You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Fair to say I disagree with every single word you've written, don't think we're going to find any common ground here.

So we haven't conceded too many goals?

Agger has tracked his runners lately?

We are fine at set plays?

Can't see how you can disagree with any of the above really, if so, say why.

Think he's doing okay, better than Egg Nog.

Always seemed Spearing would end up as a decent Championship player.

Its a strange on with Spearing, I think his form under Kenny in the second half of 10/11 showed he is capable of playing in the Premier League but then there aren't many Premier League teams you think he could get in

I think we need a goal scoring right forward. My knowledge of European players is limited, so have not seen the likes of Yarmolenko or Mertens, but Ince looks like good value. Otherwise get an AM, like an Erikson, and give Suarez a free role on the right.

I'd look at Mulumbu as cover for Lucas or perhaps one of the Bedners (can't say I've seen them though, just going on reputation), but if they just promoted Coady I'd be ok with that.

I think we should get an experienced LB on a 2 year contract to cover Enrique so that we can send Robinson out on a season long loan. Maybe someone like Figueora who is on a free.

Need replacement for Carra. If its Williams I won't have a hissy fit. Whilst as an individual ability I am not sure he is good enough, he obviously knows how to play in our system, and perhaps that is more important.

I really like Coates, but he may be unsuited to the system that Rodgers wants to play, so perhaps he should be replaced. I'm not yet decided.

I'd sell Carroll, Assaidi, Pacheco and Spearing, and would loan out Suso and Coady (if we get a DM in) and probably one or 2 other ressies, and perhaps Shelvey if a Prem team was interested.

I've not spent much money there, but I'd like us to get on with the stadium as quickly as possible and with as little debt as possible, and would plough any money into that. Its a long term play though and the owners would need to make it clear that is what they were doing though, otherwise there would be hell to pay!

You're ignoring everything I've said. Don't worry about it, I'll stick you on ignore.

Stick me on ignore because you can't answer my question or debate your point.

Nice one!

Centrebacks have been poor all season, the keeper, two and a half seasons.

Yeah fair comment.

Ideally I wouldn't sell any of them, but I do think we need a dominant centre back in the air and have done since Hyypia left.

It is very hard to find a good keeper.

Reina has proven he can be a brilliant keeper, his golden gloves show that.

He has had a poor two season's by his standards (Gerrard had a poor couple of season's before this one, by his standards as well). I think the stats after the mistake vs City showed he has cost us 8 goals in the last two season's. Too many but not a massive amount, I think Hart for example must have made a similar amount.

Reina despite not making as many saves and too many mistakes in that time, has still always been brilliant with his feet and that is crucial to the way we play.

I think the City mistakes a few weeks ago, which was just a poor decision and that is rare for Reina to make a mistake like that, was a blip and he has actually been in very good form the last few months, making some very good saves.

Add to that his character, his presence in the dressing room - I think it would be a big loss.

I think he is a still a top keeper personally.

I completely agree with this. Alonso had a very average couple of seasons as well. I think he will turn his form around and return to being one of the best keepers in the world.

The far away grass isn't always greener...

Yeah fair comment.

Ideally I wouldn't sell any of them, but I do think we need a dominant centre back in the air and have done since Hyypia left.

You're right, we do need a dominant centre half. We also need someone to work with our current batch, Carragher ?

A defensive midfielder to cover / compliment Lucas is an absolute must.

I'd prioritise a holding midfielder, a centre back and another striker who's able to play central or wide in a three . All of them being capable of holding down a place in the first team.

Supplement that with a backup left back and goalie, another centre back and maybe Ince and that'd be as good as I could realistically expect.

Selling Skrtel would be a big mistake, he was by far our best player last year when everything else looked like a kinder garden

I just get the feeling he'll want to go if he doesn't get his place back by the end of the season, also rumours of a bust up with Brendan after the Oldham game

Its a tough one. Definately not room for mistakes if we want to compete for CL spots.

Why on earth do people want to get rid of Reina? He has proven to be one of the best keepers in the league, but had a form dip and made a lot of mistakes. Its hard to find good keepers, and we for sure have one, so why let him go? Reina has the skills, and skills don't disappear.

I would let go of Downing, and Carroll. Downing has no place in this concept. He creates too little offensively, and is a one trick pony. He creates next to nothing compared to Sturridge, and Suarez who he is playing a front three with. Yeah he compensates for it with a great defensive work, but that doesnt work in Rodgers concept.

We need a wing who creates as much as Suarez and Sturridge does. I know it is difficult but we need it. It is a serious blow that we only have one wing who the opponent fears.

We ofc need a striker. Sturridge and Suarez is in the starting lineup, but we need more than them. Carroll isn't the answer, and we don't know if Borini is yet.

We need a backup for Lucas! We have all seen how poor we can be without him, so that is a must. Doesnt need to be a world class, but at least better and with more potential than Spearing.

A centre back since Carra is leaving, and definately one who can push Skrtel out of the lineup. We need an upgrade in my opinion.

Then let young players as Shelvey, Sterling, and Suso play more, or loan them out. They need experience to get better, or else the whole point of getting great young players is a huge waste. I don't expect them to play every single match, but give them some confidence. I thought Rodgers was great at that in the beginning, but has faded a little. Suso impressed me(more than Sterling at times), but has not been given many chances recently.