You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Simple.

We need 5 players.

Centre back x 2 both aerially dominant.

Aggressive Central midfielder.

Right winger.

Reserve striker.

More important than anything is the spine of the team next season is comprised of leaders and the type of nasty bastards that hate losing.

However, I think we'll spend the bulk of our cash on a number 10 if Rodgers recent comments are anything to go by.

Simple.

We need 5 players.

Centre back x 2 both aerially dominant.

Aggressive Central midfielder.

Right winger.

Reserve striker.

More important than anything is the spine of the team next season is comprised of leaders and the type of nasty bastards that hate losing.

However' date=' I think we'll spend the bulk of our cash on a number 10 if Rodgers recent comments are anything to go by.[/quote']

We bought our number 10

The haters? What a fucking joke that is.

Here's what Williams said :- Williams claims that Suarez dives more than any other player he has faced and slams his 'superior' manner on the pitch. 'Suarez has that aura about him that says, "I'm untouchable", and his manner and behaviour made me want to knock him out.

'The manner in which he approached the game, with utter contempt for us all, means that he's streets ahead of any player I've truly disliked since we've been in the Premier League. 'He dived more than any other player I've played against - it was so bad I was genuinely shocked.

'Throughout the game, he just dived down and screamed at any given moment. A couple of times I'd hear the scream, see him writhing on the floor and for the life of me couldn't see where the contact could have been.'

That shithouse basically just stuck the boot in riding on the coat tails of the furore surrounding Luis to raise his own profile for his book. Yeah, exactly the kind of player we want here.

I agree. He tried to profit from the witch hunt on Suarez at a time when it was at its most vicious. It's not like there was any fear of him saying similar about Rooney or Walcott if he felt it, which makes it even more snide.

Its a tough one. Definately not room for mistakes if we want to compete for CL spots.

Why on earth do people want to get rid of Reina? He has proven to be one of the best keepers in the league, but had a form dip and made a lot of mistakes. Its hard to find good keepers, and we for sure have one, so why let him go? Reina has the skills, and skills don't disappear.

I would let go of Downing, and Carroll. Downing has no place in this concept. He creates too little offensively, and is a one trick pony. He creates next to nothing compared to Sturridge, and Suarez who he is playing a front three with. Yeah he compensates for it with a great defensive work, but that doesnt work in Rodgers concept.

We need a wing who creates as much as Suarez and Sturridge does. I know it is difficult but we need it. It is a serious blow that we only have one wing who the opponent fears.

We ofc need a striker. Sturridge and Suarez is in the starting lineup, but we need more than them. Carroll isn't the answer, and we don't know if Borini is yet.

We need a backup for Lucas! We have all seen how poor we can be without him, so that is a must. Doesnt need to be a world class, but at least better and with more potential than Spearing.

A centre back since Carra is leaving, and definately one who can push Skrtel out of the lineup. We need an upgrade in my opinion.

Then let young players as Shelvey, Sterling, and Suso play more, or loan them out. They need experience to get better, or else the whole point of getting great young players is a huge waste. I don't expect them to play every single match, but give them some confidence. I thought Rodgers was great at that in the beginning, but has faded a little. Suso impressed me(more than Sterling at times), but has not been given many chances recently.

Good post, agree with all that.

Williams seems a certainty as Rodgers has been talking him up for a while now. I don't know where all this stuff that he's good, or a great leader has come from. No one talked about it last year, he's 28 yet he has only been in the PL for 2 years.

We'll end up once again overpaying for an average english footballer and I think many will be less than impressed this time next year. (I hope I'm wrong)

Williams seems a certainty as Rodgers has been talking him up for a while now. I don't know where all this stuff that he's good, or a great leader has come from. No one talked about it last year, he's 28 yet he has only been in the PL for 2 years.

We'll end up once again overpaying for an average english footballer and I think many will be less than impressed this time next year. (I hope I'm wrong)

You are wrong. Only because he's Welsh and not English though. ;)

Unless we're interested in a player named Michu, I would hope we'll be fishing in a bigger pool than Swansea.

You are wrong. Only because he's Welsh and not English though. ;)

Unless we're interested in a player named Michu, I would hope we'll be fishing in a bigger pool than Swansea.

I'd take Pablo Hernandez to be fair, and Neil Taylor looked a good un last year but had a bad injury this season

Don't want Williams though, don't think he is good enough to be anything other than 3rd/4th choice for us and he'd cost too much for that

I'd be livid if we signed Williams, I've said it before and il day it again he is fucking garbage, he's a proper alehouse cunt, I've watched him a few times for Wales, we need quality and he's not it, in an ideal world we'd break the bank for Hummels but that's highly unlikely, I'd go with a German CB and GK, Ter Stegen looks real class, him or Begovic for me in the summer and is be happy, I think this summer could well be the most important transfer window in 20 years or more.

We didn't get it right in 2006 after winning the CL, lets hope we don't fuck up this time and FSG continue to support Rodgers.

Apparently Swansea conceded the most goals from headers in the p/l this year and Willams % of aerial battles is lower than Skrtel and Agger. If we are going to use a wildcard and get a couple of older players I would be expecting the likes of Cesar/Alonso/ Sneijder signings not waste it on Williams.

Williams isn't any better than what we have that is before we even mention using Suarez to sell books, cheap shot. I can see the logic in wanting an experienced defender but you would hope we could do better.

Can't believe so many people think Suarez will still be here next season. I would love him to be but just can't see it. If the rumours are true that he has a buyout clause then it is even worse.

Using Suarez to sell books?

Maybe that's his genuine, real life opinion?

Fucking hell, imagine if he does sign for us. The scapegoating will begin before he's even stepped on the pitch.

He's apologised to Suarez who probably didn't even give a fuck anyway. You'd think it was case closed, but no he's a total cunt for having an opinion.

I mean, if he'd mentioned anything about Luis' off the pitch personality then I could understand but he's said he's a bit of a shit when he's on the pitch. Everyone knows that, anyway. Even Luis himself readily admits he can be overly competitive on the pitch.

I'd be livid if we signed Williams' date=' I've said it before and il day it again he is fucking garbage, he's a proper alehouse cunt,[b'] I've watched him a few times for Wales,[/b] we need quality and he's not it, in an ideal world we'd break the bank for Hummels but that's highly unlikely, I'd go with a German CB and GK, Ter Stegen looks real class, him or Begovic for me in the summer and is be happy, I think this summer could well be the most important transfer window in 20 years or more.

We didn't get it right in 2006 after winning the CL, lets hope we don't fuck up this time and FSG continue to support Rodgers.

Says it all, that. How the fuck can anyone shine whilst playing for Wales? Especially a defender.

Where has he bigged him up? I only remember it once and it was when he attacked Suarez

And he's not English, he's Welsh.

Regardless of his attack on Suarez (and I don't know if he did "apologise", Paul) from what I've seen of him, I don't think he's that hot. A leader, I agree, but we've seen many "leaders" of smaller teams come to Liverpool and wilt. But aside from his leadership qualities, I don't think he's a top defender.

But then again, I still back Downing, so don't listen to me!