You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Kenny's blunders eradicated.

Think Comolli gets the blame for the fee / wages. His job was to do the negotiating.

Dalglish gets the fault for buying an average player.

It takes fuck all away from the fact the man is a living legend and always,always will be.

Kenny and the club fucked up on a grand scale.

4 useless cunts, just shy of 80 mil. 2 gone, one to follow soon with a bit of luck and I wouldn't be too distraught to see the back of Henderson either.

I'd say give Henderson another season at this point. He looked good at the end of last season and we can see if he is going to push on. Ins't he still only like 23?

If Downing moves out the door do we need to get two new players that can play in wide positions?

Suarez, Aspas, Coutinho, Sterling can be wide guys at this point....

That's what annoys me about people saying we never spend money. We have spent money, for many years now, with the problem being we have bought far, far, far, far too many shit players, again and again and again.

Only Chelsea and City have outspent us over the last 10 years. We've spent more than United/Arsenal/Spurs.

I thought 70 but both are lunacy.

You only have to think Joe Cole etc, etc, etc, to see the millions up millions the club spunked up the wall. At least we have a business model now, like it or not but it makes a change from handing out massive contracts to people with not that much talent.

Glad those days are over.

We will sign someone soon i reckon, we have probably got the books in order and moved on players contributing nothing, so we will spend.

Stirling a year on and back on form, the emergence of Ibe - he can play some role - Aspas already makes our forward line a lot better, add one more player to that and we are in good shape.

Also considering we are starting the season with Sturridge and Coutinho, one hell of a transformation from the start of last season.

Fuck me - we could have got Mata for 20M, if we had a half competently run club. As I understand Downing was 2nd choice as we where too slow of the mark for Mata.

No. Believe it or not. Downing was actually our first choice. Juan Mata was our fall back guy.:wow:

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lots of people were quite accepting of the deal at the time. 'he'll surprise some people', they said. Yeah, surprise us with how bland he is.

No. Believe it or not. Downing was actually our first choice. Juan Mata was our fall back guy.:wow:

Except that's not true is it, the only people dumb enough to believe that was a twitter itk who later admitted he'd been spoofing.

We'd no chance of getting mata as like with the Armenian this summer he wants CL football. Anyway take fee and move on, we need to do same with Skertl, no loan deal

Liverpool FC to off-load Stewart Downing to Newcastle FC at a massive loss - Liverpool Echo

I don't think he'll play much so he should go. Was never good enough. Terrible buy.

One of a few left that doesn't fit in Rodger's scheme of things. Needs to go I think. I know we overpaid for him but 5 mil is too cheap; 7 mil I would say is more fair.

Still I thought Downing was ok last season. Not great obviously, but he put a shift in for the team, offered good balance, and had decent passing. Even scored a couple of goals. I would have kept him for the squad, unless we get a better replacement.

Mind you 80 grand a week.