You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

It all seems a bit too convenient. Other clubs have signed players despite these hurdles.

There are quite a few clubs with money to spend this window and as yet have either bought very little or nothing. The reason being there isn't a awful lot of talent out there to buy and those that are talented arnt moving or have joined the champions league clubs.

The exception to this has been Spurs but they have over paid for above average players and that is only because of the expected Bale money. What we have bought up to now is young players at reasonable prices and I cant really see what else the owners can do at present.

If they go for a top player then the likelihood is other clubs will also be interested in him. That pushes the player value up and he is more than likely to join a champions league club than us.

The Greek defender is a perfect example of how crazy it is at present. He is a young defender who has been seriously injured and his real value is around £12 million at best. His club slapped a £19 to £20 million price tag on him.

I can understand the frustration everybody has as I have as well over the way this window is turning out , but in all honesty I cant really see what the owners are suppose t o do about it.

There are quite a few clubs with money to spend this window and as yet have either bought very little or nothing. The reason being there isn't a awful lot of talent out there to buy and those that are talented arnt moving or have joined the champions league clubs.

The exception to this has been Spurs but they have over paid for above average players and that is only because of the expected Bale money. What we have bought up to now is young players at reasonable prices and I cant really see what else the owners can do at present.

If they go for a top player then the likelihood is other clubs will also be interested in him. That pushes the player value up and he is more than likely to join a champions league club than us.

The Greek defender is a perfect example of how crazy it is at present. He is a young defender who has been seriously injured and his real value is around £12 million at best. His club slapped a £19 to £20 million price tag on him.

I can understand the frustration everybody has as I have as well over the way this window is turning out , but in all honesty I cant really see what the owners are suppose t o do about it.

Finally some common sense in a whole sea of shit posts.

No brainer for FSG, who is cheaper? Ilory, ok let's get him then.

Sakho is the best defender we could sign and I am not surprised we will not sign him.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m

L'Equipe: Liverpool and PSG are close to agreeing a €16m-€18m fee for Mamadou Sakho. We have an update for you shortly. #LFC #PSG

Yeah that makes sense, spurs are overspending on shite and its only the bale money (About £85m vs about £150m).

Of course Tapas, if it was us signing them overrated players Spurs are getting you'd be crying into your hat that we'd wasted all that money Im sure.

For the millionth time with the hope that I will be heard this time. THEY ARE NOT getting £85m they are getting 85m euros. That's about £70m.

You are right about everything else except about your views of Henderson. He is quality.

Yeah that makes sense, spurs are overspending on shite and its only the bale money (About £85m vs about £150m).

Of course Tapas, if it was us signing them overrated players Spurs are getting you'd be crying into your hat that we'd wasted all that money Im sure.

Who said over rated? I sure didn't. I said there over paying for players which they are.

L'Equipe: Liverpool and PSG are close to agreeing a €16m-€18m fee for Mamadou Sakho. We have an update for you shortly. #LFC #PSG

If its considered good news it is to be totally ignored....

Although that fee seems higher than what I've seen previously mentioned given he has one year left?

If its considered good news it is to be totally ignored....

Although that fee seems higher than what I've seen previously mentioned given he has one year left?

No one will ignore signing one of the most talented and complete defenders.

Sakho is pure quality.

BUT Will we sign him? this is the question my nice fuzzy transfer bunnies.

In defence of the fannies, I suspect that if Sakho comes (which I think he will) it will be for Srtel whom I think will leave. So again the 'net spend' will be about £10m (depending on it being Moses or Yarmolenko), or if you are Dennis the real figure will be £50m.

For the millionth time with the hope that I will be heard this time. THEY ARE NOT getting £85m they are getting 85m euros. That's about £70m.

You are right about everything else except about your views of Henderson. He is quality.

Henderson will be ok as long as we arent competing at the top level, his shit wont wash in the champions league or in a league title challenge unless as a squad filler. Look he's looked 'good', no more than that, in a top 8 team. Likewise Downing looked good for Villa, Danny Murphy and David Thompson were better players with less natural talent and athleticism. Its his mentality that lets him down, he is destined to be, at best a scapegoat for some episode of heroic failure or an important player in some mediocre success.

Sakho : Le PSG et Liverpool proches d'un accordINFO L'ÉQUIPE

Sakho pourrait rebondir à Liverpool. (L'Equipe)

a+

a-

imprimer

RSS Notamment convoité par la Roma et l’AC Milan, Mamadou Sakho pourrait bien atterrir à Liverpool. Les Reds et le Paris-SG seraient proches d’un accord, situé entre 16 et 18 millions d’euros, pour un transfert du défenseur. En manque de temps de jeu au PSG, Sakho (23 ans, sous contrat jusqu’au 30 juin 2014), a demandé à quitter son club formateur le 11 août dernier. Jeudi, il n'a pas été convoqué en équipe de France par Didier Deschamps.