You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

The fans moaning about Moses were probably the ones slagging off Sturridge and Coutinho before we signed them.

They just want a big name or for FSG to spend lots of money, when actually it should be not how much we spend, but how well we spend it.

No, you see, you are totally wrong. For example me, if you look back on my posts you will find that I was really positive about Sturridge and Coutinho. It's that Moses is not good.

But your appreciation for FSG makes you generalise" all those who do not like Moses, did not like Sturridge and Coutinho". Absolutely ridiculous argument

The fans moaning about Moses were probably the ones slagging off Sturridge and Coutinho before we signed them.

They just want a big name or for FSG to spend lots of money, when actually it should be not how much we spend, but how well we spend it.

What a load of tosh, LFD. You can't make sweeping generalisations like that. Its akin to the "the ones giving x crap are probably the ones who boo'd Lucas!".

I was absolutely ecstatic we signed Sturridge and Coutinho. If Moses was our only attacking player then it'd be a totally shit summer and a pathetic excuse for a first-team signing.

I dont 'just want a big name or for FSG to spend lots of money'. Unfortunately both of those things are often inherent when buying top class players to push you onto the next level. If Sturridge's and Coutinho's were so easy to find, we wouldn't be here calling them bargains.

Moses is a Poulsen level and type of signing.

FSG are a disgrace. "We tried for Mykhitarian*, Costa* and Willlian* so here is Moses on loan...." har har har... Incredible stuff.... The Arsenal model.

We've got the second best bullshiting owners in the league.

*Their clubs actually never conformed they received any offer from Liverpool

Edited by Nightcat

No, you see, you are totally wrong. For example me, if you look back on my posts you will find that I was really positive about Sturridge and Coutinho. It's that Moses is not good.

But your appreciation for FSG makes you generalise" all those who do not like Moses, did not like Sturridge and Coutinho". Absolutely ridiculous argument

What a load of tosh, LFD. You can't make sweeping generalisations like that. Its akin to the "the ones giving x crap are probably the ones who boo'd Lucas!".

I was absolutely ecstatic we signed Sturridge and Coutinho. If Moses was our only attacking player then it'd be a totally shit summer and a pathetic excuse for a first-team signing.

I dont 'just want a big name or for FSG to spend lots of money'. Unfortunately both of those things are often inherent when buying top class players to push you onto the next level. If Sturridge's and Coutinho's were so easy to find, we wouldn't be here calling them bargains.

It was a generalised statement, so don't take it personally.

Moses is a Poulsen level and type of signing.

FSG are a disgrace. "We tried for Mykhitarian*, Costa* and Willlian* so here is Moses on loan...." har har har... Incredible stuff.... The Arsenal model.

We've got the second best bullshiting owners in the league.

*Their clubs actually never conformed they received any offer from Liverpool

You do talk some shite when the day is long...seriously, get yourself a life.

I don't think so.

You're adding credence to your argument (that we're not astute enough to see the value in Moses) by throwing in generalised statements like "you lot were probably the ones who didn't want us to sign Sturridge!"

When in reality there isn't any probably about it. Out of 100%, only 39% didn't want us to sign him. So its more probable that we weren't lambasting the Sturridge signing. Either way, they're completely independent and one doesn't really have one to do with the other.

Anyway, this is all a bit dull haha. I wish we were discussing something more exciting.

Yes they would not sell. They said it about a month ago when rumours surfaced about some wealthy Arabs being interested in investing.

You seem to be under the impression that no one wealthy would be interested in buying Liverpool. You probably believe our former Chelsea owner who reproduced this kind of bullshit. What makes you think that Fulham' date=' City or QPR are more attractive? that's right nothing.[/quote']

You are talking utter shite. Broughton is a professional. He does not operate in the same intellectual trough as you do. The fact that he is a Chelsea supporter did not impact his execution of the job he was brought in to do, you plantpot.

Where are the rumours? Who are these qeakthy arabs? Did anyone test them? No, thought not.

There are no interested buyers out there. If they existed, FSG would be talking to them.

Moses on loan would be a total admission of defeat in the transfer market.

Downing = Moses in terms of production, maybe Moses has a bit more potential but if it were a loan deal that really wouldn't be a factor for us anyway.

Willian to Moses in a week. Quite a comedown. I assume this would mean we're buying a big-name defender or two, then? Or are we Arsenal now, "keeping the powder dry" for when there's "value in the market"?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I was wrong about Sturridge. I'm glad he's proved me wrong and I'll admit that.

But Moses' date=' really? He's a handful on his day but we've probably better youngsters.[/quote']

I'd sooner play Sterling.

I was not reluctant with Sturridge, he had proved wherever he went, or got a chance he scored goals, I never realised just how good he was. We needed another striker and he has proved to be a bargain.

Moses is not a bad player - from what little I have seen - but is he a major upgrade that we were expecting, giving the players we have been bidding on, I think not.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Perhaps Rodgers knows FSG aren't going to sanction any big money signings so is trying to get Moses for squad depth. Its the only thing that makes sense.

If that's the case, people are going to be very pissed off. Including me.

Moses got more goals (10) in all competitions for Chelsea in 28 starts than Downing did for us (7) in 77 starts.

Would be interesting to see Moses goals per minute stats. I remember the Sturridge stats where really good in that regard

Let me add, I'm not advocating signing Moses as our marquee signing!

FSG must be over the moon with Rodgers, he has transformed the squad this window, assuming he brings in Moses on loan, for the better and come out with a serious net gain for them in transfer fees and wages.

There are loads of gettable players out there now who could improve our first 11 and it looks like they are dragging their heels. We've had a decent start and I'm yet to be convinced that Spurs will replace Bale easily. There is a chance we can sneak into the top 4 with some investment. It makes me wonder if they are serious about this.