Quantcast
Summer 2013 Transfer Thread - Page 412 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

It's pathetic after all the bravado about going after flair players and centre backs. "Poised to bid" my arse, show us the new players FSG. The argument is weak and unconvincing that players aren't available. It all comes down to money.

They tried this trick last summer, suddenly we had Rodgers coming out saying there were quality players available in the loan market. Why should he have to endure that kind of nonsense in his first season? And now it's happening again. He is being badly let down by those above him.

Money and the willingness to move are the only things it's ever about. If we have 25 million then we aren't going to sign someone that another team has bid 35 million for and nor should we.

Why didn't Spurs make the smaller jump of an additional 5 million for Willian, is AVB being badly let down?

It's pathetic after all the bravado about going after flair players and centre backs. "Poised to bid" my arse, show us the new players FSG. The argument is weak and unconvincing that players aren't available. It all comes down to money.

They tried this trick last summer, suddenly we had Rodgers coming out saying there were quality players available in the loan market. Why should he have to endure that kind of nonsense in his first season? And now it's happening again. He is being badly let down by those above him.

Spurs are supposedly in for lamela and hulk, if they can sell there club to them players and the best we can up with is Moses then we seriously need to look at who is doing our negotiations.

Spurs are supposedly in for lamela and hulk, if they can sell there club to them players and the best we can up with is Moses then we seriously need to look at who is doing our negotiations.

They are also losing their best player for a ridiculous sum, may have something to do with it.

I'm out.

Money and the willingness to move are the only things it's ever about. If we have 25 million then we aren't going to sign someone that another team has bid 35 million for and nor should we.

Why didn't Spurs make the smaller jump of an additional 5 million for Willian, is AVB being badly let down?

You are really good at this.

Spurs' wage bill will be going through the flaming roof.

They are also losing their best player for a ridiculous sum, may have something to do with it.

I'm out.

We haven't spent a penny this summer and have saved a shit load on the wage bill, we should be more then able to sign a 30m player if we wanted.

People are making a case for Moses now, why am I not surprised?

If we were linked with some shite like Puncheon some sorry apologist on here would be on here telling us what a great signing he would be.

Clowns.

With that ultimate endorsement I would say sign him. He'll do a good job for us; no doubt better than Downing. He can score gols, has enough tools in his arsenal to open up defences, has pace and is strong enough for the league. A marquee signing doesn't have to be Latino and ridiculously expensive.

With that ultimate endorsement I would say sign him. He'll do a good job for us; no doubt better than Downing. He can score gols, has enough tools in his arsenal to open up defences, has pace and is strong enough for the league. A marquee signing doesn't have to be Latino and ridiculously expensive.

Moses is shite, I watched there euro games last season to see how rafa done, the competition were Moses was getting games and supposedly showing his quality.Hes shite and a couple of the games I saw ibe play in pre season were better then anything I've seen from Moses.

Hey Nighty, care to answer my question from the other thread: Please explain why Papadopoulos is a bargain at 15m?

Because I think he has world class potential.

I don't want to pay Chelski for the privilege of developing one of their rentboys.

I wouldn't mind us "developing" Mata for a season or two.

This thing about Moses is though nobody cares that hes not a marquee signing. I couldn't give a fuck if a player costs 30 million or 3 million. As long as hes good enough.

Right now we need a top player to come into the team in an attacking position.

Moses is decent and honestly is more effective than Downing whos place he'd be taking. But hes not a top player.

He might just might come in to the team and hit the ground running and prove to be a masterstroke. But I don't think he will.

Because I think he has world class potential.

I wouldn't mind us "developing" Mata for a season or two.

Mata maybe but they can fuck off with Moses, I don't want his mistakes in the team until he finds his feet and them fucks off back to Chelski.

This Mata talk confuses me greatly

Can anyone fathom why Chelsea would want rid? He is genuinely a fantastic footballer (is that not a commonly held view?)

We've certainly been turned down by far worse this summer

I can't see any possibility of this happening but would be a hell of a signing if true

He's a good player; but he is no Xavi or Iniesta, who I guess are the standard for Spanish midfielders as well as the special one.

Spurs in for mata according to BBC. Bale money or not, we've made a considerable savings this summer on transfers and the wage bill. If the story from the club is to be believed then we should have no problem in matching Spurs's offer.

On Mata what other top clubs have the money required to get him if he is available?

Maybe the mancs but I don't think they'd be in for him, if he is available I think it is very realistic we could get him.

He was willing to come here before he went to Chelsea and needs to be playing this season for the world cup, every Spanish player will be desperate for a place in first team.

Spurs in for mata according to BBC. Bale money or not, we've made a considerable savings this summer on transfers and the wage bill. If the story from the club is to be believed then we should have no problem in matching Spurs's offer.

Should have known them cunts would be in but I don't believe we would loose out to any player to spurs if we matched there highest wage offer.

There is also the rivarly with spurs and Chelsea and I'm pretty sure Mata knows lfc is bigger club then spurs.

Spurs' wage bill will be going through the flaming roof.

I bet that is the first thought going through a spurs fans mind.I hope they write a letter complaining.

Dear Mr Levy stop buying good players and we would prefer you take the approach of our North London neighbours and Mr Henry. The Liverpool board feel Lamela is too expensive and why should you pay a bit more for quality and if you spend an extra few million on wages we might go bankrupt.

After years of penny pinching I do not agree that with Liverpool and Arsenal looking vulnerable and 4 new new managerial changes from the top 7 now is not the time to be extravagant there is no value in the market, save the money till Jan, I beg you do no risk our future.

I really do not want to see one of the best young players in world football arrive at the lane as I am worried about the wages to earnings ratio, yours faithfully disgruntled Dave from Chessington end.

Probably settled and no major upheaval, it makes sense if you were in his shoes.

Pity as he a quality player and he does seem surplus, very strange.