You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

People are making a case for Moses now, why am I not surprised?

If we were linked with some shite like Puncheon some sorry apologist on here would be on here telling us what a great signing he would be.

Clowns.

You probably called Cattermole World Class when we were linked under Dalglish. I guarantee you'd have said he was better than Lucas.

I think Moses would be an excellent signing. Still only 22, but wasn't fazed by playing for Chelsea so he'll be alright here as well.

Anything that allows Coutinho to move central is excellent news. A loan also puts faith in the two teenagers we have, sends a message to them that they should be learning off Moses and this time next year it should be them starting games.

I can't see us signing a big player now, it's too late. Eriksen should cost £15m, but if you leave it to the last week of the transfer window then what chance have Ajax got of bringing in a replacement? They'll double it, dickhead tax.

If its any consolation, just pretend that we have signed Suarez for £65m but he's injured until end Sep.

We're 2 for 2 without our best player, is it really necessary to panic buy 'anyone' because we missed out on Mkhitaryan and Willian? Keep our powder dry, we can hold out until January.

The chavs want a 2 mill loan fee and all his wages paid at 55k a week apparently

He'd cost us 4 mill for the year...good value?

Not for me.

It strikes me as another Kolo Toure type signing (yes that one has gone way better than anyone could have expected) but it`s worrying lack of ambition from the manager/transfer committee and FSG.

We need to be picking up players that will walk in to our starting 11 and Moses isn`t much of an upgrade on what we have. Fuck looking for squad fillers, get some quality in.

£2m IS a good fee because it means that Chelsea are receptive to this idea. If he helps us get CL then it's a great price.

Ps, Luis Alberto is always on the bench...which position does he offer cover for? DM or CM orAM? It's going to be interesting to watch him this season, £6m was a hefty fee for a fledgling talent, and yet frugal FSG paid it and Rodgers is including him in match day squads from the off.

Read something about El Confidencial, whatever the hell kind of newspaper that is, reported us as being interested in Di Maria. I guess that would be unlikely as hell, but if the interest from Real in Suarez takes off, we might be interested in some sort of exchange deal. Money + Di Maria and take Jese on a season long loan maybe?

Unlikely, but it wouldnt hurt.

I think Moses would be decent, nothing more and I wouldn't be happy with just signing him as I'd want a higher quality starting attacking player too, don't see him really holding up Ibe and Sterling's progress as we are at a stage where they are our only out and out wingers and we don't want to burn them out, Sterling being a squad player and Ibe used sporadically would be the ideal situation this year

The chavs want a 2 mill loan fee and all his wages paid at 55k a week apparently

He'd cost us 4 mill for the year...good value?

Probably not, but lot of Chelsea fans actually seem to think he is pretty good. I was quite surprised by that to be honest. I thought there would be a lot of comments along the lines of "He wasn't good enough anyway" but there is quite a few of their fans praising him in the comments of that Youtube video.

Probably not, but lot of Chelsea fans actually seem to think he is pretty good. I was quite surprised by that to be honest. I thought there would be a lot of comments along the lines of "He wasn't good enough anyway" but there is quite a few of their fans praising him in the comments of that Youtube video.

I didn't want him last summer but he surprised me at Chelsea last season and actually scored a fair few goals although having looked into it most were actually in Europe so don't know if it was against shite in Europa

Probably not' date=' but lot of Chelsea fans actually seem to think he is pretty good. I was quite surprised by that to be honest. I thought there would be a lot of comments along the lines of "He wasn't good enough anyway" but there is quite a few of their fans praising him in the comments of that Youtube video.[/quote']

They all used to praise Torres till rafa turned up at the bridge and he's played like a turd since he got there. Fuck listening to that bunch of fucking no mark glory hunting cunts. If they say moses is good, that's good enough to tell me he's shite.

Not for me.

It strikes me as another Kolo Toure type signing (yes that one has gone way better than anyone could have expected) but it`s worrying lack of ambition from the manager/transfer committee and FSG.

We need to be picking up players that will walk in to our starting 11 and Moses isn`t much of an upgrade on what we have. Fuck looking for squad fillers, get some quality in.

Why has the Kolo Toure signing gone way better than anyone could have expected? I always thought we would start the season with him and Agger as our first choice centre-back pairing.

I'd like someone better, too, but either someone better doesn't want to come here or the owners can't/won't pay what someone better wants. Square 1, again.

Moses is pacey and skillful enough, I can't see how getting him would hurt the team, really.

I'd like someone better, too, but either someone better doesn't want to come here or the owners can't/won't pay what someone better wants. Square 1, again.

Moses is pacey and skillful enough, I can't see how getting him would hurt the team, really.

Spot on. Moses on loan is better than nothing.

The rumour from all these supposedly reliable people on twitter is that Chelsea offered us both Moses and Mata on friday, we didn't have an interest in either til this but it has made us think about both and decided they'd do well for us, by the sound of it we know Mata is unlikely but worth a try and Moses is looking likely on loan, if this really is the scenario then I'd hope that should we get Moses and not Mata (likely scenario) we will be using the money we'd be prepared to spend on Mata and someone else

The rumour from all these supposedly reliable people on twitter is that Chelsea offered us both Moses and Mata on friday, we didn't have an interest in either til this but it has made us think about both and decided they'd do well for us, by the sound of it we know Mata is unlikely but worth a try and Moses is looking likely on loan, if this really is the scenario then I'd hope that should we get Moses and not Mata (likely scenario) we will be using the money we'd be prepared to spend on Mata and someone else

Sure we will. We're spending like a drunken sailor.

If its any consolation, just pretend that we have signed Suarez for £65m but he's injured until end Sep.

We're 2 for 2 without our best player, is it really necessary to panic buy 'anyone' because we missed out on Mkhitaryan and Willian? Keep our powder dry, we can hold out until January.

It's no consolation at all because we had Suarez last season, he was on fire and we still missed out on the top 4. The rest of the squad hasn't really improved enough but three of the other teams above us have significantly. We're not going to win 1-0 every week. We need more players.

This Mata talk confuses me greatly

Can anyone fathom why Chelsea would want rid? He is genuinely a fantastic footballer (is that not a commonly held view?)

We've certainly been turned down by far worse this summer

I can't see any possibility of this happening but would be a hell of a signing if true