini is using but it seems to be quicker than Ayre's mode of transport.

Marcus Christenson ‏@m_christenson 1m

Ajax sport director Marc Overmars says they've given #Eriksen permission to talk to #thfc. Latest transfer news: Transfer news latest (Bale, Lamela, Mata, Willian) - live! | Football | theguardian.com

I'm intrigued to see how much more Eriksen goes for compared to Alberto talk of around £10million for spurs.

Marc Overmars confirms that Eriksen will talk with Tottenham. No agreement between clubs yet.

Read elsewhere it could be as low as 10million Euros.

Baines has asked to be allowed to speak to Utd.

The toffs will be distraught. They kept saying how loyal he is and there is no way he would put in a transfer request.

Is asking to speak to another club a transfer request?

Don't think it is but what normally happens now is , his club will ask him to hand in a request and then he ends up being sold.

Im wondering what FSG are hoping for from this squad this coming season. Are we happy with 5th?? coz we're not getting 4th 3rd 2nd or fuck all.

My hope was that we'd challenge Spurs and Arse for 4th but the way Spurs are spending there's not a chance we'll get anywhere near 4th. Unless we pull some sorta rabbitt out of the hat in the last couple of days but with what has happened with our supposedly marquee signings doesn't fill me with any sorta confidence we can.

This is a purely negative post but this looks like another season of shit and lost hope before it has even begun. Im completely underwhelmed with our transfer dealings.

Whichever way you look at it, Spurs have thoroughly shown us up in this window. We could do with a Baldini type at our club.

Anybody would think that Spurs were a bigger club than us the way they've shafted us over the past couple of years. Fucking bizarre.

What's the use of Baldini if we're not going to spend any money. Spuds have not bought any player none of us didn't already know about. We've been linked with Eriksen for years if he goes for the kind of money being mentioned we should have bought him though.

Whichever way you look at it' date=' Spurs have thoroughly shown us up in this window. We could do with a Baldini type at our club.

Anybody would think that Spurs were a bigger club than us the way they've shafted us over the past couple of years. Fucking bizarre.[/quote']

They've a chairman who's hands on, a DOF who's well respected in the game, and a manager with a very impressive cv for such a young man. Now ask yourself what have we not got and there's your answer.

And for what's it worth I like Rodgers, but he's no cv or reputation and he really needs good support from the owners and he shouldn't have been allowed to get the DOF structure abolished, we're paying for it now, as we did with the shite we bought in his 1st window.