You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

To be fair, he will was also following Tommy Robinson. So i imagine, it wasnt just an interest in the humour element.

Not that i would want to sign him anyone. We need players for the first team.

I read Nigel Clough skitting Hughes about a poor performance in a club quiz night in the Mirror, and it mentioned he is doing a politics degree, so could be linked to that.

Bale actually thinks he's Ronaldo, he's an absolute twat, this is the man who refused a chance to be an Olympian in his home country so he could have his ears pinned back.

Jose won't let him go after today's inept performance againt Scum. We saw none of Oscar, Hazard or Shcurle is as good as our Coutinho. Jose needs a proper midfielder who can command the center.

Jose won't let him go after today's inept performance againt Scum. We saw none of Oscar, Hazard or Shcurle is as good as our Coutinho. Jose needs a proper midfielder who can command the center.

Thought that was the typical Mourinho performance, disciplined and tried to catch Utd on the break or force a mistake to hopefully take all 3 points. Beforehand he'd have easily taken a point though no doubt. Thought it was quite telling he didnt bring Mata on. Not that i mean he's looking to sell, cause i dont think he's all that arsed, but that he does prefer other players.

I can almost swallow the line that we do not want to rush into an attacking player, but why have we stalled over a top cb. Surely they are easier to find, greater abundance?

Skrtel is a top prem CB, if he is not sold there is no desperation seeing as we have him, Kelly and wisdom as backup along with coates when he's back.

I would have liked to get the papa deal done though because I know there's a risk with his injury but there's also risk he comes back playing well and we don't have a chance of getting him because champs league team might come in for him.

Apparently Assaidis having a medical at Stoke.

Whats the bets once we get the few million we'll probably get for him we'll see a new signing.

That's really awesome news! Another player off the wage bill and a thinner squad. Hurray lets celebrate.

What's the bet that once we get him we have people saying its okay because we have Sinclair who is ready to step up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If Rodgers could get a chance to sit down with Mata and outline his vision' date=' I reckon he could turn his head.

Mata - Coutinho - Suarez - Sturridge is a jizz-tastic frontline.[/quote']

Don't kid yourself, mate. It's never going to happen.

Most of the activity happens in the final days so i'm sure we'll keep trying to get more quality in.

The problem is there are usually two types of deals at this late stage: absolute bargains from clubs looking to offload or players that we'd need to overpay for.

I still think we could end up with Arda and Ilori.

Sounds like freeing up wages for Moses' date=' so i wouldn't get too excited.[/quote']

Definitely not getting too excited.

I reckon once Assaidi is gone we'll see Moses arrive.

Which would suggest to me we're being dicked about transfer wise for the second summer in a row.

Where's all these increased revenue streams going then. Bigger sponsors loads more partners great business acumen putting previous owners to shame but whats the point in alll that if the squad stands still. We don't feel any better off financially benefiting the team than we did under moores. We've got to have at least one big deal lined up, there's only so many windows they can pull this shit. Maybe they spent the new revenue over the last few window its just been poorly spent as good as Sturridge and coutinho were I think Allen and borini was money pissed up the wall.