You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Oh and if we are to sign a player please, please make it Bruna he is class no doubt about it in my mind what a player he will be within the next 3 seasons he is going to the very top of his trade don't let Chelsea have a free run at this lad he could be released from his contract in the next 2 weeks if he is we should go all out to land the lad that's all

Oh and if we are to sign a player please' date=' please make it Bruna he is class no doubt about it in my mind what a player he will be within the next 3 seasons he is going to the very top of his trade don't let Chelsea have a free run at this lad he could be released from his contract in the next 2 weeks if he is we should go all out to land the lad that's all[/quote']

Who?

No idea' date=' any country that fell out of the former Soviet Union i struggle with as my parents refused to update their atlases after about 1984.[/quote']

I think he was - but played for Russia. Just awaiting the 'no Ukrainian has ever been successful' arguments if we do buy him. Which we won't obviously.

I'm pretty far from being convinced that he's the right player. Seems a good player' date=' but is he the right player for the side Rodgers is building? I'd say an inside forward is where our money should be spend, rather than somebody who is just an upgrade on Downing. I guess it depends on how much he'd cost.[/quote']

I agree with this. He's just a slightly better version of Downing for me.

I think he was - but played for Russia. Just awaiting the 'no Ukrainian has ever been successful' arguments if we do buy him. Which we won't obviously.

When Jaizinho mentioned Yarmolenko the other day it got me thinking about why Ukrainians were always shit in England and I looked up which ones had played in the premier league

It was Shevchenko, Rebrov, Luzhny, Voronin and some randomer for Coventry or someone.

So as it stands Oleg Luzhny is by far the best Ukrainian in Premier League history, if we sign Yarmolenko and he doesn't take that title, I won't be angry I'll be disappointed

Oh and if we are to sign a player please, please make it Bruna he is class no doubt about it in my mind what a player he will be within the next 3 seasons he is going to the very top of his trade don't let Chelsea have a free run at this lad he could be released from his contract in the next 2 weeks if he is we should go all out to land the lad that's all

he was shit, thats why we let him go to Blackpool and he hasn't got a game there

Yarmolenko is a very good player. A lot more direct than Willian, but probably not as creative.

Wouldn't be my first choice (or second, third), but would be a good signing I think. I expected somebody who was more of a game changer but guess not. He'll definitely give us some pace to get in behind, something we lack Sturridge aside, and as part of a front four it could work very well.

Madness? Or just a difference in opinion?

He's better than Downing but he's the same type of player.

He is by far better than Downing. Its like comparing Sturridge and Darren Bent.

He isn't really the same type of player either. Yarmolenko will take players on repeatedly and isn't a kick-and-run merchant like Downing is.

did this place just crash because Jairzinho heard the odds have been slashed on Yarmolenko to us and jizzed everywhere?

Possible.

Jairzinho just got a hard on somewhere in the world.

Confirmed.

Yeah he's better than Will-iam

Repped.

Yarmolenko signs and I will cream my pants. Brilliant player

Repped.

He seems like a old fashioned winger to me, good pace, technique, and loves to cut back in and take a shot. Looks like a really great upgrade from downing.

Repped.

Don't know much about Yarmalenko, so just read up on him here-

Euro 2012: Ukraine profile – Andriy Yarmolenko | Igor Boyko, Aleksey Ivanov and Yuriy Shevchenko | Football | The Guardian

You can fuck you Mickeyteryannes, your Costa's & Willians off. This is the man. The club has played a blinder here, publicly court other players so other clubs come in. Throw Spurs a red herring in Willian, they bite, think theyre being cute by taking him away from under us. Soon as that deal is signed off, bang, this is the man we wanted all the way. We were just biding our time until them twats had finished spending, so fuck you Spurs. Tactics.

Repped.

I agree with this. He's just a slightly better version of Downing for me.

Negged.

Dont rate him but he's all we've got.

Negged.

Please don't fuck this one up, Liverpool. Please.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's a'right, I was negged for saying he doesn't look lightening quick! He's not coming anyway, which is good because he's shit. And his mother is shit. And his shit is shit.