You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Back in the day when we were the number one destination for top players in England' date=' Spurs were based in London as now. We're located in Liverpool as well. London can't be a factor. The difference now must be in the smart way in which the Spurs conduct their business. Whilst we on the contrary don't even seem capable of selling our brand well enough (the very attractive blend of history and ambition) to the top talent we would like to bring in. In other words, our management is inept and needs an overhaul.[/quote']

Back in the day players didn't expect to live the life of Kings in exclusive gated mansions and travel around in helicopters and the like. Back in the day, most of our players where from the British isles. Back in the day, spurs didn't have a billionaire owner and pay wages of £170,000 pw. Back in the day, we were acknowledged champions of our country. Everything about the sport has changed.

Ask Charlie Nicholas! Back in the day' date=' when clubs signed one or two first team players at most, often signed nobody - he was our first choice and chose Arsenal.

So it is in certain circumstances.[/quote']

And those types of players were always better avoided. We had players who made the decision for footballing reasons. If players do that now, they most likely won't choose us.

And those types of players were always better avoided. We had players who made the decision for footballing reasons. If players do that now, they most likely won't choose us.

That wasn't really my point - we were interested in him, top of the league and we had Kenny, yet he chose Arsenal. The fact he did, was why he was best avoided but he chose Arsenal ahead of the best team in Europe because of London.

Barnes was also holding out for either of the London clubs.

That wasn't really my point - we were interested in him, top of the league and we had Kenny, yet he chose Arsenal. The fact he did, was why he was best avoided but he chose Arsenal ahead of the best team in Europe because of London.

Barnes was also holding out for either of the London clubs.

John Barnes wanted a move to Italy over staying in London, did he not?

Aly Cissokho has signed on a year long loan deal according to Sky. Not sure what ti think about this one.

3 or 4 years ago everyone used to reckon he was the bees knees. Guess we won't be signing that Sequiera fellow then. Hopefully because of using the cash on someone else.

Reckon Wisdom might be off on loan now too.

3 or 4 years ago everyone used to reckon he was the bees knees. Guess we won't be signing that Sequiera fellow then. Hopefully because of using the cash on someone else.

Reckon Wisdom might be off on loan now too.

He was brilliant at Porto and Lyon, what the fuck has happened to him?

If anyone can get the best out of him it Brendan, otherwise no harm done we can just send him back in a year.

Get those two wrapped up and I'll be happy enough with our summer business. I think banking on Lucas and the unbalance in the midfield will be our downfall tho. We should at least put in a decent challenge for 4th for the first time since Rafa left, which would be progress.

I just got to hope Brendan see's sense and addresses the midfield next summer then. We've got good centre midfielders but very little combos that can play together effectively. Benching Allen unless Gerrard isn't playing & bringing in a strong athletic defensive midfielder would transform our team. Unfortunately Brendan seems like he's going to do anything to justify the Welsh Xavi.

Get those two wrapped up and I'll be happy enough with our summer business. I think banking on Lucas and the unbalance in the midfield will be our downfall tho. We should at least put in a decent challenge for 4th for the first time since Rafa left, which would be progress.

I just got to hope Brendan see's sense and addresses the midfield next summer then. We've got good centre midfielders but very little combos that can play together effectively. Benching Allen unless Gerrard isn't playing & bringing in a strong athletic defensive midfielder would transform our team. Unfortunately Brendan seems like he's going to do anything to justify the Welsh Xavi.

No top teams have a strong athletic defensive midfielder. Brains and passing is what you need I think. The issue with our midfield is the lack of class besides Gerrard. If he gets injured or when age catches up with him we'll have a massive hole there. I like Allen but would play Hendo unless we're playing Coutinho in there.

Hopefully Cissokho with be really motivated to secure a move and will have a good season for us. Apparently he's got decent pace and good stamina which he will need in our system with so much relying on the full-backs.

If we get Willian in then it would seem we have had a decent window, although only time will tell.

Hopefully Cissokho with be really motivated to secure a move and will have a good season for us. Apparently he's got decent pace and good stamina which he will need in our system with so much relying on the full-backs.

If we get Willian in then it would seem we have had a decent window, although only time will tell.

Top notch Downing replacement would have been my main requirement. Then centre back. A couple of decent other attacking options I think we might have with Aspas and Alberto.

No top teams have a strong athletic defensive midfielder. Brains and passing is what you need I think. The issue with our midfield is the lack of class besides Gerrard. If he gets injured or when age catches up with him we'll have a massive hole there. I like Allen but would play Hendo unless we're playing Coutinho in there.

I'm not talking about someone who's just big and fast for dm. Someone who play a little too would be nice. I just don't think we've got the legs in there with Lucas and Gerrard playing deep together. Gerrard's quality is obvious for all to see still, so I'd be making up for what he's lacking nowadays by putting someone beside him to do the leg work, that's not post injury Lucas imo.

I like Allen too but he can only play where Gerrard's playing. He's got the body of a child so I don't want him at dm again and he's just not creative enough to play the 10 role. Although I fully expect Coutinho to be shunted out wide to fit Allen in the team against Stoke.

If Lucas can get back to his very best, then we wouldn't have a problem. Banking on that however is wrong, and dare I say it plain stupid, after how many times it's backfired on us.

Sounds like I'm moaning when I really would be happy if we brought these two in. It'd be progress in the squad and first XI. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. It's just the blind eye being turned to what is clearly a problem area imo is irksome.

Apparently Eto'o is willing to take a paycut to go to Chelsea. Would he be worth a shot? Think I remember him talking nice about us before.

He's commented recently that he wants to work with Maureen again, so we'd probably have next to no chance.

edit :

There is only one José Mourinho. I have played under a lot of great coaches – but there is no other character in the game like José.

He is one of the best coaches in the world – and we had a lot of success together at Inter Milan. I would like to have the chance to play under him again because it is never boring when José is around. Chelsea are a great team. When we have all the offers on the table then I will discuss with my agent and see what my next step is.

Chelsea consider £5m move for Samuel Eto'o as Wayne Rooney chase fades | Football | theguardian.com

He's commented recently that he wants to work with Maureen again, so we'd probably have next to no chance.

edit :

Chelsea consider £5m move for Samuel Eto'o as Wayne Rooney chase fades | Football | theguardian.com

Etoo's agent is quoted as saying he's going nowhere because no-one else will match his wage and money > everything else. It was quite refreshing to read. "we only care about the money".

Got to try and make something of Henderson in the Lucas role i think.