You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Spurs have more quality in their squad than us but I wouldn't be too worried about facing them in a one-off game. I think we can beat them man for man, but over the course of a whole season they are better equipped to challenge at the top end of the table.

If we're looking at signing the like of Costa (20m) Willian (25-30m) & Mkhitaryan (20-25m) then we've got money to spend, but then again is this FSG appearing to be ambitious and trying to show the fans they are trying to sign marquee players. Miss out on 3 marquee signings fuckin REALLY? or are we that bad at concluding a transfer.

We've made money in the window this summer, we've recouped what we've spent and then some. Why are Spurs getting in quality signings and we're resorting to loan signings?? Are Spurs a bigger club then us, Europa Lge? London? paying better wages? I know they have the Bale Money but you've got to ask yourself why are we going for marquee signings if are finances are in question?

Somethings not right and we've been burned before. As far as i can see they've made a profit out of this window

Considering what Spurs have done this window mate, this has been hugely underwhelming!!

I think they have the money to spend, but they will not be pushed around after the carroll and downing deals. The problem is we are going for top players and if we do not pay that bit extra or close the deal quickly then they are teams that are more than willing to pay that bit extra.

Arsenal are doing the same and they have signed f&ck all to.

If we're looking at signing the like of Costa (20m) Willian (25-30m) & Mkhitaryan (20-25m) then we've got money to spend, but then again is this FSG appearing to be ambitious and trying to show the fans they are trying to sign marquee players. Miss out on 3 marquee signings fuckin REALLY? or are we that bad at concluding a transfer.

We've made money in the window this summer, we've recouped what we've spent and then some. Why are Spurs getting in quality signings and we're resorting to loan signings?? Are Spurs a bigger club then us, Europa Lge? London? paying better wages? I know they have the Bale Money but you've got to ask yourself why are we going for marquee signings if are finances are in question?

Somethings not right and we've been burned before. As far as i can see they've made a profit out of this window

Considering what Spurs have done this window mate, this has been hugely underwhelming!!

Yes I agree the window has been massively underwhelming and im not for one minute making excuses for FSG far from it in fact they need to spend big and they wont or can't if its the latter then where has all the sponsorship,tv and incoming transfer money gone?? All I was saying was that loan signings can be a good option all round for player and us (or club involved) I thought Sahin was misused last season and he was wasted by Rogers a Nuri Sahin played correctly (as we seen in 1 or 2 games) could dictate games and win you games if players like him became available on loan i'd jump at it.

As you've pointed out something doesn't feel right at the moment my bluenose mate said on Sunday Liverpool are Everton 10 years ago players fail medicals or were out bid last minute or some other stupid bollocks, I laughed at him and told him we'd never be like the blue shite ! problem is I was thinking something very similar when we lost Willian a few days earlier. sad isn't it.

I think they have the money to spend, but they will not be pushed around after the carroll and downing deals. The problem is we are going for top players and if we do not pay that bit extra or close the deal quickly then they are teams that are more than willing to pay that bit extra.

Arsenal are doing the same and they have signed f&ck all to.

whats the little extra 1 or 2m, 2 or 3m....10m?? If its the little extra you pay the extra 1 to 3m. If they have any 'ambition' or are serious about competing at the top you go out and show the intent. They've made inquiries and tried to sign top players (supposedly) without paying the little extra, so then lets stay a 6 - 8 placed side or a top 10 side?

At least could FSG come out at the end of this window and show us what their ambition and intent is for this club going forward.

Very frustrated pal, seeing all these young promising footballers going to Tottenham

[/b]

Yes I agree the window has been massively underwhelming and im not for one minute making excuses for FSG far from it in fact they need to spend big and they wont or can't if its the latter then where has all the sponsorship,tv and incoming transfer money gone?? All I was saying was that loan signings can be a good option all round for player and us (or club involved) I thought Sahin was misused last season and he was wasted by Rogers a Nuri Sahin played correctly (as we seen in 1 or 2 games) could dictate games and win you games if players like him became available on loan i'd jump at it.

As you've pointed out something doesn't feel right at the moment my bluenose mate said on Sunday Liverpool are Everton 10 years ago players fail medicals or were out bid last minute or some other stupid bollocks, I laughed at him and told him we'd never be like the blue shite ! problem is I was thinking something very similar when we lost Willian a few days earlier. sad isn't it.

Very upsetting, and i feel a shit storm coming there way if this window ends as unproductive as it has been

All this talk about spending omits what the player wanted. Let's face it, Spurs are the hot team now and AVB is like some nob whose father buys him all sorts of expensive things and bankrolls the killer parties at his flat that everyone wants to go to.

We're us, with Rodgers. It's not just the money.

Spurs have done very well with Bale money Soldado,Lamela,Paulinho and possible inclution of Erikkson is outstanding buisness im sorry to say it does any one seriously think we will finish above them please give me a reason and some hope WHY? i know bale scored important goals but if they click AND they finished well above us i just cant see without FSG pulling rabbitts out of transfer hat us finishing above them I REALLY HOPE IM WRONG

I agree they have done very well so far. Soldado, Lamela and Pulinho are players id have had here in a heartbeat. But with Bale they are not just loosing his goals, having a player like that means much more, teams are forced to set up differently, because of the attention you need to give him from a defensive perspective. So basically they have to replace him with several players. Which they might have done, time will tell.

They do have a better squad than us, that's for sure and over the course of a season that usually shows. But baring injuries i think our first 11 is equally good as theirs, if not better with the likes of Suarez, Coutinho, Gerrard and Sturridge who has that extra something. I'll wait until we have concluded our business before i'll decide who has the upper hand, but right now it's certainly them.

Talk today of a Torres return has me saying, "Please, no!" Surely no one is that insane, especially for a swap involving Suarez?

I'd prefer Lukaku out of the Chelsea strikers. In fact, he could turn out to be another bargain like Sturridge, and young enough to be willing to play second fiddle.

But we'd also need about 50 mill, or Mata and Luiz thrown in!

Is that a rumour or just an idea?

Idea. We need 2 CB's and he's on a free.

Coates is done in, Toure's out for however long, Wisdom is brain dead and shouldn't play CB and Kelly cant play more than 90 minutes in a row.

Hence why I think we need two.

I'd rather we lined out with 10 players than sign that bellend.

Fair enough.