You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

More chance of Torres coming back than Mata joining.

Would be class if we got him though, even if it was just on loan for the season. Barca and Real don't need him, nor do Bayern, Italian clubs seem to be broke and you doubt Chelsea would sell to a title rival, so let us have him for a season please. Rafa could put in a good word as well.

False or not who knows....

Edit: Just to avoid confusion, this was about Suarez.

Regarding Hughes:

Liverpool FC U18/U21 @LFC_reserves

Any move for Will Hughes would be pointless IMO. Would be disregarding younger players such as Suso at the club and wasting money.

1:48 PM - 25 Aug 2013

We don't need another youngster, least of all one associated with racist gangs or whatever.

Interesting the love of Mourinho for Liverpool!!!! Didn't start now, did it? Self-confessed childhood fan. But I would still be wary... very wary.

He loves any big club.............. christ he had his pants down asking Man Utd to shaft him up the ass for the job only a few months ago.

Well, that's fortunate, because I'm not a rocket surgeon.

But, I imagine, the wages for 5/6 players are significantly more than the wages for one; hence my reference to the amount they are spending.

As someone said earlier, this could be down to increased TV revenue. But why isn't everyone/anyone else spending similar?

sorry tom i was only joking about the rockets, but have you noticed how much wages we have flirted this summer.

the players we have brought in will not outweigh the wages we have got rid of.

still time to add to our squad and money to spend.

I don't know any of the numbers, it just strikes me as strange that Spurs are spending like drunken sailors and no-one else is. Except the clubs with bottomless pits, of course.

The numbers TH posted may be correct, mind. Not that we have any clue as to the wages of the new guys, though.

They have spent around £40 million net. The players they have bought in/bringing in are on lowish wages. For example Lamela is currently on £20 k a week.

They will sell Bale for around £85 million and Assou Ekotto will be leaving too.

Just a rough calculation for me suggests that they wont be spending too much more than they are getting in.

On top of that there is the new TV deal.

Read somewhere on the internet that representatives of Athletico Madrid are in London so it's quiet possible that Mata is heading back to Spain.

After getting left on the bench tonight I believe it. If Mata slows down counter attacks, then Lampard is like a fecking morphine injection. Mata's got no future with the chavs - end of.

Loads of people who don't like EDL would follow them. Some of the stuff they come out with is unintentionally funny. Thick fucking cunts.

To be fair, he will was also following Tommy Robinson. So i imagine, it wasnt just an interest in the humour element.

Not that i would want to sign him anyone. We need players for the first team.