You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Spurs supposed to be getting Eriksen for 11 million Euros.

Can't go wrong at that price.

We obviously want to play Coutinho where he would play but that's the type of transfer we should be doing. £10m - £20m where the very big teams aren't quite sure and their are question marks.

Strange we're not interested when we've chased similar players in Willian and the Armenian for much more money

Idea. We need 2 CB's and he's on a free.

Coates is done in' date=' Toure's out for however long, Wisdom is brain dead and shouldn't play CB and Kelly cant play more than 90 minutes in a row.

Hence why I think we need two.

Fair enough.[/quote']

Wouldn't argue with us needing 2. Another big problem would seem the manager has little faith in skrtel but if we bring nobody else in, I can see him playing a lot if games.

I wonder if Rodgers will agree to an open interview with the fan sites like he did last season?

The line of questioning wont be quite as innocent, but he really needs to let us know if he's been fucked by FSG or if it's his idea to leave us short.

If Rodgers wants to stay here for years to come he needs to accept what hes given and not start anything.

Though looking at how much our rivals have strengthened it will be ridiculous if we go into next season without adding atleast one top player.

but he knows he wont be here long term if he doesn't do well so he's damned if he does moan, damned he doesn't. Its a joke.

PSG would sell him, they'll have a price but as you say we'll be trying to save the pennies and offer the chairman a go on Ayre's Harley and some Wotsits

Telegraph saying Spurs have agreed a 9 million pound fee for Eriksen.

Fuck me. I hope thats bollox

Rodgers might not rate him or whatever I don't know. But if he was available for that much surely it'd be worth a punt.

I'm fucking shocked at how this window is panning out.

Telegraph saying Spurs have agreed a 9 million pound fee for Eriksen.

Fuck me.

Rodgers might not rate him or whatever I don't know. But if he was available for that much surely it'd be worth a punt.

I'm fucking shocked at how this window is panning out.

Agree with that last bit!

Eriksen for that amount makes Alberto look terrible business. At the moment, anyway. In 3 years when Alberto is the new Xavi, Spurs won't be laughing then. Of course Alberto will be playing for Chelsea at that point, though...

Depressing all round.

Spurs are spending all this money because they are getting a load of cash for Bale.

We have kept our star in Suarez and had he gone we would probably be spending similar sums.

It is not like we are the only club in the top 7 that isn't spending. Man U, Arsenal and Everton have all down hardly any business.

Spurs have signed some good players, but would you swap their attack for our trio of Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho? I wouldn't.

LFC have started talks to sign Mamadou Sakho (tweet Tony Barrett,The Times). probably go to spurs but what he like?

I think thats bullshit mate, Barrett hasnt tweeted that.

Its happened to him a few times this summer, people puttting blag rumours out and stitching his name on it.

Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes 7m

Liverpool is officially in talks with #Ajax for Belgian defender Alderweireld (24). Still, there has been no bid made. To be continued. #LFC

That has just come up in my feed though, no idea if legitimate.

Spurs have signed some good players, but would you swap their attack for our trio of Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho? I wouldn't.

We've had this back and forth before but their squad is looking strong. It's too simplistic just to look at Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho.

They've got quality all over the pitch now and they've got depth to back it up.

We don't. We've got a good first 11, probably capable of matching them on any given day. But we're an injury crisis away from looking like a league 1 side in comparison to them.

Our "talks" are like Chinese whispers it starts with the fans being told we have made a £20m bid for player x by the time the player hears of the bid via agents of agents of Ayre it come out like were going to offer you no cl footy at £5,000 per week take it or leave it or go to spurs who will pay you £100,000 a week.

on the above tweet how can any club start negotiations without making a bid surely you need to make a bid to start negotiations?? We are starting to look a bit daft at this transfer lark.