You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

It does'unt matter how you dress it up. Theres a few days left of the transfer window and we have not improved the first team squad at all and we've spent zero if you take into account sales. Even teams like Swansea have spent around 25m. FSG should be investing 30-40m at least if they want to get champions league. I know we've been in for players and missed out, but it reeks of bad organisation and planning.

Results so far would suggest otherwise, whether it's enough is another argument but we have improved.

If a player we want isn't available, and we don't have the kind of money to make him available, how can signing a talented player on loan be anything but a good move?

I'd rather that than sign a player who was a few levels below what we wanted on a permanent basis and add additional complexity to future signings.

It's better than nothing but it impinges on the manager's ability to plan long term, e.g. Sahin. With players coming in and going out on loan there is no continuity. It's not good enough and Rodgers deserves better.

It's better than nothing but it impinges on the manager's ability to plan long term, e.g. Sahin. With players coming in and going out on loan there is no continuity. It's not good enough and Rodgers deserves better.

No it doesn't.

Loaning good players isn't a new thing, it happens everywhere all the time. All it means is we aren't panicking and having to over pay in the last few days to get a player that might have a budgetary impact further along the line. If a manager wasn't flexible enough to adapt to that there would be serious concerns.

Is Atletico Madrids loan signing of Thibault Courtois having a detrimental effect on Simeone's ability to plan long term?

Moses is all pace and has terrrible finishing.We have 2 pace merchants in ibe and sterling, Moses brings nothing different.

He will hamper there progress and I would rather have kept downing, he offered something different to the two and is better in possession then Moses.

Couldn't be more underwhelmed with a deal, Moses didn't even enter my mind as an option.

No it doesn't.

Loaning good players isn't a new thing, it happens everywhere all the time. All it means is we aren't panicking and having to over pay in the last few days to get a player that might have a budgetary impact further along the line. If a manager wasn't flexible enough to adapt to that there would be serious concerns.

Is Atletico Madrids loan signing of Thibault Courtois having a detrimental effect on Simeone's ability to plan long term?

I don't care what Atletico do it's not relevant to us.

You've said yourself that results are good so give the manager a proper chance and back him. Scratching around for loan signings isn't good enough for LFC. Rodgers deserves better and so do those who have renewed their season tickets. FSG need to stump up over the next 7 days or fuck off.

I don't care what Atletico do it's not relevant to us.

You've said yourself that results are good so give the manager a proper chance and back him. Scratching around for loan signings isn't good enough for LFC. Rodgers deserves better and so do those who have renewed their season tickets. FSG need to stump up over the next 7 days or fuck off.

Ideally we'd sign his permanent choice, but if the argument is the players the manager wanted aren't available then loaning is the pragmatic approach and not as detrimental to him or the team as some would like.

Ideally we'd sign his permanent choice, but if the argument is the players the manager wanted aren't available then loaning is the pragmatic approach and not as detrimental to him or the team as some would like.

Moses seems a very different player to Willian and mkh, players good on the ball who can make the final pass.

If this happens for me its because we cant get anyone else and just want to make up the numbers in the squad.

Moses seems a very different player to Willian and mkh, players good on the ball who can make the final pass.

If this happens for me its because we cant get anyone else and just want to make up the numbers in the squad.

I'm talking about a general approach rather than a comment on specific players.

It's pathetic after all the bravado about going after flair players and centre backs. "Poised to bid" my arse, show us the new players FSG. The argument is weak and unconvincing that players aren't available. It all comes down to money.

They tried this trick last summer, suddenly we had Rodgers coming out saying there were quality players available in the loan market. Why should he have to endure that kind of nonsense in his first season? And now it's happening again. He is being badly let down by those above him.

It's pathetic after all the bravado about going after flair players and centre backs. "Poised to bid" my arse, show us the new players FSG. The argument is weak and unconvincing that players aren't available. It all comes down to money.

They tried this trick last summer, suddenly we had Rodgers coming out saying there were quality players available in the loan market. Why should he have to endure that kind of nonsense in his first season? And now it's happening again. He is being badly let down by those above him.

Money and the willingness to move are the only things it's ever about. If we have 25 million then we aren't going to sign someone that another team has bid 35 million for and nor should we.

Why didn't Spurs make the smaller jump of an additional 5 million for Willian, is AVB being badly let down?

Spurs are supposedly in for lamela and hulk, if they can sell there club to them players and the best we can up with is Moses then we seriously need to look at who is doing our negotiations.

Spurs are supposedly in for lamela and hulk, if they can sell there club to them players and the best we can up with is Moses then we seriously need to look at who is doing our negotiations.

They are also losing their best player for a ridiculous sum, may have something to do with it.

I'm out.

Money and the willingness to move are the only things it's ever about. If we have 25 million then we aren't going to sign someone that another team has bid 35 million for and nor should we.

Why didn't Spurs make the smaller jump of an additional 5 million for Willian, is AVB being badly let down?

You are really good at this.

People are making a case for Moses now, why am I not surprised?

If we were linked with some shite like Puncheon some sorry apologist on here would be on here telling us what a great signing he would be.

Clowns.

With that ultimate endorsement I would say sign him. He'll do a good job for us; no doubt better than Downing. He can score gols, has enough tools in his arsenal to open up defences, has pace and is strong enough for the league. A marquee signing doesn't have to be Latino and ridiculously expensive.

With that ultimate endorsement I would say sign him. He'll do a good job for us; no doubt better than Downing. He can score gols, has enough tools in his arsenal to open up defences, has pace and is strong enough for the league. A marquee signing doesn't have to be Latino and ridiculously expensive.

Moses is shite, I watched there euro games last season to see how rafa done, the competition were Moses was getting games and supposedly showing his quality.Hes shite and a couple of the games I saw ibe play in pre season were better then anything I've seen from Moses.