You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Really, so you don't think it is reasonable that the extra 30-40 million increase in the tv funding that spurs will get this year (depending on where they finish) is helping them to carry a bigger squad.

You think I am making the numbers up but they are clearly factual in the above article.

Really, so you don't think it is reasonable that the extra 30-40 million increase in the tv funding that spurs will get this year (depending on where they finish) is helping them to carry a bigger squad.

You think I am making the numbers up but they are clearly factual in the above article.

Spot on mate. It's wishful thinking that Spurs would overspend now.

Spot on mate. It's wishful thinking that Spurs would overspend now.

I don't know any of the numbers, it just strikes me as strange that Spurs are spending like drunken sailors and no-one else is. Except the clubs with bottomless pits, of course.

The numbers TH posted may be correct, mind. Not that we have any clue as to the wages of the new guys, though.

Real Madrid bid turned down, less money than what Arsenal have offered.

False or not who knows....

Edit: Just to avoid confusion, this was about Suarez.

Regarding Hughes:

Tom Hopkinson of the Mirror has claimed that the Reds are chasing a deal to bring the teenager to Merseyside, but that Hughes’ current club have aimed to dissuade any such notion by slapping a £15 million tag on his signature.

Liverpool FC U18/U21 @LFC_reserves

Any move for Will Hughes would be pointless IMO. Would be disregarding younger players such as Suso at the club and wasting money.

1:48 PM - 25 Aug 2013

Money and the willingness to move are the only things it's ever about. If we have 25 million then we aren't going to sign someone that another team has bid 35 million for and nor should we.

Why didn't Spurs make the smaller jump of an additional 5 million for Willian, is AVB being badly let down?

It's all about money, agreed, and we're not spending enough.

It doesn't matter what Spurs are doing but for the record haven't they broken their transfer record twice this window? They're also showing a willingness to spend before they sell. But enough about Spurs, I'm concerned about us and loan signings doesn't cut it.

I don't know any of the numbers, it just strikes me as strange that Spurs are spending like drunken sailors and no-one else is. Except the clubs with bottomless pits, of course.

The numbers TH posted may be correct, mind. Not that we have any clue as to the wages of the new guys, though.

drunken sailors? they are spending the bale money plus their summer transfer budget. its not rocket surgery.

two 1-0 wins through lucky pens suggest it might not be a given that we cant finish above them.

Every credible journalist says we have money to spend and are actively looking to sign quality players. None of them seem to have any doubts that we were genuinely interested in signing Mkhitaryan, Costa and Willian.

But if the window closes and we have not signed anyone of that type, the anger and frustration (which will no doubt be exaggerated and hysterical from some) will be largely justified. It is simply not believable that we couldn't get anyone of sufficient quality for the positions we need to fill. I think even the most fair-minded among us will have a hard time defending the owners if that happens.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Every credible journalist says we have money to spend and are actively looking to sign quality players. None of them seem to have any doubts that we were genuinely interested in signing Mkhitaryan' date=' Costa and Willian.

But if the window closes and we have not signed anyone of that type, the anger and frustration (which will no doubt be exaggerated and hysterical from some) will be largely justified. It is simply not believable that we couldn't get anyone of sufficient quality for the positions we need to fill. I think even the most fair-minded among us will have a hard time defending the owners if that happens.[/quote']

The positives are that we are finally going for the right player. Unfortunately, that means fuck all if we end up with Moses on deadline day. I'll be livid.

If we backed Rodgers we'd fucking fly' date=' that's the thing that's doing my head in the most

not saying bankrupt us but he should be able to get at least one 1st choice, top table player in[/quote']

Completely agree with this. With the right backing I think Rodgers could make us world beaters, it's fucking frustrating that they can't even stick an extra couple of million down to get a player he thinks will completely transform the team.

drunken sailors? they are spending the bale money plus their summer transfer budget. its not rocket surgery.

Well, that's fortunate, because I'm not a rocket surgeon.

But, I imagine, the wages for 5/6 players are significantly more than the wages for one; hence my reference to the amount they are spending.

As someone said earlier, this could be down to increased TV revenue. But why isn't everyone/anyone else spending similar?

The positives are that we are finally going for the right player. Unfortunately, that means fuck all if we end up with Moses on deadline day. I'll be livid.

True. It's all well and good saying "The will was there" and that we wanted to sign ambitious targets, but if you end up with fuck all then statements like that count for very little. The owners need to pull their fingers out of their arses and back the manager with the £30-odd million that we should still have left to spend, because there are unquestionably players out there that would improve us and that we should be able to attract.

If we backed Rodgers we'd fucking fly, that's the thing that's doing my head in the most

not saying bankrupt us but he should be able to get at least one 1st choice, top table player in

is right i get the feeling FSG after being stung by the carroll/downing fiasco are hesitant to go extra mile BUT i hope they back brendan because IF we keep suarez and buy a couple top players well get that champs league spot and kick on

If Chelsea are really willing to let Mata go we have to bid.

Even if the likelihood of him coming would be fairly low we simply have to give it a try.

If Chelsea have let it be known that he is available then all we have to do is contact his agent and find out if he's interested in coming here. Simple. If there is a possibility then we work hard on doing a deal, but set up some others as well in case it doesn't come off.

Well, my mate works for the club and he's said we have told that moses and mata are available. He's not sure if it was chelsea or the agents, but we have been sounded out.

He's also heard that mourinho has said that mata cant leave for any prem team, apart from us.

Like all of us, he doesnt think he have the slightest chance in getting mata, but this is what is being talked about at the club.

As someone said earlier, this could be down to increased TV revenue. But why isn't everyone/anyone else spending similar?

Not been following too closely but I would hazard a guess that Norwich, Swansea, Westham, Southampton have spent relatively huge compared to teams of their normal budgets, increased tv money, yep.

Well, my mate works for the club and he's said we have told that moses and mata are available. He's not sure if it was chelsea or the agents, but we have been sounded out.

He's also heard that mourinho has said that mata cant leave for any prem team, apart from us.

Like all of us, he doesnt think he have the slightest chance in getting mata, but this is what is being talked about at the club.

fuck me if we get mata we will be challenging them for the title. this whole thing is bizzare.