You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I think we may stick with what we've got at centre half if we can't get Papadopoulos or Ilori. Toure, Agger, Skrtel, Kelly and Wisdom is a pretty solid group of players as things stand. I wouldn't be unhappy if we started the season like that. We do need another left back though and at least one more goal scorer - either a wide forward or an attacking midfielder. I think that's what we will mainly be looking at.

I think we may stick with what we've got at centre half if we can't get Papadopoulos or Ilori. Toure, Agger, Skrtel, Kelly and Wisdom is a pretty solid group of players as things stand. I wouldn't be unhappy if we started the season like that. We do need another left back though and at least one more goal scorer - either a wide forward or an attacking midfielder. I think that's what we will mainly be looking at.

Having read about this kids aerial ability and blistering pace I had to give him the old Youtube once over ... but I was mightily disappointed to see he's nowt but a skinny, error strewn kid.

Honestly we should save our dosh on him cos Wisdom and (especially) Kelly are already miles better imo.

Wouldn't mind taking a gamble on Papadopoulos though, especially if we can screw Shalke down on the price a bit and allow the kid time to heal properly.

Hmm seems like you have just repeated what Rodgers said earlier today you have subconsciously been brainwashed. Didn't you want a lot more a month back and what has made you be happy with this lack of investment in the squad?.

Hmm seems like you have just repeated what Rodgers said earlier today you have subconsciously been brainwashed. Didn't you want a lot more a month back and what has made you be happy with this lack of investment in the squad?.

I haven't read Rodgers comments from earlier today mate.

In terms of the defense, I agree with the post above yours. I would like us to sign Papadopoulos and sell Skrtel ideally, but if that deal can't be done right now then I won't be too devastated. I think Toure is good enough to start every week, and having Skrtel as an alternate to him and Agger is hardly a disaster. Plus I have a lot of faith in both Wisdom and Kelly, so I would be more than happy to see them given chances in that position if the need arose.

Aside from that I think we need a first team player who can add goals either from midfield or from the wide forward positions. As I said in another thread, I think we could sign someone like Ilicic as an alternative to Mkhitaryan and play Coutinho on the left, or we could play Coutinho as the attacking CM (my preference) and bring in someone like Bernard. In Aspas, Downing, Ibe and Sterling I think we have plenty of depth in those positions already.

Rodgers is never going to buy a defensive midfielder, a "controller" mebs, but we're never going to buy an outright holding midfielder that doesn't possess ball playing qualities.

So if we do go after someone from that position, I expect it'll be someone like Jorginho who seems skilled on the ball, rather than someone like Diame who can tackle and pass fine enough, but doesn't have a footballing brain like Lucas does.

No mention of the glaring hole we have in DM then?

Rogers is a fucking idiot. Im hoping he can still bluff his way to the top however.

You'd be surprised what an idiot can achieve by accident in spite of themself.

Canditate for worst post of the century.

Edited by Judge
Candidate

No mention of the glaring hole we have in DM then?

Rogers is a fucking idiot. Im hoping he can still bluff his way to the top however.

You'd be surprised what an idiot can achieve by accident in spite of themself.

It's Rodgers.

And you deserve every neg you get for this gibberish.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I still think we need a DM and a top CB with pace and strength. I don't think we're going to get either. Maybe a CB, but a DM looks out of the question.

We'd do better with a CB with a bit of pace. I can't see how we can play a possession based, pressing game with our CBs 30 yards the wrong side of midfield - this killed us last season when our midfield was overrun in match after match.

Lucas seemed as if his legs were made of concrete. Maybe he's more mobile now than he was after his injuries but if not we either need a pacey defense or a more mobile midfielder.

I still think we need a DM and a top CB with pace and strength. I don't think we're going to get either. Maybe a CB, but a DM looks out of the question.

How can you equate the glaring error in not attempting to get one in with having faith at all in Rodgers getting us any higher in the league?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
How can you equate the glaring error in not attempting to get one in with having faith at all in Rodgers getting us any higher in the league?

Like you, regardless of your arrogant belief otherwise, I don't know who he is attempting to get. I personally want a DM, but he seems to have faith in Lucas. Whether than faith is repaid is something we're going to have going to wait to see.

Still, it doesn't wipe away all and everything I do agree with. I've this great talent where I can have two thoughts in my head at the same time. You can have thousands, unfortunately they're all mental.

Like you, regardless of your arrogant belief otherwise, I don't know who he is attempting to get. I personally want a DM, but he seems to have faith in Lucas. Whether than faith is repaid is something we're going to have going to wait to see.

Still, it doesn't wipe away all and everything I do agree with. I've this great talent where I can have two thoughts in my head at the same time. You can have thousands, unfortunately they're all mental.

Haha your sly digs betray the fact that your developing a disturbing inferiority complex, you should relax, it was just a question, hardly a threat.

Im going off what Rodgers said about going after a left back (another needless signing as far as I can see.), saying that we know Rodgers is now an establish billy bullshitter of the highest calibre so you might have a point there, maybe he is after a DM after all. Or something.