Quantcast
Summer 2013 Transfer Thread - Page 384 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Bjornebye

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Don't know much about Yarmalenko, so just read up on him here-

Euro 2012: Ukraine profile – Andriy Yarmolenko | Igor Boyko, Aleksey Ivanov and Yuriy Shevchenko | Football | The Guardian

You can fuck you Mickeyteryannes, your Costa's & Willians off. This is the man. The club has played a blinder here, publicly court other players so other clubs come in. Throw Spurs a red herring in Willian, they bite, think theyre being cute by taking him away from under us. Soon as that deal is signed off, bang, this is the man we wanted all the way. We were just biding our time until them twats had finished spending, so fuck you Spurs. Tactics.

The quality of writing in the Guardian really has gone downhill. And a tad biased into the bargain.

Some website called Sportsvibe has us going after Papa again, just needs spurs to offer more than a fiver and hes off to them.

Well I guess you can have sportswatches and sportswear so why not a sportsvibe.

Couple of things.

Blame me for the Mhyktaryan and Willian deals going south, Every fucking time I hear of a possible marquee signing, I watch loads of You Tube vids, get my hopes up and then they sign for someone else. But no more!

If Suarez stays, what are the odds on when someone from LFC will claim it as just like a new signing?

Did Ian Ayre say at some point, that LFC can still atrract the best fottballers in the world without European foorball? How's that working out - has anyone called him out on it yet?

That's it.

Konoplyanka would be a better fit than Yarmolenko, based on my extensive research.*

* Youtube and stuff.

Either would be a really good signing.

Either would be a really good signing.

I've not watched them extensively, but isn't konop considerably quicker? I wouldn't mind a bit more pace up front/ on the wings...

I've not watched them extensively, but isn't konop considerably quicker? I wouldn't mind a bit more pace up front/ on the wings...

Yeah, he's lightening. Yarmolenko is still pretty quick.

They're both shit.

Especially Yarmolenko. Awful player.

Oh, you.

They're both shit.

Especially Yarmolenko. Awful player.

agreed. he's a taller version of downing.

since we are missing out on expensive signings maybe we should make an offer for Victor Moses at Chelsea. Good player, can also improve and well down the chelsea pecking order. De Bruyne would also be worth a punt but he seems to be in favour. Maybe we should show some bollocks and offer £35m for Mata

If I were fond of a conspiracy, I'd suggest, as others have, that our budget was spent in January. A "buy now pay later" kind of a deal. I think Rogers is still trying to slash cash from the budget through wages & agent fees and whatnot, but still trying to save face by slipping journo's stories of who we're confident of signing.

If I were James Pearce or Tony Barrett, I'd be pretty pissed that I was putting my neck out with stories of deals that are imminent, just to look like a tool when they fall through. Someone at the club is leaking these stories.

So, come 2nd of Sept, we have spent next to nothing and have a few hard luck stories in our back pocket as we wave goodbye to 4th (5th? 6th?) place and we're reminded, ad nauseum of the "project", Borini & Suarez being like new signings, Gerrard being "the most important signing of the summer" and then bury the bad news with snazzy drawings of a 3 tier Annie rd.

If I were fond of a conspiracy...

On tony Barretts' blag Twatter account it says we've submitted a joint £50 bid for Peter Sutcliffe and Purple Aki

I guess that musical didn't work out too good then. Shame.

On tony Barretts' blag Twatter account it says we've submitted a joint £50 bid for Peter Sutcliffe and Purple Aki

Spurs have bid £60 and also in talks with ian huntley. FSG a bunch of tight cunts

No fucking way the Bitters will sell to us.

Hughes is going to be a little bit ace from what I've seen of him, I hope if we're agreeing a deal for him to come next season then we aren't using this years budget for him given we still have improvements to make for this season

assuming its all true of course

Hughes is going to be a little bit ace from what I've seen of him, I hope if we're agreeing a deal for him to come next season then we aren't using this years budget for him given we still have improvements to make for this season

assuming its all true of course

Yeah I doubt anyone would have a problem with the deal in isolation.

But if it eats into 20/30 million we could do with spending right now it seems foolish.

People will say its all about the long game etc... But I'd rather get our house in order for the season ahead then think about deals like this.

Seems we are "on the verge" of spending £10 million on Will Hughes of Derby County.

Liverpool on the verge of securing £10m Derby midfielder Will Hughes - Transfers - Football - The Independent

FSG willing to loosen the purse strings on young potential, but not so keen when it comes to improving our first team.

Starting to get a little bit pissed off with this transfer policy to be honest because without real time ambition to compete we'll just end up as a money spinning battery farm for when this 'young potential' comes of age and fucks off because they want to to be playing in the Champions League.

...or maybe that's just the perfect execution of the FSG business plan?

Very good young player and would be delighted if we can make it happen.

A Liverpool fan as well so i believe

But is he going to improve the current first team, become an immediate regular and help us climb above Spurs and Arsenal THIS season?

Doubt it.