You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I think Sturridge will be one of the top 3 scorers in the league next season if he stays fit.

He can be our main man. Confidence player, he will thrive on it if Suarez does go. And the telepathy between him and coutinho at times last season looked frightening.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't think he ever got a fair shot at either of those clubs.

The one season he got a fair crack was under AVB, and he was quality from the right. He's clearly a quality player. He has proved it every bit as much as Coutinho, in my opinion. Many of our fans are quick to say 'I don't care what they did for [insert club], it's what they do for Liverpool that counts'. Well, he's been very good - no, terrific - for Liverpool.

as well as Sturridge, I'm also optimistic about Aspas's prospects, doesn't look clinical by any means but certainly gets in the right positions and creates chances for himself

You can see why Rodgers bought him, he reminds me alot of Suarez with his movement and work rate, also frustrating first season in front of goal, could be a very good addition, all of the new signings have been impressive

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Damiao and Lamela are the type of quality we should be after

They are, but attracting them (especially Lamela) is going to be pretty difficult. It's not only the money, it's also attracting players to play for us.

Lamela is identical to Coutinho. Except Argentinian. When Gnasher is fucked off, we need a replacement CF not an AM

I know next to nothing about Damiao, but he seems highly rated and he can keep Phillipe company, so I'd be all for it.

Coutinho and Lamela cutting in from both wide areas or interchanging behind the Striker. Yeah I'll have some of that.

Sturridge will be one of the best forwards about if he can sort out his injuries and become a better team player. He was unreal against Fulham. Whatever we paid it was a bargain. I just hope he can stay fit because he'll bang them in.

Seems to already have a great understanding with Coutinho (and Suarez too).

Isn't Damiao a player that plays striker? Like, where Sturridge will likely be starting.

That's why I liked the Costa link....everything I read says he can play out wide as well, and frequently drifted out wide when played with Falcao.

either way, more Brazilians and Spaniards please.

Muriel has 28 career goals, at the age of 22.

I find this strange, seeing as Neymar is a year younger and has 160 goals.

This Muriel fella has much to prove IMO

Oh I know, I was just saying what he wanted to hear.

No, the loss of Suarez magic can only be found in players like Bernard or Quintero. They make players look like fools.

Fucking appalled we didn't get Quintero, it's startlingly obvious he's another level.