You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I think those teams have a few players who'd get in our side, like Pablo Hernandez or Brian Ruiz but I think the likes of Sturridge are quite clearly on a different level to any of the strikers from teams that finished below us last season. He's better than anything Everton and Arsenal have, too. I don't know who I'd prefer between him and Soldado. I'd probably go with Sturridge because he has more pace.

I think those teams have a few players who'd get in our side, like Pablo Hernandez or Brian Ruiz but I think the likes of Sturridge are quite clearly on a different level to any of the strikers from teams that finished below us last season. He's better than anything Everton and Arsenal have, too. I don't know who I'd prefer between him and Soldado. I'd probably go with Sturridge because he has more pace.

I'd go with Soldado, 100%. Much better footballer.

Probably only Van Persie and Aguero I'd have before him in the league. He'll get bucketloads this season.

I think the likes of Sturridge are quite clearly on a different level to any of the strikers from teams that finished below us last season. .

Sturridge was not good enough for City and Chelsea in the Top Four and has found his level with us.

As a player who can mount a top four tilt, he has a place. He has something to prove at the top, I hope he stays the course.

Ok, I think that's nonsense.

It is. Considering he was the one who decided to leave City. He played well for Chelsea when used. Unfortunately for him when a club like Chelsea pay big money for other forwards they will use them even if they are performing shite.

Sturridge was not good enough for City and Chelsea in the Top Four and has found his level with us.

As a player who can mount a top four tilt, he has a place. He has something to prove at the top, I hope he stays the course.

Sorry, but that's twisting Sturridge's career a bit.

City wanted to keep him, Chelsea poached him, then through a procession of managers and an unsettled squad failed to offer him a decent run, whilst a £50m man who couldn't hit a barn door had to be played. Neither side during Sturridge's time was a model designed to foster the talent of an up and coming international.

I really don't get why so many of our fans still seem to view Sturridge with suspicion. When played consistently as a CF, here and at Bolton, he's produced.

Sorry' date=' but that's twisting Sturridge's career a bit.

City wanted to keep him, Chelsea poached him, then through a procession of managers and an unsettled squad failed to offer him a decent run, whilst a £50m man who couldn't hit a barn door had to be played. Neither side during Sturridge's time was a model designed to foster the talent of an up and coming international.

I really don't get why so many of our fans still seem to view Sturridge with suspicion. When played consistently as a CF, here and at Bolton, he's produced.[/quote']

As well as also doing excellently in the only real run he had in Chelsea's team despite playing on the right

Sorry' date=' but that's twisting Sturridge's career a bit.

I really don't get why so many of our fans still seem to view Sturridge with suspicion. When played consistently as a CF, here and at Bolton, he's produced.[/quote']

Purely because he was reasonably priced.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yeah' date=' that's probably part of it. If he was £20m and plucked from an obscure league though, with his goals to games ratio for us, i swear everyone'd be ecstatic.[/quote']

There seems to be a desire to be totally negative about everything. If we spend, we are wasting money, if we don't it's because the owners are cunts. We shouldn't like Coutinho because he's going to fuck us off for being shit.

Negativity doesn't mean reality.