You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Fair enough, I'm not sure exactly what period he's referring to but the general tone seems to be we're defensively shitter than we should be. And we are IMO and for some fairly basic reasons.

But it's the work in progress of a manager who was hired for his ability to improve rather than for what he'd achieved so far. So improve he must do. Because let's face it this team could never in a 100 years go to turin and get a 0-0.

I wouldn't disagree with that. We're definitely defensively shitter than we should be, but i think getting more goals was always going to bring more conceded. How many times have we moaned about a couple of 0-0s in the league and thought one win and one loss would be preferable?

Turin seems a lifetime ago.

Meh I give Rafa the credit and Comolli left his files for them to peruse and Rocky is better than Rambo.

This was when Liverpool first showed an interest in the player. Benitez had told their director of football, Damian Comolli, that Coutinho was the best young player at Inter and capable of being a big success in the Premier League.

BBC Sport - Philippe Coutinho transfer a gamble for Liverpool

There was a very similar conversation about Aquilani I seem to remember.

Meh I give Rafa the credit and Comolli left his files for them to peruse and Rocky is better than Rambo.

This was when Liverpool first showed an interest in the player. Benitez had told their director of football, Damian Comolli, that Coutinho was the best young player at Inter and capable of being a big success in the Premier League.

BBC Sport - Philippe Coutinho transfer a gamble for Liverpool

Coutinho and Biabiany were blooded into the Inter first team by Rafa really. The Inter fans must be pissed off with the way its turned out.

They have a poor side at the moment.

Some seem to be forgetting the amount of stupid individual mistakes that cost us goals last season, especially in the first dozen or so games, doesn't matter a shit what your defensive system is or isn't if individuals are making basic Sunday league level mistakes, if we cut right down on them this season that will be at least 7 or 8 less goals conceded.

From what i saw last season the team looked more and more solid at the back as the season went on, Carra certainly helped that.

Some rumours that there is (yawn) another Suarez story tonight....

some suggestions its a new contract with a 60million release clause for foreign clubs, which I think would be fair enough as if he has another season like last and we still aren't doing well enough he'll be more than entitled to a move, not keen on giving him a big pay rise after his antics this summer though

Guardian and Times are revealing a "new twist in the Suarez saga" around 10 to 10.30 tonight. One lot of people reckon Suarez is signing a new contract with a new £55 mil release clause in it, another lot saying Real Madrid have come in for Suarez.

We'll find out soon enough.

He's wanted by the US military for leaking confidential contract details to the French.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Guardian and Times are revealing a "new twist in the Suarez saga" around 10 to 10.30 tonight. One lot of people reckon Suarez is signing a new contract with a new £55 mil release clause in it' date=' another lot saying Real Madrid have come in for Suarez.

We'll find out soon enough.[/quote']

Hmn. Fucking hate this window, even though I love Toure and Mignolet.