You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

If I give you £2 per hour more than the rate FSG is paying you for your on line appreciation' date=' will you write something against them?[/quote']

Your supposed to be a Liverpool supporter and write shite like that about the owners?

I'm not entirely happy with them but I keep my own counsel when it comes to matters about the owners as we really don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

If you think that is acceptable then you need to give your head a wobble, before you say it's a joke you've been nothing but a snide all transfer window. You're nothing but a very bad WUM!

If we still have Suarez and sign a couple of decent players come September 1st will you have a good word to say ?

Nah he wont, most of the people on here wont, they will still find something to moan about.

Costa would be the 4th highest player in our history. FSG would have paid for 3 of the highest transfers in our history....but they are still money grabbing cunts bleeding the club dry and asset stripping us!

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3rd biggest transfer. Meaning our four biggest transfers will have come with the asset stripping FSG at the helm. They're even rubbish at asset stripping, the cunts.

3rd biggest transfer. Meaning our four biggest transfers will have come with the asset stripping FSG at the helm. They're even rubbish at asset stripping, the cunts.

Yea bastards, they came here like saviours and what have they done?!

Bought 4 players in very early, now trying to keep a 40 - 50 million pound player AND add to his quality with another 22 million pound player.....

Wankers

Did he sign yet? I didn't know that bids count as actual transfers.

Yea its a smoke screen, we dont have that kind of money and we have pulled the wool over the worlds media with a fake bid to make the fans think they arent asset stripping us

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Torres was more wasn't he? Minor quibble.

Well, there's no set agreement on what he cost, but it's widely accepted that he was 20m not the 26m some initially reported. So the same as Downy.

Torres was more wasn't he? Minor quibble.

I always thought Torres was around the £20m mark myself, though a lot of papers bang it up to £26m I think explaining Garcia was somehow involved.

Who are the others we've spent more than £22m on? I genuinely can't think.

Got to be honest I don't know why we're in for him - he's a striker right? I thought we needed a creative and goalscoring attacking midfielder - a Gerrard replacement. I'm not slagging off this transfer just saying I don't get it. Oh and the last thing we need is another nutter IMO - have fight, be passionate, but within the laws of the game please.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I always thought Torres was around the £20m mark myself' date=' though a lot of papers bang it up to £26m I think explaining Garcia was somehow involved.

Who are the others we've spent more than £22m on? I genuinely can't think.[/quote']

Suarez and Carroll.

Suarez and Carroll.

Sorry, I should have mentioned I obviously remembered Carroll, but again I thought Suarez was only around £20-22m.

I suppose it's all a case of who's printed figures each person believes most as very rarely do the media all report these fees in absolute agreement.

Either way, it seems a lot of money one him in one sense, but the going rate in others. If it works out it was great, if not, not so much.

Got to be honest I don't know why we're in for him - he's a striker right? I thought we needed a creative and goalscoring attacking midfielder - a Gerrard replacement. I'm not slagging off this transfer just saying I don't get it. Oh and the last thing we need is another nutter IMO - have fight, be passionate, but within the laws of the game please.

He can play as a striker, but was primarily used as an attackin midfielder last year. Versatility is good, no?