You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Its not just a pacy defender we need its one with a fucking voice. Too many choir boys at the back. If one of Agger or Skrtel raised more than a mouse fart during the game they might actually work well as a team. Alas they have less impact then a eunuch at an orgy.

Agger and Skrtel worked very well as a partnership under Kenny. Man City wanted both them cos they had class seasons.

Agger and Skrtel worked very well as a partnership under Kenny. Man City wanted both them cos they had class seasons.

It s weird how the partnership went from being utter class to shear panic and pretty quickly to. It is apparent Martin got the blame and I don't quite know what has gone on between Brendan and him. But it appears something has been said for Martin to be pushed so far from the picture.

In all honest even when he was dropped I think Dan was just as bad and maybe slightly worse in some games.

I think if there is a problem with Martin than as its a world cup year he might want to go to another club maybe.

Not a doubt if someone came in with a decent bid for Martin he would be gone, although the door is not exactly getting knocked down, on that front.

Ideally a CB with pace and another player with goals in his locker, we have definitely looked at both positions but unable to get the players for different reasons. Still hope we are in the market for both but if Martin stays I doubt the quick CB will be coming in. Four weeks to go, so time yet.

Toure as first choice centre back and Lucas, with all the doubts surrounding him since his comeback, as the only player suited to hold the middle together isn't what I was expected from this summer. It's worrying to be honest that the manager doesn't see those positions as as much of a priority as another attacking midfielder considering how many times sides exploited our weakness through the middle last year.

Having thought we were buying to a plan at the beginning of summer we now seem to be in a position of buing just one player, yet to come in as well, who should be an automatic outfield starting line up choice. As poorly executed a transfer plan as recent seasons.

Toure as first choice centre back and Lucas, with all the doubts surrounding him since his comeback, as the only player suited to hold the middle together isn't what I was expected from this summer. It's worrying to be honest that the manager doesn't see those positions as as much of a priority as another attacking midfielder considering how many times sides exploited our weakness through the middle last year.

Having thought we were buying to a plan at the beginning of summer we now seem to be in a position of buing just one player, yet to come in as well, who should be an automatic outfield starting line up choice. As poorly executed a transfer plan as recent seasons.

I disagree.

But then again having an opinion these days counts for less than the posters claiming their opinions to be facts.

In any case, we have a dynamic bunch of players that can play in any number of positions including DM. We are not restricting 1 player to 1 position like Rafa did, except the GK.

Haha your sly digs betray the fact that your developing a disturbing inferiority complex, you should relax, it was just a question, hardly a threat.

Im going off what Rodgers said about going after a left back (another needless signing as far as I can see.), .

How is going after another left back a needless signing? We have only got Enrique and a young Jack Robinson(who I don't think is quite ready) vying for those positions. We need better competition then that.

I disagree.

But then again having an opinion these days counts for less than the posters claiming their opinions to be facts.

In any case, we have a dynamic bunch of players that can play in any number of positions including DM. We are not restricting 1 player to 1 position like Rafa did, except the GK.

Who else can play that role of protecting the back four? Gerrard at a push although he's never been great positionally and it's been a few years since I've seen him snapping into any tackles.

As poorly executed a transfer plan as recent seasons.

Surely this can only be decided retrospectively. If Aspas bangs in 25 goals, Toure is a rock at the back and Mignolet excels in goal, it will have been an ace window.

Saying that, Rodgers did say he was done strengthening the squad and now he wanted to strengthen the first team. It'll be interesting to see who comes in before the window closes, but it's far too early to say whether this has been a poorly executed window.

Dennis Tooth tried to rough-house this thread using elbows and spitting, the dirty bastard.

He and Code are like terrorism, where they want us to lose our decency and resort to atrocities to combat them. We cannot do this, we must adhere to forum rules and not let these people change our way of life.

How is going after another left back a needless signing? We have only got Enrique and a young Jack Robinson(who I don't think is quite ready) vying for those positions. We need better competition then that.

Eh?

We got millions of left backs, Enrique isnt injured that often, Johnson does an ace job there, Kelly and Wisdom can cover the right back slot if that needs changing, Robinson and who's the other dude, flanagan, then Mcloughlin coming through. Although Im not a big fan Downing was used there and Rodgers said he thought he was ace, in not so many words.

If we bring Cissokho in I'll be thrilled as I think he's one of the best around, but I still think its not needed, if we go after Bertrand, I'll be miffed.

I still think we could do with another striker, Borini is not up to the job and Sturridge and Suarez is not enough for a tilt at the top 4, if one is injured and one suspended say, who have we got? And dont say Borini.

Its a massive, glaring ommission.

Also we lack a DM, last year we were the softest, faggitty faggot shit wince out team in the league, peice of shit. Id like to see that addressed.

Many many people were saying the same thing at the start of the window but have all gone quiet.

This is clearly insane.

Dennis Tooth tried to rough-house this thread using elbows and spitting, the dirty bastard.

He and Code are like terrorism, where they want us to lose our decency and resort to atrocities to combat them. We cannot do this, we must adhere to forum rules and not let these people change our way of life.

Fucking right I will.

Rodgers/FSG are roughhousing our season by relying on two big pink faggots in Hendo and Allen to mince about in front of our back four and two injury/suspension merchants to lead our front line.

I'll take the negs till we get it sorted.