You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

See, that's just gibberish there Dennis. Not doing your argument any favours. Who says Reina has never been good enough? Nobody, that's who. He was superb for us for many years. For the last three years, he's been no better than a jobbing premiership goalie. Even his distribution wasn't as good as we had come to expect last year.

Ok.

Lets say for arguments sake I agree with that.

In that case we will need:

A whole new defence, none of whom in the past 3 years can really say they have done better than a jobbing premiership team's defence.

A new manager, the last three years have seen nothing extraordinary other than a jobbing premiership manager, Martinez, Lambert, Oneill, Curbishley, Paul Jewell. I could continue with many more of similar record.

Some new owners, done little better than jobbing premier league team Owners.

Ok.

Lets say for arguments sake I agree with that.

In that case we will need:

A whole new defence' date=' none of whom in the past 3 years can really say they have done better than a jobbing premiership team's defence.

A new manager, the last three years have seen nothing extraordinary other than a jobbing premiership manager, Martinez, Lambert, Oneill, Curbishley, Paul Jewell. I could continue with many more of similar record.

Some new owners, done little better than jobbing premier league team Owners.[/quote']

I agree with that in principle, but only if they can be replaced by players at least as good, and only if the incumbents have indicated they want away, and that the replacements buy into the philosophy and approach of the manager.

And you can fuck off with that snide shit! You might want to have a little look at those lining up alongside side because there are quite a few who don't go, ignore that fact if it makes you feel superior - but it won't make you right.

translation please

The fact that we enquired about Bertrand suggests we are looking at bringing in another left back. Makes sense really because Enrique is definitely the kind of player who needs strong competition and Robinson is probably not ready to provide that just yet.

The fact that we enquired about Bertrand suggests we are looking at bringing in another left back. Makes sense really because Enrique is definitely the kind of player who needs strong competition and Robinson is probably not ready to provide that just yet.

All players need competition. But Enrique was our best defender last season, he is probably the last person who needs competition. But another left back would be welcome.

All players need competition. But Enrique was our best defender last season, he is probably the last person who needs competition. But another left back would be welcome.

Enrique had a number of games where he was just in flat out beast mode, and bossed the game, but he also had probably just as many games where he looked like a Sunday league footballer. Just completely inept. Massive gap between his best and worst.

Guest San Don
Rodgers wants rid of Enrique.

Based on what?

He's been looking out for other first choice left backs for a while. Towards the end of last season, a number of players were rumoured to be likely to be moved on.

To my knowledge, these were henderson, enrique, downing and reina who were recognised first team regulars. To be honest, Im surprised henderson hasnt been linked yet although I think the lad has come on a ton in the last season. Im not aware of any approach for enrique to date and after a poor start to the season, finished strongly.

The club were prepared to let downing go to whu, reina is on the verge of going to napoli.

I think he's taking the piss.

I think.

Edit - or maybe not... Who knows?

Just genuinely interested. I haven't got a clue (like most) what goes on at the club with regards to player movement (in/out). He made a definite statement. I'm not sure, but I've not read any comments attributed to the manager that would indicate such. We've been linked to a lb this morning in the papers. Does that mean a) we are after him? or b) we are looking to get rid of Enrique?

I thought Barca had bought Ter Stegen for next season so Reina would be Barca's back up keeper anyway?

Reina has obviously gone downhill a bit but he was excellent since Christmas and is so much better than Brad Jones that it was a nightmare hearing that Reina was injured at times.

We will have a championship standard keeper as back up and a keeper whose team just avoided relegation as first choice.

Doesnt sound anything more than a financial improvement to me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I thought Barca had bought Ter Stegen for next season so Reina would be Barca's back up keeper anyway?

I've no doubt Barca could buy him if they want him, but this is what Ter Stegen said a couple of weeks ago.

"The things that I have supposedly already signed at Barcelona... It is quite amusing," Ter Stegen was quoted as saying by Bild.

"It seems like a lot of people know much more about my future than I do. Fact is, though, that I'm still here at Gladbach.

"I am looking forward to the new season and the club's good signings. I'm very excited about what's happening at Borussia.

"However, you never know what will happen in the next few seasons..."

Reina has obviously gone downhill a bit but he was excellent since Christmas

Since Christmas? I thought he was dreadful in January and February. February was especially a dreadful month. He picked up from March. April and May were very good.

As yet the squad hasn't been weakened as such, just added to in terms of depth. We really need a couple of signings of proven quality who will significantly strengthen and improve the first team. Hold onto Suarez for at least one more season ans do that, and we'll be in a good position. I think FSG have made the money available, but it's now down to Rodgers, the scouting team, and Ayre to get it done. Plenty of time for that to happen yet.

If things take a turn for the worse by the time for window closes, that'll be the time to ask serious questions. But we're about 5 weeks away from that.