You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Hey Nighty, care to answer my question from the other thread: Please explain why Papadopoulos is a bargain at 15m?

Because I think he has world class potential.

I don't want to pay Chelski for the privilege of developing one of their rentboys.

I wouldn't mind us "developing" Mata for a season or two.

This thing about Moses is though nobody cares that hes not a marquee signing. I couldn't give a fuck if a player costs 30 million or 3 million. As long as hes good enough.

Right now we need a top player to come into the team in an attacking position.

Moses is decent and honestly is more effective than Downing whos place he'd be taking. But hes not a top player.

He might just might come in to the team and hit the ground running and prove to be a masterstroke. But I don't think he will.

This Mata talk confuses me greatly

Can anyone fathom why Chelsea would want rid? He is genuinely a fantastic footballer (is that not a commonly held view?)

We've certainly been turned down by far worse this summer

I can't see any possibility of this happening but would be a hell of a signing if true

He's a good player; but he is no Xavi or Iniesta, who I guess are the standard for Spanish midfielders as well as the special one.

On Mata what other top clubs have the money required to get him if he is available?

Maybe the mancs but I don't think they'd be in for him, if he is available I think it is very realistic we could get him.

He was willing to come here before he went to Chelsea and needs to be playing this season for the world cup, every Spanish player will be desperate for a place in first team.

With that ultimate endorsement I would say sign him. He'll do a good job for us; no doubt better than Downing. He can score gols, has enough tools in his arsenal to open up defences, has pace and is strong enough for the league. A marquee signing doesn't have to be Latino and ridiculously expensive.

Spurs in for mata according to BBC. Bale money or not, we've made a considerable savings this summer on transfers and the wage bill. If the story from the club is to be believed then we should have no problem in matching Spurs's offer.

Should have known them cunts would be in but I don't believe we would loose out to any player to spurs if we matched there highest wage offer.

There is also the rivarly with spurs and Chelsea and I'm pretty sure Mata knows lfc is bigger club then spurs.

Spurs' wage bill will be going through the flaming roof.

I bet that is the first thought going through a spurs fans mind.I hope they write a letter complaining.

Dear Mr Levy stop buying good players and we would prefer you take the approach of our North London neighbours and Mr Henry. The Liverpool board feel Lamela is too expensive and why should you pay a bit more for quality and if you spend an extra few million on wages we might go bankrupt.

After years of penny pinching I do not agree that with Liverpool and Arsenal looking vulnerable and 4 new new managerial changes from the top 7 now is not the time to be extravagant there is no value in the market, save the money till Jan, I beg you do no risk our future.

I really do not want to see one of the best young players in world football arrive at the lane as I am worried about the wages to earnings ratio, yours faithfully disgruntled Dave from Chessington end.

I bet that is the first thought going through a spurs fans mind.I hope they write a letter complaining.

I guess the inference was - for the slower among you - questioning the sustainability of this splurge.

Is it CL or bust? Or has Lewis morphed into the latest sugar daddy owner?

Spurs in for mata according to BBC. Bale money or not, we've made a considerable savings this summer on transfers and the wage bill. If the story from the club is to be believed then we should have no problem in matching Spurs's offer.

fucksake spurs linked with the likes of hulk,lamela,mata and were talking about moses on loan

"Chelsea have reiterated Juan Mata is not available for transfer this summer despite the imminent arrival of Willian. Spurs have been mooted as having some interest in the player, but will be knocked back if that is formalised. Chelsea are also confident that Willian will get a work permit on Wednesday to conclude that transfer."

Looks like the chavs just closed the window.

I guess the inference was - for the slower among you - questioning the sustainability of this splurge.

Is it CL or bust? Or has Lewis morphed into the latest sugar daddy owner?

The bastards might just be spending the increased tv money to increase wages seems like a good idea to me and the Bale money will cover say 80% of their eventual transfer spend. Hope this helps you as you seem a bit confused if you consider that a splurge.

The Premier League is close to finalising its deals which will bring a total of around £5.5 billion in broadcasting rights for 2013-16. That is £2 billion more than the current deal.

The league champions next season can expect to earn close to £100 million in broadcast earnings while the bottom club can expect their earnings to go up from £39.8 million, which Queens Park Rangers picked up this season, to around £63 million.

The way the Premier League distributes its TV money means half of the total cash from the domestic deals is divided equally between the member clubs, and all of the overseas broadcasting income is also split equally.

A further 25 per cent of domestic TV income is split as merit money depending on where each club finish in the league, and the final 25 per cent is paid in ‘facility fees’ for each time a club’s matches are shown on television in the UK.

For that reason, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur both earned more than Chelsea despite finishing below their capital rivals in the table because both appeared in more live TV games.

Related Articles

Under the 2010-13 deal, which expired this season, each club received a £13.8  million equal share each season plus £18.9 million from overseas rights.

Clubs were further guaranteed a minimum of £5.78 million for live TV and highlights appearances.

Manchester United earned the most from these facility fees, totalling £12.9  million from 25 live appearances.

Some £88 million was paid out in parachute payments to clubs relegated over the last three seasons.

The bastards might just be spending the increased tv money to increase wages seems like a good idea to me and the Bale money will cover say 80% of their eventual transfer spend. Hope this helps you as you seem a bit confused if you consider that a splurge.

It doesn't help really, TH, as you're clearly making up figures.