You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I like Borini and think he could be good, given the chance. However, if they offered 12m, we should take it. He's obviously highly thought of in Italy, and he's young, so a deal would be decent for both.

Been linked with Bertrand and Cissoko in the last day or two as well, so looks like a left back may be next.

Agree with that if true, loan out Robinson and Flanagan for the season and have Johnson, Kelly, Enrique and whoever fighting it out for the full back spots. We may see a bit of rotation in those positions this season because it's physically very demanding given how Rodgers likes them to play.

Been linked with Bertrand and Cissoko in the last day or two as well, so looks like a left back may be next.

Agree with that if true, loan out Robinson and Flanagan for the season and have Johnson, Kelly, Enrique and whoever fighting it out for the full back spots. We may see a bit of rotation in those positions this season because it's physically very demanding given how Rodgers likes them to play.

In the press conference today in Melbourne, Rodgers said he wants a left back and an attacking player as his last two signings.

He said a back up left back, so it appears Enrique will still be first choice, which I think is right after the season he has just had.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Why would they start the bidding at 12m euros?

Because he's one of the brightest stars from the recent U21 tournament and did very well in Serie A. They're probably also hissing at the English for writing him off after a handful of starts.

I'd take 3m.

That would be mental.

Johnson needed a rest towards the end of last season. I think he had a very good season but looked knackered by the end of it.

Flanagan really needs a loan. Wasted season for him last year.

I'd sell Flanagan, don't rate him at all.

Robinson doesn't appear to be getting any better. I'd keep him and would loan him out, but I have doubts whether he will be good enough.

Roberto Soldado too much for Tottenham at £25m

Simon Johnson

Published: 22 July 2013

Updated: 12:05, 22 July 2013

Tottenham are in danger of missing out on a striker for the second time in less than a week with Liverpool closing in on Roberto Soldado.

Spurs switched their attention to the Valencia forward following Christian Benteke’s U-turn on Friday, when he decided to extend his contract with Aston Villa.

Standard Sport understands Benteke agreed to a new deal, which tripled his wages to £60,000-a-week, after it became evident Spurs would not pay the £25million asking price.

But the north London club are now being asked to pay the same amount for Soldado after having a £17m offer rejected. While Spurs are hesitating to meet the asking price, Liverpool are prepared to meet the buy-out clause in his contract.

The price for Soldado, who scored 24 goals last season, will go up to £31m after August 3 but Liverpool hope to agree a deal before then.

Speculation is rife that the Spain international is being signed to replace Luis Suarez at Anfield but coach Brendan Rodgers insists that he is not for sale.

Suarez, who is one of Arsenal’s main targets, has reported for the club’s pre-season tour in Australia but Rodgers plans to have more talks with him over his future today.

http://www.standard....5m-8726124.html

Because he's one of the brightest stars from the recent U21 tournament and did very well in Serie A. They're probably also hissing at the English for writing him off after a handful of starts.

That would be mental.

But we bought him for about 12m euros didn't we? Surely they'd start the bidding a lot lower, even if they eventually have to pay 12m.

Obviously I'd rather we got more than 3m, but I wouldn't be arsed if he left for that much. Can't see where he's going to play.

Roberto Soldado too much for Tottenham at £25m

Simon Johnson

Published: 22 July 2013

Updated: 12:05, 22 July 2013

Tottenham are in danger of missing out on a striker for the second time in less than a week with Liverpool closing in on Roberto Soldado.

Spurs switched their attention to the Valencia forward following Christian Benteke’s U-turn on Friday, when he decided to extend his contract with Aston Villa.

Standard Sport understands Benteke agreed to a new deal, which tripled his wages to £60,000-a-week, after it became evident Spurs would not pay the £25million asking price.

But the north London club are now being asked to pay the same amount for Soldado after having a £17m offer rejected. While Spurs are hesitating to meet the asking price, Liverpool are prepared to meet the buy-out clause in his contract.

The price for Soldado, who scored 24 goals last season, will go up to £31m after August 3 but Liverpool hope to agree a deal before then.

Speculation is rife that the Spain international is being signed to replace Luis Suarez at Anfield but coach Brendan Rodgers insists that he is not for sale.

Suarez, who is one of Arsenal’s main targets, has reported for the club’s pre-season tour in Australia but Rodgers plans to have more talks with him over his future today.

http://www.standard....5m-8726124.html

Fuck off, he ain't worth 17m, how old is he?

If we spend 20m plus on soldado when players like higuain and damiao are going for similar amounts I'll be gutted.

His age should mean he doesn't fit profile of players we are looking at especially at that price.

IMO he's just a finisher and we need someone with more to there game, I certainly wouldn't be happy replacing sturridge with soldado.

I disagree Rashid.

The reason being that we are crying out for some more experienced heads in our team. Soldado would be perfect if we are selling Borini and keeping Suarez would make it an even better deal for us.