You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 5m #LFC hope to complete signings of PSG's Mamadou Sakho and Sporting's Tiago Ilori before #MUFC match BBC Sport - Football transfers, Europa League, British MotoGP

Awesome if correct, got to mean Skrtel is off though and don't think Sakho and Ilori would be able to play in that game so if Kolo is out would playing Skrtel knowing he is leaving be a good thing? suppose he has been a decent servant and might want to go out on a high

I'm sensing some backtracking

In what sense? FSG?

Don't be daft, still shithouses, we're still looking at a £20m net spend if all this comes off, and bear in mind that we'll sell Skrtel and probably Reina, back in profit once more.

Sensible buying, player trading, upgrading, but still not the investment we need to push on.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 5s

Hoped that Sakho and Ilori will arrive on Merseyside for medicals in the next 24hrs. Does not mean Skrtel is on the way, I'm told

:whoops:

I really hope we sign Sakho. He is destined for greatness.

As I said yesterday, he is the best defender we've been linked with since we signed Hyypia.

Yes I know we were linked with Vidic, Kompany, Garay, Varane etc...

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Kolo has the Mcallister effect doesn't he.

There's just something about the guy. I must have watched him 50 times in his career without ever really noticing just how good he is. Even when I used to go and watch Arsenal at Highbury, I didn't really notice him because some of the other players - Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Vieira - were so good, but I bet you him and Campbell were the reasons that team went unbeaten. They'd still have won the league, but the guy seems to have an innate hatred of losing and conceding. If we can get a couple of good years out of him, and have him help young players and hopefully have some of that drive 'rub off', he'll be a genuine bargain.

There's just something about the guy. I must have watched him 50 times in his career without ever really noticing just how good he is. Even when I used to go and watch Arsenal at Highbury' date=' I didn't really notice him because some of the other players - Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Vieira - were so good, but I bet you him and Campbell were the reasons that team went unbeaten. They'd still have won the league, but the guy seems to have an innate hatred of losing and conceding. If we can get a couple of good years out of him, and have him help young players and hopefully have some of that drive 'rub off', he'll be a genuine bargain.[/quote']

100% this. He really went under the radar for me up until, well, now. His hunger and desire, allied with his obvious ability, is an absolute joy.

There's just something about the guy. I must have watched him 50 times in his career without ever really noticing just how good he is. Even when I used to go and watch Arsenal at Highbury, I didn't really notice him because some of the other players - Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Ljungberg, Vieira - were so good, but I bet you him and Campbell were the reasons that team went unbeaten. They'd still have won the league, but the guy seems to have an innate hatred of losing and conceding. If we can get a couple of good years out of him, and have him help young players and hopefully have some of that drive 'rub off', he'll be a genuine bargain.

I'd rep that if I wasn't too tight to spend 40p a week on membership.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A few French media outlets saying we've agreed to sign Sakho for 23m Euros PLUS bonuses. Takes it to over £20m. On a CB. That's gone up a touch.

I personally cannot wait to get rid of Skrtel. He personifies failure and a lack of personal betterment. Just keep coasting Martin, all the way to beautiful Tuscany, with your big lips and lovely tattooes. Shithouse modern footballer.

Player of the year 2 seasons ago so is well capable.

Head like a bag of turnips mind you.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I wonder how people will spin this into something negative.

Probably by saying something like 'it's the minimum they should be doing'. Yawn.

'Overpaying for another foreign player'. Nah, one big signing really is the least I expect to be honest. Now, left winger. Konoplyanka. Ta.