You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

If only it was Quaresma and Voronin. I'd pay to see you pulled apart by shire horses, you are an awful tit.

And at last, he delivers. Now by name and by nature. But then a broken clock gets it right twice a day. Only time will tell.

Rodgers : "I want to bid 35mil for Luis Muriel."

Owners : "Yeah......the thing is, we still have a problem with the last time we did that."

Rodgers : "....I suggest you go back to watching some football dvd's to learn more, and just give me the 35mil."

(if only.)

Muriel has said he is staying for another year. Udinese have no need to sell. So he will stay for another year.

Now - I would be agreeing to sign him now. Tell us the fee and we will pay it. I would have given them Coates for a year on loan for first refusal.

Muriel has said he is staying for another year. Udinese have no need to sell. So he will stay for another year.

Yeah I read that he's staying for two more years, but I don't think it'll happen if the right club comes in for him. Either way it's probably going to suck when we see how good he becomes and that we could've at least put in an early bid.

That's footie though I guess. I still can't stop thinking about how we could've probably got Negredo for 15mil or something a few seasons back.

edit : wow, City paid about the same price? That's probably going to look like a bargain soon. Maybe I have that mixed up and we could've got him for a lot cheaper.

Yeah I read that he's staying for two more years, but I don't think it'll happen if the right club comes in for him. Either way it's probably going to suck when we see how good he becomes and that we could've at least put in an early bid.

That's footie though I guess. I still can't stop thinking about how we could've probably got Negredo for 15mil or something a few seasons back. edit : wow, City paid about the same price? That's probably going to look like a bargain soon.

I agree - he does look special. If you put the work in now, we may have a chance. I suspect Real with either get Suarez or Falcao, Lewondowski is Bayern bound. Improve the team and make a genuine effort to land him next year.

To be fair - I am waiting for us to buy a 'Lamela' before he moves to Europe and doubles in price! If you are going to invest in scouting then that is how I would expect it to work.

Didn't realise Negredo has just turned 28. What City paid still seems cheap though.

To be fair - I am waiting for us to buy a 'Lamela' before he moves to Europe and doubles in price! If you are going to invest in scouting then that is how I would expect it to work.

Same, with some luck we'll have the focus to be able to do that over the next few seasons. I hope Spurs fuck up if they go for Lamela too if he's as good as people are saying, obviously. Still not seen anything of him yet, hopefully he won't be a Spurs player if/when I do..

Edited by Red Phoenix

Just seen a couple of clips of Lamela. I think him and Muriel have convinced me to start watching some Italian football again. Last time I used to watch it Costa and Batistuta were doing their thing at Fiorentina, (still my favourite Italian club.) it's been a while!

Why are we not in for this guy again?

Italian expert Paolo Bandini on Lamela:

From what I was hearing two days ago, I thought this deal would be done by now, but it sounds like the various parties (Tottenham, Roma, Lamela) are still talking. It has been suggested in Italy that Roma are the ones pushing this deal, as they still need to do more to balance books even with Marquinhos and Osvaldo leaving. If that is the case, it might be that Baldini is trying to push the price down a little

Guest Numero Veinticinco

BT Sport are saying we've approached Anzhi for Eto. I can't really understand that. I'm not saying he's not been quality, but 32 year old, likely on massive wages?

BT Sport are saying we've approached Anzhi for Eto. I can't really understand that. I'm not saying he's not been quality, but 32 year old, likely on massive wages?

never in a million years will we afford his wages

also he looked shite against us last year but they were playing him as a playmaker for some reason, think thats only time I've seen him since he left Inter

Guest Numero Veinticinco
BT fucking Sport?

Who's been saying it? That gimp that did the F1?

Just checked it out further, and looks like a dodgy Twatter accounts to me - sorry about that.

Now that it looks like Willian is heading to Chelsea I can't see Spurs letting Lamela get away

Wouldn't matter - it's a win-win for us, and I can't for the life of me understand why we seem to be staying away.

We go in for him and get him - we win as we add one of the best goal-scoring wide forwards in Europe (and isn't that what we're trying to do? Add goals? Because if so Lamela makes a lot more sense than Willian).

We go in for him and Spurs get him - we still win, albeit on a much smaller scale, because our interest should help to push the price up a couple more million.

Can't see a negative outcome if we put in a bid for 28 million or so, unless our scouts just don't think he's that good.

I'd hope it wasn't but I think there is merit in that argument - after all, its what I was saying last year when I was seething with us being left with Sterling and Suso up front.

I have a lot of time for Rodgers but he has no chance - and its through little fault of his own if we're left with this squad. People can talk about Alberto and so on but I fully believe he sanctioned those signings thinking that two, possibly three top quality players were coming in.

Reminds me of the transfer window when we bought Johnson for £18m and allegedly had the budget changed a couple of weeks later and lost out on Silva. Rafa got stick that window but had the goalposts changed - not trying to make this a Rafa thread btw.

Reminds me of the transfer window when we bought Johnson for £18m and allegedly had the budget changed a couple of weeks later and lost out on Silva. Rafa got stick that window but had the goalposts changed - not trying to make this a Rafa thread btw.

You would fail if you were trying to turn it into a Rafa thread anyway. We also bought aquaman as well as Glen.