You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Yeah Given as a back up is no problem. But I hope Fsg won't be insulting our intelligence telling us that that concludes the transfer business for the season. If that is the case, we should tell them in no uncertain terms that they have failed us and are no longer worthy custodians of this great club.

Unlike the last lot these will not be going anywhere unless they want to, H&G were not forced out because they refused to spend.

Think we might have to get used to finishing in 6th-8th spot for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping like hell that they prove the cynics wrong over the next couple of days, not holding my breath though, once bitten & all that.

When you get to the end of the transfer window, it's pretty much a mad dash to see who's left. We're probably sniffing around those clubs who've just got knocked out of the CL/EL and needs to cut their squad.

What I find odd is that Eriksen is still being talked about in the transfer window. What's the deal with him anyway? Why wasn't he snapped up after 2010 WC or after the Euros last year. What's wrong with him?

Hes not that good, its mostly hype, a young Joe Cole style hype.

I've never seen him have a good game, also read an interview a year or so from him that immediatly set off giant twat Nicklas Bendtner alarm bells, along the lines of his next club will be a stepping stone to Barcelona.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Ilori and Given + Moses on loan. Hardly strengthening our first eleven.

Guess we just went out of time... Summer window is a tough window etc..

Confirmed?

The main reason why this lack of spending is a load of bollocks is because it’s so fucking obvious that 2 or 3 really good players could have us really challenging.

One top notch left footed attacker would leave us with Sturridge, Suarez, Coutinho and the new guy up front. Pretty shit hot if you got the right player. Certainly I think you could put that up against Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs and be holding our own. Man City I think have better options.

You wouldn’t even want to play them in every game either, being able to sub an extra midfielder in (Hendo) for a bit more solidity. Then we’d have a relatively unproven bench with Aspas, Borini, Alberto and the kids in Sterling and Ibe, but at least there’s a bit of skill and pace there.

It’s bloody obvious we need a good solid centre back, and if money is left over some competition to Lucas.

30 million quid should do the job fairly nicely for those 2 positions, and we’ve banked some profit to go towards that. We shouldn’t be pissing about pulling the rug on the manager when a couple of good signings would make a tasty difference.

The main reason why this lack of spending is a load of bollocks is because it’s so fucking obvious that 2 or 3 really good players could have us really challenging.

One top notch left footed attacker would leave us with Sturridge, Suarez, Coutinho and the new guy up front. Pretty shit hot if you got the right player. Certainly I think you could put that up against Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs and be holding our own. Man City I think have better options.

You wouldn’t even want to play them in every game either, being able to sub an extra midfielder in (Hendo) for a bit more solidity. Then we’d have a relatively unproven bench with Aspas, Borini, Alberto and the kids in Sterling and Ibe, but at least there’s a bit of skill and pace there.

It’s bloody obvious we need a good solid centre back, and if money is left over some competition to Lucas.

30 million quid should do the job fairly nicely for those 2 positions, and we’ve banked some profit to go towards that. We shouldn’t be pissing about pulling the rug on the manager when a couple of good signings would make a tasty difference.

As we've seen this season even from teams that are better placed than ours, signing players isn't easy.

As we've seen this season even from teams that are better placed than ours, signing players isn't easy.

Not when you don't have (the will to spend) any money, it isn't.

Or, in the case of United and Arsenal, not when you're trying to improve title-winning and Champions league squads (i.e., significantly better squads than we have) on a budget that wasn't sanctioned by an oligarch or a regional government.

Meanwhile, in the world of meaningful if realistic ambition, Southampton have signed Osvaldo, Wanyama, and Lovren.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Sure i`m moaning. But its not like its completly taken out of the air is it?

Well, if you're taking rumours and running with them, why not include links for Sakho and Yarmolenko? Why just go with the players you don't want? We're not going to know until it happens. For me, it could go either way. If we end up with Given and Moses on loan, rather than Sakho and Yarmolenko, then everybody will have reason to be pissed off. If not, all this grandstanding by lots of people on here will have been for nothing.

Not when you don't have (the will to spend) any money, it isn't.

Or, in the case of United and Arsenal, not when you're trying to improve title-winning and Champions league squads (i.e., significantly better squads than we have) on a budget that wasn't sanctioned by an oligarch or a regional government.

Meanwhile, in the world of meaningful if realistic ambition, Southampton have signed Osvaldo, Wanyama, and Lovren.

None of those players would improve us. They would just pad out the squad.

Truth is we need top quality players to get us challenging for top 4/even a title push.

Problem is we don't have an attractive package to entice them.

Even if the owners wanted to spend £30m on a player it would be hard to attract the right one. Look at Willian, even if we had offered the same money and wages as Chelsea he still would have go e to them.

Hard for us to be competitive without taking chances on signings like Coutinho, Sturridge, Toure etc