You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
From what I have read, he's a forward who can play between the lines.. So he'd start behind Sturridge.. Kinda like Sigurdsson for Swansea.

Doubt that. Massively. I'd expect this...

--------Lucas-----------Gerrard----------

---------------Coutinho------------------

------Suarez---------------Costa---------

---------------Sturridge

Looks like it's going to be quite fluid.

£22m seems a bit much to me. Seen him a handful of times and always thought of him as a kind of average player. Reminded me a bit of Dirk when i watched him but hopefully he's better than i think. Don't really understand where he'd fit in though, even if Suarez leaves what happens to Sturridge?

Doubt that. Massively. I'd expect this...

--------Lucas-----------Gerrard----------

---------------Coutinho------------------

------Suarez---------------Costa---------

---------------Sturridge

Maybe you're right, but id swap Coutinho with Costa.. i like my wingers to be able to beat players and Costa doesn't look the type. Replace Suarez with Aspas that'd be our starting MF-FW line up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
so if the club are still fully intent on keeping Suarez I'd imagine this would mean the end for Borini?

Hopefully he'll be played up front instead. Amount of attacking players we're getting without a CB or DM is a bit strange, I have to say.

I'd like us to sign one of Bayern's many attacking players. Surely one of Muller, Kroos, Shaqiri, Robben and Ribery wouldn't get enough games.. especially with the arrivals of Gotze and Thiago this summer.

Muller would be sensational, but I'd settle for Shaqiri or Robben.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Did he ever start.

Only five times in the league, which is about four more times than it took for people to write a 21 year old off.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I question the mental state of anybody who even utters the name 'Müller' in connection with a transfer to Liverpool. I also question anybody who would merely 'settle' for Shaqiri rather than scrape their balls across hot coals to get him.

I question the mental state of anybody who even utters the name 'Müller' in connection with a transfer to Liverpool. I also question anybody who would merely 'settle' for Shaqiri rather than scrape their balls across hot coals to get him.

Inter was close to signing Muller last year.

Shaqiri wouldn't start enough games for Bayern.. So if I was Rodgers I'd bid for him.. Bayern would need to balance their books somehow after their significant investments on their already world class midfield this summer.

Looks a nutter. I know Rodgers wants two people competing for each position, but having a cover nutter for the fist choice nutter is simply nuts

Rodgers obviously worried that our first choice nutter will fuck off to Madrid leaving us nutterless. He could always try the revolutionary tactic of playing without a nutter .

Our business seems to be going downhill, a lb everyone saying is terrible and an average dirty bastard striker for a massive fee.

Im struggling to think why we are after player like him especially for that price.We have been waiting for weeks for these top players who are going to improve our squad that Brendan has been talking about but it looks like we are getting overpriced shit.

Suarez Costa and Asspass all up front together? We will rape, yes literally hatefuck some defences this season. Then eat the quivering jelly that is left over.

I'm getting excited.

That frontline would seriously wind up and scare the shit of our opponents defenders. They will be a nightmare to play against, all of them full of skills and dirty tricks.

We need badguys to win games, can't win anything with only pretty boys in our side. These fuckers would do anything to win, at least Suarez and Costa would.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Madness.

Well, ya know, I guess I'd just about settle for Messi and Ronaldo joining. If that's all's available.

Well' date=' ya know, I guess I'd just about settle for Messi and Ronaldo joining. If that's all's available.[/quote']

Messi and Ronaldo are a lot better than Shaqiri. He started only 13 games in the league and this year Bayern have added 2 more midfielders. It's not that far-fetched.

Inter was close to signing Muller last year.

Shaqiri wouldn't start enough games for Bayern.. So if I was Rodgers I'd bid for him.. Bayern would need to balance their books somehow after their significant investments on their already world class midfield this summer.

Bayern have said they're not selling Shaqiri I think. To be fair, if there was any chance of us getting the likes of him or Sanchez I'm sure we would have gone for it. We obviously have the money and intent to sign someone. It's just a case of finding a player of the right profile who actually wants to come.