You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I think he looked pretty dejected when talking in the press-conference today. He needs the backing to get the players he needs.

The owners are fine numero, the windows still open, Im confident we will have two £30m signings sewn up by the end of play.

Crime is set to rise also.

And with that we come full circle.

FSG might be shite but Rodgers hasn't handled things very well either. Look at Coates - he never played the guy, never rated him and now he's hurt and he wants a replacement.

Skrtel the same way.

Coates has been abysmal whenever he has gotten a chance. Doesn't look remotely good enough.

Skrtel started last season first choice and couldn't hold his place.

FSG need to start acting and stop fucking talking. Specifically to stop talking about getting Champions League football without putting any investment into our first team!

I can't decide whether they are demonstrating their ignorance of footballing issues (again!) in believing that we can get CL on the cheap and that FFP will come riding to the rescue, or whether its a case of they don't have the funds to invest in our first team.

We are simply not good enough for the top 4 as things stand...I'm in no doubt Brendan Rodgers knows this, we know it, but do our owners have the nous or the funds to address it? Considering we are still in profit with time running out in this transfer window I honestly wonder what the future holds with our manager hamstrung by ignorant or relatively skint owners and a bellend MD who hides when the shit hits the fan but is happy to be photographed pissed up.

Not looking good.

If Lamela and Willian go to Spurs, they'll blow us out of the water. Their team looks very good.

We look like idiots....again....

Not only do we look like idiots because we haven't signed any quality for the first team, which is ridiculous....but we look like HUGE dumbshits because our manager and owners have spent the last 6 months blabbing about how we are aiming for Champions League....and then doing nothing about it.

Hate to say it but if the window ended right now, i think we're looking at 5 or 6th at the best, and that's with no bad injuries or suspensions.

Not only do we look like idiots because we haven't signed any quality for the first team, which is ridiculous....but we look like HUGE dumbshits because our manager and owners have spent the last 6 months blabbing about how we are aiming for Champions League....and then doing nothing about it.

Not much the manager can do if the twats at the top don't give him a good bit of money to spend. Also doesn't help having a spastic like Ayre doing the negotiations or whatever the fuck the fat cunt does.

Coates has been abysmal whenever he has gotten a chance. Doesn't look remotely good enough.

Skrtel started last season first choice and couldn't hold his place.

Sure, he's shite - then why keep him in the fecking squad at all? Moaning now he's hurt is bullshit. If Rodgers didn't rate him he should have unloaded him when he had the chance. That's the point.

This was the summer that we could have closed the gap to the top 4. My question is where is the finance? New TV revenues, we are supposed to have 2 of the best kit supplier and sponsorship deals in football, we have trimmed the wage bill again. And we are left 11 days with the window to go, £6 million in the black, awaiting another PR letter from Henry saying how we tried. We should not swallow the bullshit anymore, what was it Werner said "we have the finances to compete with anyone in football". Well you have 11 days to prove it, otherwise no amount of open letters, interviews, a stadium leak or other charm offensives will wash and the mumblings of discontent echoed 12 months ago will reach a crescendo. Over to you FSG.

Not looking good.

If Lamela and Willian go to Spurs, they'll blow us out of the water. Their team looks very good.

We look like idiots....again....

Hate to say it but if the window ended right now, i think we're looking at 5 or 6th at the best, and that's with no bad injuries or suspensions.

yep ... quite right... totally out classed by stoke last saturday...ffs with "fans" like you, i truly despair.. defeated already...

Yep, it's extra frustrating for people because this was the summer we could have pushed on. We finished the season strong and kept Suarez. Managerial changes going on all around us, Spurs losing Bale, and we seem to have lost even more ground.

Edit: To Boomer, I never said anything of which you speak. If you don't think that at this moment in time we have missed the boat, then you're just closing your eyes.

Also, I would steer clear of papa.

This was the summer that we could have closed the gap to the top 4. My question is where is the finance? New TV revenues, we are supposed to have 2 of the best kit supplier and sponsorship deals in football, we have trimmed the wage bill again. And we are left 11 days with the window to go, £6 million in the black, awaiting another PR letter from Henry saying how we tried. We should not swallow the bullshit anymore, what was it Werner said "we have the finances to compete with anyone in football". Well you have 11 days to prove it, otherwise no amount of open letters, interviews, a stadium leak or other charm offensives will wash and the mumblings of discontent echoed 12 months ago will reach a crescendo. Over to you FSG.

I understand you frustration, but "this was the summer when" is quickly becoming a mantra repeated every year since we dropped out of the CL places.

Every transfer window is talked about as potentially the most important in the club's history because:

2010 - replacing the manager

2011 - back the manager with money

2012 - replacing the manager

2013 - back the manager with money

Truth is, there is no one pivotal point.

Type of treatment? Source. C'mon, fowler!

Move on numero he's a crock who in best case scenario would not stand up to the rigours of the premiership. Once your kness are fucked thats it, ask Redknapp, Sammer, Rob Jones etc.

I'll even throw in Van Nistelrooy as a wildcard.

You need to do better than this, slacking, its all very easy pickings if I wasnt so forgiving.

You think we should throw £20m on this guy?

Why? Even at his best with a knew pair of knees there's better defenders available at half the price. Skrtel being one of them.