You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

yep, that'll definitely be it Frode.

Well you have people praising Sterling saying he has been really good in pre-season etc when in reality he is a nothing player at this level.

He can run with the ball until he gets stuck while running into someone and thats about it.

Alberto worse than Suso and we paid £8M for him, happy days.

Aspas, not sure what he is but I cant see him making an impact against the better teams if an impact at all and thats where we need to improve, we got him for £8M and loaned out Borini who we paid £11M for last summer, makes no sense.

Ibe far too young, but probably better than Sterling, not that it says a lot.

So basically we have got Moses in and hopefully he can do a job, even if he's never set the PL a light anywhere he has been.

How many PL goals did he get for Chelsea last season again?

I think its been a status quo really, certainly not a big improvement in our attacking departement.

For our defenders, we have got a load of CB's in, maybe it will improve us, but I'm not convinced anyone are that much better than Skrtel.

We need competition or even better an upgrade on Lucas but its nowhere to be seen.

Its good that we actually have signed a few players, the question is have we bought the right ones and for the right positions?

Suarez or Suarez

Sturridge or Sturridge

Coutinho or Coutinho

Sterling or Sterling

Ibe or Ibe

-----------------------

Downing or Moses

Borini or Aspas

Suso or Alberto

Shelvey or ??

Assaidi or ??

Sterling, Alberto, Ibe and Aspas goes from not good enough to highly questionable on the level we aspire to so how anyone can say we have actually improved and even worse are happy with the window I'm not sure of.

Moses will be a good signing hopefully, but he is on loan and loan players have a tendency to be overlooked for the clubs own players, especially as starters.

We need Henderson' s energy, pressing and forward runs with and without the ball in midfield and neither Sterling, Ibe or Alberto are players who can come on and change a game, sterling for instance was so shite against the mancs he should have been taken off again, it was painful to watch him doing what he always do unless he has 50 yards of open space to run into and for Aspas, he looks lightweight and more worryingly slow, I doubt he will have much an impact against the better teams in the league and so far he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he will be one we can look to on the bench when we are struggling saying get Aspas on.

So that leaves us with a loan signing of Victor Moses to rely on when one of the other front three are injured or have an off day.

For me thats not really good enough, but I might have higher standards than many others on here.

Moses over Downing any day of the week.

Borini didn't do anything last year so I'd prefer Aspas regardless of his shocker against United.

Suso did ok but no goals or much end product. I'd expect Alberto to be an upgrade. Certainly no less productive.

Assaidi played about 6 seconds of league football and seen as Ibe wasn't in the squad till the very end of last season you could argue he's taking his spot in there.

Shelvey doesn't need replacing. He was shite. He didn't score a league goal. He was a liability.

Since January we've scored a lot of goals and been on an excellent run of form (2 defeats is it since United away?). I'd have loved one more top class addition as I said, we probably need one more player who can make the difference but to say the window has been 'a let down' is just bullshit.

Weve got cover/competition in for Enrique.

We've replaced Reina with a good keeper.

We've now got Agger, Sakho, Toure, Skrtel and Ilori to choose from at centre half (and you somehow spun that into a negative).

We've got an upgrade on Downing for fuck all in Moses.

We'd have all loved one more top quality player but overall the business has been very good on paper. There is no reason why, against dross at home, we can't play Sturridge, Suarez, Coutinho and Moses. Against the better sides we leave one of them out depending on circumstances. We have options. Last year we had Stewart Downing.

Stop being so fucking negative about everything Rodgers. The squad is far better than it was at the beginning of last season and better than it was at the end of the season when we were actually pretty damn good. Maybe in January we'll get Quaresma or Voronin and you will be satisfied.

I've been waiting for Code's contribution, he was obviously keeping his powder dry until we lost a game but the international break has made it almost impossible for the poor fella.

Why don't you continue to share your thoughts exclusively with the MF? It's been quite good here without you.

Do you struggle with a personality disorder?

Aspas is slow?

Really?

I'd say so yes, at least going by the evidence from the mancs game where I had a better view than the first row against Stoke.

no I think Code is right here, despite every incoming player being better than what they've replaced (okay we might miss Carra at times but nothing we could do about that and Kolo looks ace so far anyway) we have had a bad window because we've failed to replace the 0 league starts of Oussama Assaidi, can't believe we didn't replace Pacheco either, absolutely disgusting or Gulacsi!

Well' date=' it's all relative. It was more positive for Code.

I think he's right with a lot of his points, but frankly we've just beaten United and are top of the league so I'd rather concentrate on that.[/quote']

Sometimes he does have fair points to make, but inevitably, his ego mania and refusal to countenance an alternative to his lunacy, far outweighs anything else.

We'd have all loved one more top quality player but overall the business has been very good on paper. There is no reason why, against dross at home, we can't play Sturridge, Suarez, Coutinho and Moses. Against the better sides we leave one of them out depending on circumstances. We have options. Last year we had Stewart Downing.

Stop being so fucking negative about everything Rodgers. The squad is far better than it was at the beginning of last season and better than it was at the end of the season when we were actually pretty damn good. Maybe in January we'll get Quaresma or Voronin and you will be satisfied.

See my other post, but how you can turn this into a Rodgers thing I'll never know, I have certainly not mentioned him.

Playing Couthinho, Sturridge, Suarez and Moses is a terrible idea.

Have you seen the gaps between our attackers and midfield when we win the ball and can hit teams on the break and have you noticed the pace Lucas and Gerrard use to get up in support?

Going by your post I dont think you have, but look for it next time.

• Upvote 1

See my other post, but how you can turn this into a Rodgers thing I'll never know, I have certainly not mentioned him.

Have you seen the gaps between our attackers and midfield when we win the ball and can hit teams on the break and have you noticed the pace Lucas and Gerrard use to get up in support?

So you are suggesting we should play slower attackers so they can keep up?

I'm sure the back four and two of Lucas, Gerrard and Henderson could cope with Crystal Palace's three counter attacks against us at Anfield. As I said, against dross you can play 4 attacking players and smash them off the park. United do it regularly with Cleverley and Carrick in centre mid, they're dead mobile them. Chelsea did it last season with Mikel and Lampard. Against better sides you stick another more disciplined player in, as I said. Quite simple and nice to have the option, isn't it? Or would you prefer to have Suarez, Coutnho and Sturridge supported by Downing every week as we did in games last season simply because he's a bit more disciplined?

Which ever way you want to spin stuff the squad is better than it was. As i said, we now have options.

I don't recall Stevie getting forward much, if at all, against the mancs. It seems against better attacking teams we'll be playing him and Lucas as 2 holding mids, which is ok - we'll have plenty of attacking strength when Luis comes back.

I'm ok with our signings, even if they do give us a temporary glut of defenders. You should build from the back and Sahko and Ilori ought be with us for years.

I think he's right with a lot of his points, but frankly we've just beaten United and are top of the league so I'd rather concentrate on that.

This is the thing though, I'm just not built like that.

I was over the moon on Sunday, but we did not really have a good game against the mancs and there were a lot of things to point the finger at.

Our options from the bench being one and what you actually can expect from them in games against tough opposition.

Aspas having another nothing game in a match against higher quality opposition than amateurs.

The space we give away infront of our own defence and the space we dont exploit infront our our oppositions defence.

Suarez will come in and replace Aspas and that is one huge positive, but I also quastion how many times Sturridge will be out injured as he has got a history with injuries and also Coutinho not being good in a top game again worries me a little bit.

I remember a few years ago when we had totally blown Hull away with a 6-1 win at Anfield early in the season and I came on here and said if we kept on defending like this we would have big, big problems and I got absolutely slated for being negative.

We were 3rd after that game but ended up finishing 7th after coming 2nd the season before.

Its all about the big picture and being able to see what is actually happening infront of you, not what 9 points after 3 games want you to believe.

Based on what Rodgers and Lucas have said, they have been told to sit back when we break. That has been in the 2nd half of games, 1st halves we've had different tactics, no gap there. Anyway, when you're trying to protect 1-0 lead, and park the bus pretty much, you don't break with 6-7 players. Carry on...

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Narrow the fuck out of it and play 4-3-1-2.

Fuck it' date=' I'm emailing Brendan again.[/quote']

Sooner have a wide forward personally. I'm sendin two emails